Companies new Covid Policy...

I was taking to my daughter's friends father this evening and he, like myself works at a hospital.  I think he's a doctor, but not sure, only the second time we've talked in person.  He and I seem to be very like-minded, i.e. he voted for Trump, etc.  He was telling me that it's great to have my daughter over because she is 'normal' and he hopes it will influence his daughter.  I asked what he meant and he said my daughter doesn't wear a mask unless the store/restaurant/etc business says it's mandatory, whereas his daughter won't leave the house without one on her face.  I was surprised to hear this and asked my daughter about it.  She said her friend is shy and uses the mask to not have to interact with people out in public.  Yet this same girl is on TikToc, Snapchat, and other social media and is totally comfortable.  Kids are being programmed to not have human interaction.  It's sad and scary.  

Also, the hospital I work in sent an email last week saying they knew CA had lifted the mask mandate and CAL-OSHA was going to 'rule' on new mandates as well.  Our CEO was going to wait for the new CDC guidelines before changing our mask policies.  Sooooo, the CDC says you don't need masks anymore and our hospital says yeah, eff that, you guys still need to wear masks while at work.  I guess the staff at this hospital knows better than the CDC.  Or they lost sooooooo much revenue last year due to the lockdowns (we were at 60% capacity for several months, normally at 100%) they are trying to keep the 'fear' of Covid going and wearing masks will perpetuate this.  

I was taking to my daughter's friends father this evening and he, like myself works at a hospital.  I think he's a doctor, but not sure, only the second time we've talked in person.  He and I seem to be very like-minded, i.e. he voted for Trump, etc.  He was telling me that it's great to have my daughter over because she is 'normal' and he hopes it will influence his daughter.  I asked what he meant and he said my daughter doesn't wear a mask unless the store/restaurant/etc business says it's mandatory, whereas his daughter won't leave the house without one on her face.  I was surprised to hear this and asked my daughter about it.  She said her friend is shy and uses the mask to not have to interact with people out in public.  Yet this same girl is on TikToc, Snapchat, and other social media and is totally comfortable.  Kids are being programmed to not have human interaction.  It's sad and scary.  

Also, the hospital I work in sent an email last week saying they knew CA had lifted the mask mandate and CAL-OSHA was going to 'rule' on new mandates as well.  Our CEO was going to wait for the new CDC guidelines before changing our mask policies.  Sooooo, the CDC says you don't need masks anymore and our hospital says yeah, eff that, you guys still need to wear masks while at work.  I guess the staff at this hospital knows better than the CDC.  Or they lost sooooooo much revenue last year due to the lockdowns (we were at 60% capacity for several months, normally at 100%) they are trying to keep the 'fear' of Covid going and wearing masks will perpetuate this.  

Another thing to consider is that a lot of front line and middle management workers (in any industry) will want to perpetuate this to keep the reduced workload in place. Pay hasn't changed, so why go back to 100% capacity?

Another thing to consider is that a lot of front line and middle management workers (in any industry) will want to perpetuate this to keep the reduced workload in place. Pay hasn't changed, so why go back to 100% capacity?
Smart thinking. Do more with less. lol

Back