chEFFs Dream Home Build

Time for a little service on the Log Splitter. Change the oil / clean / air filter / Replace Hydraulic Filter. Peace

I had serious issues getting a permit from a county a few years back. After several months of runaround  I was at my whits end, I purposely went into the permit office at 4:45 pm on a Friday. I laid my checkbook on the counter and told the clerk I wasn’t going to leave until she told me how much to make the check for and get my permit. She said she didn’t think she could that. I told her to prepare for a long weekend at the office then. She went back to talk to someone and I overheard heard say “ I think this is guy is seriously not going to leave”. 10 minutes later I handed her the check and walked out with my permit. 
Imperial County didn't have a problem issuing you permits, hell they found a new one to make you buy every 30 days.  When they built the Target store every month the inspector would show up for an inspection only to tell the GC that he couldn't do said inspection due to a permit not being issued or expired. The inspector never knew how much it was going to cost so the Super had to go to the County Office stand in line get the permit. WEnt on every month without fail even towards the end after work was completed somehow the permits had expired and would need to be renewed for another 90 days.

POOL, $203,000 quote. Includes decking around the pool. The LED step lights are $450.00 ea. Installing TEN (10) of those bad boys. Labor and wiring included. We're having the patio decked just like the decking on the pool. When we walk out the sliding glass doors, we walk right onto the pool deck. Seems HIGH but.........everything has been high. And everything has been FIRST CLASS. Cutting corners does not exist in this project. Besides, when GD.com wins the Mega Millions Lottery draw tonight, ($1.4bil) who cares about costs anymore?! Peace

200.gif

This morning I woke up with the thought............"Am I doing the right thing?" Peace

Just spent an hour reading this whole thread.  Don't know how I missed it in the first place.  All I can say is "Well done!!!".  Just remember my words "I'm sorry. I didn't mean it.  It will never happen again"   :classic_biggrin:

If she doesn't have the pool permit in hand this week I would just spread some rock where it will be and get the final and start living in the dream in the dream home.

POOL, $203,000 quote. Includes decking around the pool. The LED step lights are $450.00 ea. Installing TEN (10) of those bad boys. Labor and wiring included. We're having the patio decked just like the decking on the pool. When we walk out the sliding glass doors, we walk right onto the pool deck. Seems HIGH but.........everything has been high. And everything has been FIRST CLASS. Cutting corners does not exist in this project. Besides, when GD.com wins the Mega Millions Lottery draw tonight, ($1.4bil) who cares about costs anymore?! Peace
Seems about right and I'm pretty sure it isn't going to be some basic pool?? It will be Epic ChEFF Style.

You will love it and enjoy it.

Do it.... :biggrin:

Signed Contract this morning. Send 5% ($10k) tomorrow. Pool drawings are off to the Engineer. I want to install piers for my piece of mind. Everything has been over kill. Why stop now? I like your idea MWB......I can use the rock somewhere on the property! Peace 

The Pool Design. Infinity Edge. Massive Decking. Going to deck all the way to the sliding glass doors. The Infinity Edge will look awesome. When you walk in the front door of the house, the pool will look like it's falling into the pond below. Should look Awesome! Peace

Tron Pool.jpg

We've had some interesting days lately. While I was away doing a job out of town, the wife went to the City and played her CARD. Born and raised in this little town, committed her life to the community. House is completed. Front yard is done. Back yard needs a pool. Just hired a pool contractor. Let us move in. We're TIRED of this living in limbo thing. The city Manager and the head guy in charge of inspections told my wife, we'll get you moved in immediately. Have your builder call in for Drainage and Final inspection. BOOM! Job well done! Drainage Inspector comes out yesterday and GREEN TAGS the drainage. Minimal work needs to be done out front, grass needs to be layed down next to the street to control the little bit of erosion. Excellent Job Honey. Wauy to use your power in the community. Then she gets a phone call from the Head Dude in charge of inspections (She Thinks), leaving a message saying there is "A LOT" of drainage work that needs to be done. Final Inspection is scheduled for today. Green Tag and C/O is expected to be granted (In our minds). He mentioned they'll give us a TEMP C/O while the drainage matters get addressed. This is a little early to guesstimate, and I'll try and attend the Final Inspection meeting this morning, Are they going to say the back area of the property where the pond and golfing green are being constructed, need to be completed BEFORE we get the PERM C/O? That's my GUT feeling. I'm trying to figure out the best words to use with these City Folks. The words circulating in my brain are not kind words. I can't complete the back area of the lot in two weeks time. It's a process. So anyway..............This area of the city is Country. Everything is backed up to Corp Property. The lake is at our back fence. Everything drains to the lake. The piles of dirt I have is contained on our property. To be used at a later date. The drainage  off this property goes to the lake or to our pond. The city guy leaves a message saying we're possibly draining on the neighbors property. The way this dead end street is layed out, ALL the water drains down each others property. Except the guy on the TOP of the hill next door to us. We have controlled our water in the back yard. The street water shoots straight down to the lake. It's a down hill grade. It's been that way since the street was paved. I'm anxious to hear what the City boy has to say. NO ONE's back yards are erosion controlled. NO ONES!! But mine will have to be? This is the reason I'm awake at 3:00am typing my thoughts to Y'ALL. Sometimes I think.......Should I just push all them boulders in the pond, bull doze the barn, build 3-4 more houses on the property and completely ruin the neighborhood? Sell everything! 2 story homes 8' a part from each other. Talk about erosion control. Nothing but roofs and concrete. This is probably 3:00am sleep walking (typing) words. It's the Dream Home. Maybe I'm just dreaming. Peace 

Back