1964 Dodge A-100 Hot rod sort of rat rod build thread.

Speaking of Nicole Johnson. Watched this one a few weeks ago. This truck is wicked cool.

Never thought about selling these. Had just a few made for another project I am working on. Keeping me away from the truck for a week or two. It is turning out amazing. It is cool enough I will do a separate thread on it. Can't post anything yet because it is a gift. 
Try stainless steel. DON~~~

Never thought about selling these. Had just a few made for another project I am working on. Keeping me away from the truck for a week or two. It is turning out amazing. It is cool enough I will do a separate thread on it. Can't post anything yet because it is a gift. 
I would love to have one, If you decide to sell one.

I have been working on a top secret project for the last two plus weeks. Super cool and I will do a separate thread on it Monday night. Finally able to get back to the truck today. Lots of figuring and careful measuring. This airbag stuff is very interesting. I'm surprised how little travel there is. Front wheel travel will be 2.2 in total and rear wheel travel will be 3 in. I found several sources that said have just a slight bit more travel on the compression side versus the rebound side so I went 60-40 to start with. Keeping my ride height at 5.5 in. In the rear I will be able to let the truck down four inches off the ground. The front is actually 4 and 3/16 clearance so I will end up being at that number for my lowest setting so it stays level. Rear bags were not long enough so today I had to machine up some three quarter inch thick spacers. So now I can finally start working on the trans and engine mounts and then start mocking up a motor to build exhaust.

20230701_085225.jpg

20230701_093155.jpg

20230701_103403.jpg

20230701_120648.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Been dying to get the drivetrain sitting in the truck. Like a five-year-old today having so much fun. Best toy in the world. Rear trans mount is done. I needed a 2.180 height and using a 3/8 piece of plate steel with the energy suspension transmount gave me exactly that number. Still need to check it with the alignment and the rear axles that will go in. The rear trans mount right now will not have any adjustment but I am putting in adjustable motor mounts in case I need to move it forward or backward when the axles go in. Hopefully weld up some motor mounts tomorrow. Running energy suspension with their special rubber on those as well. I did grab a stock late '60s Camaro engine mount which is the normal softer rubber and I can put in the truck if it wants to vibrate with this denser rubber.

20230705_111158.jpg

20230705_122418.jpg

20230705_133406.jpg

20230705_144805.jpg

20230705_150907.jpg

20230705_150912.jpg

20230705_150919.jpg

20230705_150929.jpg

is that one of them Corvette trans/diff setups with a bell-housing on it (where the torque tube goes)?

or is it one of the brand new mid engine deals???

is that one of them Corvette trans/diff setups with a bell-housing on it (where the torque tube goes)?

or is it one of the brand new mid engine deals???
C5 Corvette 4l65 4 speed trans and diff without the torque tube. Late model Camaro bellhousing deletes the torque tube. Both built by RPM in Texas. Trans is their level 6 and diff is a level 4 with posi unit. I told him 600hp. Driveshafts will also need to be custom built for the power. 

Been dreaming about how I want to do the metal work inside the cab with the front inner fenderwells. Came across this and they confirmed some stuff I have had in mind. SBA. I think I would want a cage in that truck.  :flag:

lol, wheelbase on that Ford Econoline is same as my truck at 90 inches. 

No fooling around here. This is all quarter inch plate. Plus I machined my spacers from solid stock so they were nice and thick. Either tomorrow or Monday I will weld it to the frame.

20230708_111852.jpg

20230708_134004.jpg

20230708_135838.jpg

20230708_150725.jpg

20230708_152739.jpg

20230708_152901.jpg

Property I have been working on and listed this weekend. She's a beauty. 1.13 acre lot.   House is 3406 sqft. Porch is 147 sqft. Back patio is 1106 sqft. Garage is 2238 sqft. Total under roof is 6897 sqft.. $1.4m.

Front t view 2.jpeg

Front a long.JPG

Walk deck.JPG

Living or bonus room.jpeg

Family room 2.jpeg

Kitchen 2.jpeg

Kitchen view 7.jpeg

Master bath view 2.jpeg

Back patio t view 2.jpeg

Backyard t view 2.jpeg

Garage.jpeg

Garage 2.jpeg

Right choice on the oil pan for sure. Sits a couple inches below the frame rails but rough measurements looks like at ride height I will have 8 inches of ground clearance to the pan. I was not even thinking about clearance when I made the engine mounts and on one side it is within 1/16 of an inch. LOL. I'll have to trim that a little bit. I'm thinking around here for the turbo. Then I can drain it back into the top of the valley. Ls3 Fly by wire throttle body at the front side will be a little tight and I will need a hose 90 from the intercooler going in. I think the turbo is up high enough if I kick the exhaust up I can still get the fire at night that I want. The Holley computer can be adjusted to add fuel on decel. The guys are telling me don't waste my time with cruise control which I have a bad habit of using in all the other vehicles. I guess it wreaks havoc with the computer and just not worth it.

20230710_101717.jpg

20230710_101721.jpg

20230710_101818.jpg

20230710_112922.jpg

20230710_112932.jpg

I had Jeremy at RPM do the transmission and rear diff on this thing. Just gave him a call and asked if he thought it would be okay for me to add a turning brake to this. He said it is a wave track unit and should not be a problem to lock one wheel up. So I think it needs a turning brake. Never had a street vehicle with one. He said the wave track works like the old true track which I don't know much about either one. But I verified it will just buzz the spider gears and he said yes.

A set of early Corvette valve covers from my dad's stash. So these are important to me and I would like to put them on the motor. I know they sell adapters put old style valve covers on LS motors but these are the staggered bolt pattern. Need to do some digging to see if they make adapters for these.

20230710_145725.jpg

Sorry, wrong ones

& FWIW, those dont look right on there.  I would save them for another project.

Sorry, wrong ones

& FWIW, those dont look right on there.  I would save them for another project.
Well I know for sure I'm going to mount the coils down low and run the plug wires up to each spark plug. So they won't be on each valve cover. So the whole running gear is going to be Corvette. Are you saying just some basic LS valve covers? By the way the motor is going to all be painted black. I might even do a flat black on it.

I think we have a set like these laying around. Paint them black with the rest of the motor. Simple and clean with no coils. Need to think about this one.

s-l1600.jpg

Back