BBQ Smoking Thread

I did my first ribs smoked on a old fashioned charcoal smoker,  the tending to it every 45 mins and trying to keep a level heat was a pain so I just bought a new pellet smoker.  Can wait to try it out.  Set it and forget it.
Don’t go with the “set it and forget it theory”. It’s easier than wood but you do need to keep an eye on it.  

Don’t go with the “set it and forget it theory”. It’s easier than wood but you do need to keep an eye on it.  
My smoker has the wifi and bluetooth. It tells me at a glance on my phone if the pellets are low, the heat of grill(grill level), and the internal temp of the meat... it is one step from hiring my own personal texan to cook the meat for me!

f6dzw0g621a71.jpg

Thanks @matt86m all the wife remembered was it was a roast.  
little bigger than it is prime rib.    Also next time cut it in line with the bones,  it will be more tender. You bring the Traeger out to the dunes? I got something special to put on there next time out.

Last edited by a moderator:
Split a brisket last night, flat is brining for the next 3 weeks to make pastrami, I am smoking the point today for burnt ends, I will put up a pic later if I remember :), I use my smoker 2-3 times a week and I just forget to take pics most of the time.

Picked up my new Smoker today and made some chicken and veggies. Char Griller Gravity from Lowe’s. Pretty impressive for a charcoal/wood grill. Super easy. Looking forward to some cooks now. 

View attachment 8350

View attachment 8351

View attachment 8352
I have a friend that loved this all the way up to the rubber flap by the heat box started folding up.  He found a forum where others had similar issues and did a fan and controller mod and it is back in the line up.  You may want to look into it.

I have a friend that loved this all the way up to the rubber flap by the heat box started folding up.  He found a forum where others had similar issues and did a fan and controller mod and it is back in the line up.  You may want to look into it.
Thanks for the heads up. I did read reviews where the flapper would get messed up. But sounded like it was due to people adding wood chunks into the ash bin near the flapper side. Guess it would flame up and curl up/deform the flapper??? Anyways,  I always add wood chunks away from the flapper or into the charcoal hopper and haven’t had any issues. I’ve been keeping an eye on it though so far so good. 

Back