Coffee

He’s a pretend Country Boy! Ease him in with some of that Wild Turkey 101. 🤪

Meatloaf sauce as in ketchup, mustard, onions, and brown sugar all mixed together? That’s the real deal. Although my uptown ass prefers a brown gravy on my meatloaf and taters.

Meatloaf sauce as in ketchup, mustard, onions, and brown sugar all mixed together? That’s the real deal. Although my uptown ass prefers a brown gravy on my meatloaf and taters.
I do one with Ketchup, Dijon mustard, brown sugar and Worcestershire sauce and a bunch of fresh cracked black pepper. People seem to like it, you can sub the ketchup and brown sugar with BBQ sauce. No special ratio's just do it to your liking. 

Smother the top of the meatloaf with it and they lay slices of bacon over the sauce. 

I quit coffee about a year ago and started using mushroom coffee. I have energy all damn day, no crash.

Packed full of good stuff.. adaptogens, immunity,vitamins, anti-inflammatory, etc I still like the taste of coffee so sometimes I'll mix it with decaf.

MudWtr

I quit coffee about a year ago and started using mushroom coffee. I have energy all damn day, no crash.

Packed full of good stuff.. adaptogens, immunity,vitamins, anti-inflammatory, etc I still like the taste of coffee so sometimes I'll mix it with decaf.

MudWtr
Do you have any suggestions on websites to learn about this stuff?

What does it taste like?  

I didnt realize it was a link.  

Thanks!! 

I didnt realize it was a link.  

Thanks!! 
👍

His wasn’t a link, but gave enough info I was able to find out what it was. I’m still studying up on it as some of what I’ve read so far has been quite interesting. I do start each day with a cup or two of coffee but I am not a fiend to where I “have to have” it. I do enjoy it but am wanting to cut down on my sugar intake more than my caffeine intake. This may be a tolerable route since I enjoy really dark or bold coffee but not the bitterness. I use the sugar to knock the edge off of the bitter.

FWIW, years ago my Dr. said that there is nothing wrong with drinking coffee.  putting tons of crap in it, is not good for you, but the coffee is not bad for you.  with him its all about moderation (as it should be), so Im sure if I told him that I drank 30 cups of black coffee a day he would call me a dumbass.  I dont, I only drink 28...  LOL

Mushroom coffee is a trending coffee brew made from blends of regular coffee and extracts of medicinal mushrooms, including Chaga, Cordyceps, Reishi, Lion’s mane, and Turkey’s tail.

Although there are several health claims regarding the use of mushrooms and mushroom coffee for various health conditions, most of them are unverified at this moment, and more human research is needed.

Coffee

Product type

Caffeine

Folgers Black Silk Dark Roast

Keurig pod

100–150 mg

Folgers Back Silk Decaf

Ground coffee

1–4 mg

Four Sigmatic Instant Mushroom Coffee with Lion’s mane

Instant

50 mg

Shrooms Reishi Mushroom Coffee

Instant

53 mg

Tiger 2 Mushroom Coffee Lion’s Mane + Chaga

Ground coffee

60 mg
Kind of interesting.

Do you have any suggestions on websites to learn about this stuff?

What does it taste like?  
There's so many different brands and places to read about this stuff it's hard to nail down one good place. Healthline nutrition is a good start. So is mud Waters website, they are in California and work with maps.

It's turned into the latest fad that's for sure. I stick with the mud water (mudwtr) mostly because it's very low in caffeine. Depending on which one you get it either tastes like crap or like dogshit. Lol. You get used to it though. I enjoy the taste of mud water now. My routine now is a scoop of mud water with some extra reishi and lion's mane in a cup of decaf coffee.

The only thing I caution you about is what brands you use. It has to be mostly fruiting bodies, a lot of the cheaper stuff is a bunch of fillers and stalks. You can also build a tolerance to adaptogens.

Real psychedelic mushrooms are being used more and more everyday for PTSD depression etc. You're going to start hearing a lot more about it. The more you read about the different types of mushrooms and what they do, the more you'll be amazed.

These are the brands that I deal with after lots of testing and reading.

Capture+_2021-11-12-08-28-55.png

I'm now on Blood Pressure Meds....who else is and what did you do to keep drinking coffee? :coffee:

...thanks..

I'm now on Blood Pressure Meds....who else is and what did you do to keep drinking coffee? :coffee:

...thanks..
I have been on Blood pressure meds for 10 years now, I stopped drinking coffee about 3 years ago, I saw zero change in anything when I quite coffee.  No weight loss, no weight gain, no change in blood pressure on it or off it.  I just started drinking a cup a day again, because I like it.  I don't do any other caffeine or sugar drinks at all.  My real world experience, drink coffee in moderation and you won't see any change in your body.

drink coffee in moderation and you won't see any change in your body.
I quit 18 months ago. What I did experience was a headache that lasted for 2 weeks. Caffeine restricts blood vessels in the brain and when you stop they expand causing the headache. BTW I drank 2 cups a day.

I quit 18 months ago. What I did experience was a headache that lasted for 2 weeks. Caffeine restricts blood vessels in the brain and when you stop they expand causing the headache. BTW I drank 2 cups a day.
I had zero affects when I quit, having headaches would suck.  I also drink lots of water, maybe 1-2 gallons a day.  Zero sodas as well.

Last edited by a moderator:
This is the type of guy that gave me a chub when I saw his Erection after he noticed that someone washed his coffee cup (i.e.....ME!) ... :lol:
You spelled erection wrong...fixed it for ya!

:lmao:

I do the Keurig thing with a small shot of some creamer in it and maybe 2 a day...usually 1.

I like dark roast.

Back