chEFFs Dream Home Build

Ran into one problem with the bridge trusses....Half the bridge will be under water when the pond is full. NOT GOOD. Bad execution on my part. So, I have to paint the steel structure. They make a product called TarGuard. It's a 2-part epoxy. 5gal bucket $380.00. Had a painter buddy come by yesterday. He's going to learn the product and get me a quote / guy to paint it for me. I'm out on painting! Peace

View attachment 66109
Nice cross over for the ATC 70 nationals you will be hosting this summer. :classic_biggrin:

POOL INFO: Didn't realize AFTER the gunite is poured, you MUST water it twice a day. It's amazing how dry that stuff is. Takes a lot of water to harden this stuff. They say you can't apply too much water. You water the walls and the water doesn't make it to the floor. It drinks the water like crazy. Can't wait to see next months water bill. Tile and Coping has begun. Peace

POOL INFO: Didn't realize AFTER the gunite is poured, you MUST water it twice a day. It's amazing how dry that stuff is. Takes a lot of water to harden this stuff. They say you can't apply too much water. You water the walls and the water doesn't make it to the floor. It drinks the water like crazy. Can't wait to see next months water bill. Tile and Coping has begun. Peace
my buddy used to do gunite pools and he got some kind of infection or something in his hands from that stuff and not wearing proper protection. i forgot what they called it but it was bad news. that stuff is no joke

We watched a movie last night. Our TV is in the motorhome! You know you're a redneck when you have to go to the garage to watch TV. Peace

We watched a movie last night. Our TV is in the motorhome! You know you're a redneck when you have to go to the garage to watch TV. Peace
refrigerator, sink, radio, tv, food stash, table, office chair........... I could spend almost all of my life in there.  LOL. 

what is the big round cement thing for?  is that a settling tank or accumulator or something like that?  Does the top edge go below the bottom of the pond or will it sit some height above the bottom or not even in the pond????

what is the big round cement thing for? ?

The RCP is for the pond. It'll work as a skimmer if you will. Vertical mount. We're going to cut the front of it out and install a grate so water can come in and pump water from the lower pond to the upper pond. Need to circulate the water. The well and rain water from the roof hopefully will keep the pond full. Summers are brutal in Texas. Pump that well dry! Peace

Picked up 8 yds of manure yesterday. Going to lay down some SOD today. "NO ONE" has SOD! Damn the luck! Peace

Block delivered yesterday for more retaining wall work. I wonder if this place will ever be done!? Or run out of money! Peace

Back