chEFFs Dream Home Build

Just read thread end to end. I'm exhausted... Congrats on turning a dream into reality.

I'm exhausted right there with ya Skyward. Appreciate you joining on the journey. Peace

600AMP Meter Base. Rare commodity in the Residential world. Getting installed this week. Talk about POWER! Peace

IMG_3573.JPG

IMG_3574.JPG

Do these Sconces look too small? Questionable. Don't want them too small of too big. Peace

IMG_3581.JPG

IMG_3582.JPG

600Amp Service. Scotty.....I need more power. Peace

IMG_3583.JPG

Did a lot of cleaning with the skid steer yesterday. Grab all the leftover rock and stacked it for retaining walls. Gotta Landscape Architect coming next week to draw my design. Peace

Exterior is getting painted now. Hope I've picked the right colors. Too dark....too light? guess what? It's just paint. Peace

Doors black. Trim DARK Gray. Lighter Gray on the wood. All The colors are in the Rock Ledge. Exterior colors have been picked. Hope it turns out nice. Peace

IMG_3588.JPG

IMG_3589.JPG

IMG_3590.JPG

Red Door: In America a red front door holds the historical significance of meaning people are welcome at the homes that host a painted door. Travellers were welcome to rest and have a meal, and during the Civil War in the Underground Railroad, runaway slaves would also see a red door as a sign of a safe house.

Black Door: In front door symbology, black is synonymous with authority, power, and strength. A person owning a black door communicates that the home is a serious place and that they're a person of substance and sophistication

Black Door: In front door symbology, black is synonymous with authority, power, and strength. A person owning a black door communicates that the home is a serious place and that they're a person of substance and sophistication

Black Door explains the Wife very well. I'll paint the Dog House Door RED. Peace

Haven't had any people at the house lately. Disappointing. Peace

ugh... so frustrating!!

Even my builder is extremely frustrated. And trying to get lights is frustrating. The excitement is starting to wear off. It was once an exciting thing this building a Dream Home thing. Now it's a job! Peace

Even my builder is extremely frustrated. And trying to get lights is frustrating. The excitement is starting to wear off. It was once an exciting thing this building a Dream Home thing. Now it's a job! Peace
cheff, i feel ya!!  been building a cabin in big bear since August 1st. Contractor is great, unlike you, i have people their every day, but wife and i are ready to get in!!  They say the last 10% takes 40% of the time! Good luck my brotha...keep the faith!

cheff, i feel ya!!  been building a cabin in big bear since August 1st. Contractor is great, unlike you, i have people their every day, but wife and i are ready to get in!!  They say the last 10% takes 40% of the time! Good luck my brotha...keep the faith!
Did you guys buy land or just renovating an existing building?

I love Big Bear.

Back