chEFFs Dream Home Build

Returned from two weeks away. The Dream Home had some things accomplished. Sprinkler System IN. Mulch IN. Pavestone walk ways under construction. Outdoor BBQ doors / heater installed. Going to focus on pounding the remains as soon as I get caught up with business. (Check Writing). Peace

Have I showed you the Man Cave Door? Beautiful. PeaceView attachment 50377
what kind of garage door opener is that? 

it looks like it bolts to the end of the tube that the springs are on..

Is it reliable?

how expensive is it compared to a "normal" gear drive one?

can I put it on the left or the right?

what kind of garage door opener is that? 

it looks like it bolts to the end of the tube that the springs are on..

Is it reliable?

how expensive is it compared to a "normal" gear drive one?

can I put it on the left or the right?

It's a Liftmaster 8500. Wifi Capability. You can put it on any side. They're extremely quiet. My cost for the operator is $590.00. You'll probably be paying $1100-$1500 out there installed. What I like about them is it's on the wall and not above the door. Didn't want to mount to the aluminum frame of the glass. Not strong enough. Peace

They are extremely quiet and have an electronically activated deadbolt that attaches to the track on the side of the opener. I've had them added to all of our garage doors (3). Battery back-up, so if power is off you can still open/close your garage without having to screw with the emergency pull (good for wife, kids and oldsters.)

One of the best upgrades we've done to our garage. Really cleans up the garage ceiling.

Building code where I live requires 110v power supply pretty close to the drive unit, so there was some conduit and switch boxes involved. It was as good of a time as any to upgrade all garage outlets, add stainless face plates and switch from fluorescent to LED lights.

While in Glamis we had some landscape work. Sprinklers Done. YEEHAA! Peace

IMG_3937.JPG

IMG_3938.JPG

IMG_3936.JPG

Love to change the color of Dirt. Peace

IMG_3956.JPG

IMG_3955.JPG

IMG_3954.JPG

IMG_3953.JPG

Need some Sun to start work Monday. This time of year.....weather does cause delays. Peace

Grass Monday. Fingers crossed. Peace

I was just in your area for a wedding, in the lovely area of Burleson. I wish we had more time so we could of stopped by. We did have the best BBQ at Hard Eight. Damn, that was tasty!  

I was just in your area for a wedding, in the lovely area of Burleson. I wish we had more time so we could of stopped by. We did have the best BBQ at Hard Eight. Damn, that was tasty!  

Burleson TX. Hard Eight is some good stuff. Next trip you find time....We;re here! Peace

Decomposed Granite mixed with Portland Cement is going to be my Trailer / car parking out front and the side driveway. Going down the hill to the barn next to the retaining walls I think I'm going with asphalt. DG probably will wash away! Grass Monday / Tuesday! Peace

Burleson TX. Hard Eight is some good stuff. Next trip you find time....We;re here! Peace
hard 8 is legit for sure. everytime im in texas i try to hit as many bbq places as i can. last time we went to some place called bombshells I think it was, burnt ends were damn good. it was like a sports bar type joint, food was good

Decomposed Granite mixed with Portland Cement is going to be my Trailer / car parking out front and the side driveway. Going down the hill to the barn next to the retaining walls I think I'm going with asphalt. DG probably will wash away! Grass Monday / Tuesday! Peace
When I built my industrial building, I paved the entire yard, at considerable expense. My neighbor did compacted DG, and then chip seal it. I had never seen this, but it made a great surface for his yard, especially if it's low traffic.

Decomposed Granite mixed with Portland Cement is going to be my Trailer / car parking out front and the side driveway.
Thought about getting a scoop of rock to park my trailer on. Was going to make a post asking what size people recommend. The stuff we are putting behind a retaining wall is cheap but also larger rocks. Around the 3/4" size. Probably the wrong choice for driving on since it doesnt compact together. Its only 50 bucks for a tractor scoop. 

Thought about getting a scoop of rock to park my trailer on. Was going to make a post asking what size people recommend. The stuff we are putting behind a retaining wall is cheap but also larger rocks. Around the 3/4" size. Probably the wrong choice for driving on since it doesnt compact together. Its only 50 bucks for a tractor scoop. 

I'm renting a compactor to beat that stuff into the ground. Peace

When I built my industrial building, I paved the entire yard, at considerable expense. My neighbor did compacted DG, and then chip seal it. I had never seen this, but it made a great surface for his yard, especially if it's low traffic.

I plan on it being low traffic but......Don't need pot holes showing up out of nowhere. I'm looking for bullet proof! And pavement is Bullet Proof! And costly $$$$. Wit the amount of rain we get here, I'm concerned what to do. Peace

hard 8 is legit for sure. everytime im in texas i try to hit as many bbq places as i can. last time we went to some place called bombshells I think it was, burnt ends were damn good. it was like a sports bar type joint, food was good

Meat U Anywhere is a good one too. Angelos BBQ in Downtown Fort Worth is the Best. The first BBQ joint I went to when I moved here in 1984. Rib Plate and A large Beer. Classic Combo right there. Peace

Back