chEFFs Dream Home Build

Wanna talk about MEN. These two guys are PRO's. Peace

IMG_3773.JPG

Last edited by a moderator:
There used to be a ditch before development of the property. The ditch had to go away for me to connect to the street. If I kept the ditch in place, have you ever driven a motorhome across a ditch? Talk about Rockin and Rollin. Peace
My question is what did your Civil grading and drainage plans say?

In AZ you must receive water from the natural location and then it must exit in the natural location.

I dunno about Texas. 

If you end up having to install the culvert you could go class V rgrcp pipe. And basically poor the driveway back directly on the pipe. The ends could be depressed a bit. Only thing is that will create standing water. Could dig down and do like 36" of riprap to get the water down into the soil and not visual pound above ground. 

Still looks like a mess.  I'd consult your civil engineer or talk to a local one prior to getting with the city inspector. 

Here's the neighbors ditch. Remember, this culvert NEVER flowed out to my property. Peace

View attachment 40166

View attachment 40167
Does the water flow from his house to yours ? or the other way ?  I would start off by telling him to locate that pipe on the other end. At that point you can have a discussion.  Even if that pipe didn't come out on your side of things and there was a ditch where it should of come out, that you filled in. Your the unlucky bastard I am afraid.  What I didn't see though was where the ditch you had across your property flowed into.   Who know's it might go for 2 or 3 houses before coming back up.  

You need to find the other end of that pipe for sure.

Does the water flow from his house to yours ? 

Yes. He's at the TOP of the street. BUT........................The water never flowed down his pipe thru my property. It always went above the ground. Our street is a steep grade downward to the lake. When they moved in he did that rock work. So, maybe I could offer to buy his rock, provide the dirt to fill his swell, and the water flows over our driveways down to the lake. It would be so much cheaper and easier to fill in his void than to cut my place up. Just a thought. Peace

Sure wish I had time to be a part of the build. Work is getting in the way of finishing! Peace

Yes. He's at the TOP of the street. BUT........................The water never flowed down his pipe thru my property. It always went above the ground. Our street is a steep grade downward to the lake. When they moved in he did that rock work. So, maybe I could offer to buy his rock, provide the dirt to fill his swell, and the water flows over our driveways down to the lake. It would be so much cheaper and easier to fill in his void than to cut my place up. Just a thought. Peace
Kind of looks to me as he created a rock bed lake in his front yard. Surrounding areas like your drive drain as they did prior to slab, and they still do. What changed?

Meeting the city today at 2:00. all those interested will be there! Me, i'm working. I'll have representation speak my peace. Peace

Kind of looks to me as he created a rock bed lake in his front yard. Surrounding areas like your drive drain as they did prior to slab, and they still do. What changed?

I agree with you. What changed? Did the neighbor get too anxious? Nice Rock Bed Lake. Peace

Out here we call the infiltration ditches. To capture roof and property run off.. There was a time when new construction or add on's had to put one in or capture the water in rain barrels using a calculation on how many barrels you would need. BTW do you explain to this peasant exactly who you are??

City Inspector was too busy today. Cancelled the appt. Peace

The infamous piece of glass got exposed yesterday! Can't wait to show it to y'all. Peace

Retaining Wall Footers are completed. Material has been ordered. Headed to Wichita Falls Monday to pick up the ONLY 120gal Propane Tank available in the state. CRAZY how difficult it is to find that tank. They had ONE left. The company asked where we're putting the tank because they want to service it. My builder is from Vernon, TX and his dad has an acct with this company. YES.....we lied and said "Vernon". 2 1/2hrs from Grapevine. Peace

Yet there isn’t any updated pictures.  You know the drill ChEFF 

Back