chEFFs Dream Home Build

Starting to notice a lot of little mistakes I've made in the design of the house. Well, let's just say the mistakes were made by Architect / Builder / Design Team / Subs. Well, Ok, ME! I've never built a house before so forgive me. I walk out doors and reach on the wall to flip a switch and it's on the other side of the wall. Little things like that. Areas where I expect a light switch isn't there. You can't predict where you'll be walking in the house until you move in and live. "I would have put a switch here / switch there" seems to be my thing lately. Also lighting. Got way too much light in the house. Need dimmer switches apparently. Need an "IRON" to iron things out. Anyone? HA! Not a negative post  Reality post. House is amazing. Keep Y'ALL posted! Guest rooms are almost completed. DON'T come yet. (That's what she said) Peace
I built a office for a guy in a wheel chair and we designed the switches for him and the city said we had to change the plans because they weren't compatible for handicap. We I told them he is handicap. They go you have to change them, so that office has a lot of three way switches. More than one way to skin the cat. DON~~~

Reactions: FOG
I've got motion sensors on the halls and rooms at my shop. I'm thinking that route. Seems convenient to walk in and the light does the trick without my brain. Peace

My house was built in 1981 (Custome Home), light switches are in the weirdest places.  I have lived in this house for three years and still reach to turn on a light in certain places and there is no switch there.............I keep telling myself I will learn, HAHA

3 years? It happened quite a few times this weekend too. Said the same thing. "I'll Learn!" Peace

No rush for TV and Internet. Really enjoy listening to music every morning and evening. Been riding my 3-wheeler every night / buzzing to the neighbors' houses. Love the dead end road. No Traffic. Woke up with my left food bruised from grabbing gears! Peace

Wireless light switch, brilliant. I have a few pocket doors that required a couple light switches get moved.....wife hates the new spots....so of course so do i :wife:

Awesome stuff cheffro, living in a house is when you find out what works in reality.

I've got motion sensors on the halls and rooms at my shop. I'm thinking that route. Seems convenient to walk in and the light does the trick without my brain. Peace
You can buy small motion sensors led lights that are battery operated. My sister in law has them. DON~~~

Flying in my buddy for 3 weeks of final grading the back yard. Pool people hopefully start next week.....Rain yesterday probably didn't help the start date. Sunshine for the next 2 weeks (Fingers crossed) Time to pound! Peace

POOL BUILD............The engineer calls for 21 Helical Piers to be installed. The company we've hired Paul Miller Custom Pools quoted us $911.00 per pier. Just so happens I have a good friend I play golf with who owns a Helical Pier Company. I called him and he quoted me $650.00 per pier. They specialize in Pools. Done thousands of them. My pool builder is worried about "WARRANTY" issues and is hesitant to use them. I hear it in his voice. I feel like I've STEPPED on his toes while talking to him. But..............that's a substantial savings. I had no idea Roy owned a Helical Company. My pool builder says he doesn't build many pools with Piers involved. Why would he care who we use? Peace

POOL BUILD............The engineer calls for 21 Helical Piers to be installed. The company we've hired Paul Miller Custom Pools quoted us $911.00 per pier. Just so happens I have a good friend I play golf with who owns a Helical Pier Company. I called him and he quoted me $650.00 per pier. They specialize in Pools. Done thousands of them. My pool builder is worried about "WARRANTY" issues and is hesitant to use them. I hear it in his voice. I feel like I've STEPPED on his toes while talking to him. But..............that's a substantial savings. I had no idea Roy owned a Helical Company. My pool builder says he doesn't build many pools with Piers involved. Why would he care who we use? Peace
What is a pier for? 

There are probably $261 reasons per pier for him to care about who you use.

Be carefully, u get involved with part of the structure of the pool the contractor will have always have a go to reason for any issues with entire pool

Be carefully, u get involved with part of the structure of the pool the contractor will have always have a go to reason for any issues with entire pool

Pool Builder did mention possible warranty issues with the pier company. I trust both companies. Pool Builder 40 years experience / Pier Company has done thousands of these pools and he's a friend of mine too. Pool Builders' Engineer did the drawings so, install per Engineered drawings. Simple. Peace

Had to bring over the golf net yesterday. Spring time calls for some golf. Love moving the clock ahead 1 hour! Peace

IMG_4090.JPG

Back