Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

The word I heard Yesterday from someone that seems may know is 300hp in the New Can am. Guess we will see in August for sure

The word I heard Yesterday from someone that seems may know is 300hp in the New Can am. Guess we will see in August for sure
300HP in a showroom ready, available now SXS would be awesome. Their current 4 seaters need that HP in the sand, IMHO that's all that is missing these days in 4 seat SXS's.

300HP in a showroom ready, available now SXS would be awesome. Their current 4 seaters need that HP in the sand, IMHO that's all that is missing these days in 4 seat SXS's.
I agree in my opinion I think 300hp is the magic number in one of these cars

There are pictures of a patent Can Am has for a DCT set up.  

img_7786-jpeg.297780

img_7788-jpeg.297775

A lot of talk about brakes on the Speed thread. I’m curious if CanAm will fix the brake issues on the X3? I’ve seriously been thinking about hard lining everything that I can. I think that might help on mine.  People keep going bigger on tires and it just makes it worse. 

I heard the New Can am is 300hp with Paddle shifters so we will see I guess in August

As long as the automatic function is as smooth as the current CVT, I am all for options. That being said I have no desire to have to shift. 

A lot of talk about brakes on the Speed thread. I’m curious if CanAm will fix the brake issues on the X3? I’ve seriously been thinking about hard lining everything that I can. I think that might help on mine.  People keep going bigger on tires and it just makes it worse. 
Hard lining the brakes does not improve them much.  Can Am brakes work they just have a very mushy feel.   Hopefully they improve the brake feel on the new ride coming.  If it is 300hp they will need some really good brakes. 

Can Am had never had great feeling brakes in any of their sport UTVs.  

That sucks about the hard lining. That was one of the things I was going to do in the off-season.  Oh well I’ve got other stuff I’m doing.  

If it is 300hp paddle shift, shorter 4 seater like Speed. beefed up the frame and suspension and cage then I might just have to get an X3.  BUT they will probably be a$46k unit out the door.  Or just wait 2 or 3 more years for my Speed to be made with the kinks worked out of it. 

Hard lining the brakes does not improve them much.  Can Am brakes work they just have a very mushy feel.   Hopefully they improve the brake feel on the new ride coming.  If it is 300hp they will need some really good brakes. 

Can Am had never had great feeling brakes in any of their sport UTVs.  
If a firmer pedal is what you're after, large master cylinder is the ticket.

If a firmer pedal is what you're after, large master cylinder is the ticket.
The X3 brakes don't bother me.  I am use to them.  I think of them as the early generation anti-lock brakes.  The pedal feel sucks, but you do stop.   

Compared to the Speed UTV the Can Am brakes are stellar. 

Looks good and if 300hp like I heard it will be a beast

@Sand Shark Why aren't you in here comparing the new Can Am to the competition and saying they're all chit in comparison...? :biggrin:
No need as everyone knows Can Am is the best.  The new Can Am has not blown one belt, lost a temp sensor, stickers are not peeling,  brakes work, proper welds, proper bolts, proper geometry, and it has passed carb.  Has not lost a race either.  LOL!!!!

One giant plate of crow is coming for the haters!!!!  LMAO!!!!

No need as everyone knows Can Am is the best.  The new Can Am has not blown one belt, lost a temp sensor, stickers are not peeling,  brakes work, proper welds, proper bolts, proper geometry, and it has passed carb.  Has not lost a race either.  LOL!!!!

One giant plate of crow is coming for the haters!!!!  LMAO!!!!
But…

Tell me about double shear…

Back