chEFFs Dream Home Build

My Buddy DBLJ whom I met on the Motocross Track is a Steel Erector and comp'd me the trusses and the install. Of course I left him a care package $$ under his center console. Peace

IMG_4204.JPG

IMG_4205.JPG

Beautiful job!  I love the walk-in bridge and LOVE the pool.  Very cool design.

Cool bridge and yes that pool will be spectacular...HaPPY FOR YOU GUYS CheFFRO!

How do you keep all those PVC pool pipes above ground from freezing and breaking? I would have thought they use PEX but I'm sure there is a valid reason why not? Just curious. 

How do you keep all those PVC pool pipes above ground from freezing and breaking? I would have thought they use PEX but I'm sure there is a valid reason why not? Just curious. 
Great question. I'd take a guess but......I just write the checks. HA. I know with the main water lines buried they used PEX. The PVC will be buried or under water I assume. FREEZE PROTECTORS on the pump are vital here in TX. Unless a power outage happens, then all heck breaks loose. Tile and Coping starts tomorrow. Peace 

Great question. I'd take a guess but......I just write the checks. HA. I know with the main water lines buried they used PEX. The PVC will be buried or under water I assume. FREEZE PROTECTORS on the pump are vital here in TX. Unless a power outage happens, then all heck breaks loose. Tile and Coping starts tomorrow. Peace 
I've followed this thread and it's been awesome watching it all come together. But don't recall if you had a whole house back up generator installed?

I've followed this thread and it's been awesome watching it all come together. But don't recall if you had a whole house back up generator installed?
I do not. YET! Going to entertain the idea for sure. Also thinking SO:LAR. That roof could generate quite a bit of power. Costs up front? Long term I get it. But........plan on living there til the day I die. Hopefully 30 more years. Would it be wrong for me to beg the good Lord for 30? HA! Peace

Ran into one problem with the bridge trusses....Half the bridge will be under water when the pond is full. NOT GOOD. Bad execution on my part. So, I have to paint the steel structure. They make a product called TarGuard. It's a 2-part epoxy. 5gal bucket $380.00. Had a painter buddy come by yesterday. He's going to learn the product and get me a quote / guy to paint it for me. I'm out on painting! Peace

IMG_4211.JPG

Moving water is hard to freeze. So they will tell you to make sure and run your pump if you get a hard freeze warning.  Also the water on the other end can expand and contract so the pipe won't burst like a pressurized pipe.  It is more like a drain or vent pipe.  there is plenty of space for the water to go before pipes go boom.

The RCP for the pond pump. Picked it up this morning. Had a 35 mile drive to the house. I can't believe it didn't crush my trailer. Drove with the emergency flashers on at 45-50mph on the hwy. Any bump I hit, the trailer looked like it was a trampoline. The idiots driving behind the trailer who wouldn't go around were living dangerously. 

IMG_4238.JPG

IMG_4236.JPG

Told the guy when we loaded it, lets settle up $$. He said, "No thanks. Thats too much paperwork. You can have it" Borrowed a couple straps from him for the grade rings and told him when I return, i'll bring him a care package $$. He said "I Trust You" Pretty cool getting a FREE if you will piece of concrete. My excavator BARELY got it off the trailer. I'll need a bigger excavator or my buddies crane to plant that dude! Peace

IMG_4239.JPG

IMG_4240.JPG

Back