chEFFs Dream Home Build

Meat U Anywhere is a good one too. Angelos BBQ in Downtown Fort Worth is the Best. The first BBQ joint I went to when I moved here in 1984. Rib Plate and A large Beer. Classic Combo right there. Peace
i'll give them both a shot next time i'm down for work. we ate bbq everynite for a week lol. 

It's a Liftmaster 8500. Wifi Capability. You can put it on any side. They're extremely quiet. My cost for the operator is $590.00. You'll probably be paying $1100-$1500 out there installed. What I like about them is it's on the wall and not above the door. Didn't want to mount to the aluminum frame of the glass. Not strong enough. Peace
I have the same one, my buddy is a garage door man, Got a new insulated door for $2k from him and the motor for $800, gave me his cost. so yeah normally would have been 1100 +.

It's awesome, uses an App, MyQ...you can check your door to see if it is closed from wherever. I don't know how many times I left for work only to turn around and see if I shut the garage door...Now can look on the app and it will say, door closed and how many minutes it has been closed.

Super quiet

:headbang:

Wit the amount of rain we get here, I'm concerned
Yes, not much of an issue here in Az. Chip seal used to be how city/county repaired or updated streets. Don't see it much anymore probably due to traffic volumes and rock chips in paint and glass.

Two (2) pool appt tomorrow. Finally getting some people to show up. Pool companies act like they're too busy for customer service. I get it. We were slammed this summer. Now......we're catching up. I'll be looking for work soon. Be careful how you treat potential customers. Especially ones with money and demands. Peace

Zoysia Grass is expensive! Peace

Zoysia Grass is expensive! Peace

I figured you would go with a hybrid. Maybe a cross, ah, of Bluegrass, Kentucky Bluegrass, Featherbed Bent, and Northern California Sensemilia. You know, the stuff that you can play 36 holes on it in the afternoon, take it home and just get stoned to the bejeezus-belt that night on.

Trailer parking! Wife don't like this pad. I reminded her of our agreement. She does the inside, I handle the outside. Peace

IMG_3959.JPG

I thought that was guest parking and trailer parking was right next to the RV garage..

Depends on what one you stay in. I've got "NO PARKING" signs going up everywhere. Can't wait to confuse my guests. HA. Full Hook Ups next to the RV Garage. Enclosed trailers out front. Peace

Two (2) pool appt tomorrow. Finally getting some people to show up. Pool companies act like they're too busy for customer service. I get it. We were slammed this summer. Now......we're catching up. I'll be looking for work soon. Be careful how you treat potential customers. Especially ones with money and demands. Peace
Whoever you get to build your pool...watch them like a hawk that they build what is planned!

Talk to your neighbors who have pools and see if they are happy with who they had build them and look at the quality of work.

Ask the companies bidding to go see their stuff in person and take your wife too. I know this sounds like a pain, but you'll be spending a lot of money and you want it done right. Every build will have issues btw, but it is how the company deals with those issues too.

Can't wait to see what you do.

:cheers:

Not impressed with the Pool companies so far. I'm hoping this one guy, whom I've seen his work, comes thru. He's been building pools for as long as I've been in business. He walked very confidently. "Just another Pool" I thought, is what he was thinking. One Company brought their Architect out on their second visit, talk about a pretty boy. Looks like he's fresh off the CA Hollywood Scene. He was cute. Fancy tight jeans. Wore his ears inside his hat. Was better than everyone who walks. He made one mistake......when the wife showed up he didn't acknowledge her correctly. Meaning he didn't acknowledge her. The pool owner and the pool salesman both were perfect in their exchange with the Mrs. My wife says to me later, "I don't like him." The owner was cool. Salesman is cool. Just good 'Ol Country Boys. They talked about this guy. Asked me what I thought about him. All I could think was "He's Cute" They laughed and replied, "He's one of those guys but......He's good at what he does." Had a kid referred to me. 28 years old. Works construction. Builds pools on the side. He's built 3 pools. Cool Guy. Nice Kid. I wish I could give him the job but......this job is too extensive for him. I told him i'd keep him in the loop so he could LEARN the ropes with whomever I hire. Had an old Spanish man referred to me. He came by and his eyes didn't look too confident after seeing the idea. Nice man but....Didn't get the vibe with him. I've got a feeling the Company I hire will be the older gentleman. He's bringing his son by Monday to shoot some Grades. I'm losing sleep with too much on my brain. Been making a lot of decisions lately with Dream Home / Business. Golf doesn't sound fun. Extra Curricular activity doesn't sound exciting. So I think I'll Air Up 'Ol Black Betty's Tires. Clean her up from Veterans trip. Load her in the trailer, contemplate our Future in the comfort of the drivers seat and Head West for Christmas / New Years. Can't think of a better way to cleanse the Soul. Peace   

Rain has hindered the outdoor work. Can't do indoor work cause it's done. What to do?? Peace

Drink beer, get ready for Glamis. 

Amazing you say that.....Split tons of fire wood today. Drank quite a few beers. Fixed the  steps on the Moho. Well, actually, zip tied them up. Got to order a new motor. They wouldn't retract last trip. Good thing the barn has all my wood and log splitter under roof. So, productive day at the Dream Home. Peace

Back