chEFFs Dream Home Build

open the wall and do it right

The electricians opened the wall out on the back deck to find a bad wire. Just had it closed up. Painters are next. Should be under warranty. My builder always says.......Simple Fix. Peace

The electricians opened the wall out on the back deck to find a bad wire. Just had it closed up. Painters are next. Should be under warranty. My builder always says.......Simple Fix. Peace

Thank you

Just wrote a check list at the house. 3 pages so far. We've just begun! Peace

We should just move in with Cots and sleeping bags. Call it quits. Peace

"Honey, where do you want access to the toilet paper rolls?" Peace

right or left,

right or left,

right or left,

right or left,

right or left,

right or left,

right or left,

HEY........... these are important things.  LOL.

and DONT get me started on over or under...........

Dilemma re: Driveway Pour. My next door neighbor pointed out I don't have a culvert under the driveway. He has one at his house but has been clogged since I can remember. 18-20 years? Anyway, he said I need a culvert or his place won't drain and the city won't give me the final pass for a C/O. I told him the concrete company and the city inspector discussed what needed to be done and they did it. But.......he's right. He's screwed if I don't expose his pipe and clean it out so it will flow. Problem is.....where is his culvert and how far does it go into my property? I've never seen it. He was adamant and kind of aggressive with me in his tone. I'm confident he will complain to the city if something doesn't get done about it. I'm not a fan of someone TELLING ME what to do because of HIS problem. Do I cut the driveway up and put in a Culvert? Expose his pipe and make sure He Flows down the street? Or say.................Happy "EFF OFF" Friday? Peace 

@ChEFF Telling the guy living next to you to EFf OFF is not a good way to start off. 

I would of also told him.. "This is information I needed to know before the poured concrete"| 

So the way I am understanding it is that he has a underground culvert that went into your property and ends. Well where is the water going now? 

What he is telling you is that you needed to of extended that downstream to the guy next to you, what happens then ? 

I say if the city inspector has passed off what you did and he has something that wasn't working before, It is his fault it won't be working still.

I would start off at least asking him to expose the culvert at the property line because something isn't adding up

Now if you need to get a pipe under your driveway's approach you could horizontally bore.

Back