Will Can am Have something like the Pro R?

Wait, What do you mean its a PIG in the dunes??  Coming from driving what...a sand car?  Those are 2 totally different driving experiences and from like what Sand Sharks says, the guy in our group loves his when he is not driving his 2022 Funco.  
Nah, my Funco is a whole different animal.  But I also have some very fast SXS's.  The Pro R on the trails is decent.  But I prefer my 420hp Can Am in the dunes.  :ez:

Wait, What do you mean its a PIG in the dunes??  Coming from driving what...a sand car?  Those are 2 totally different driving experiences and from like what Sand Sharks says, the guy in our group loves his when he is not driving his 2022 Funco.  
We had 2 4 seaters in the group and @megadesertdiesel has a 2 seater.   Mega loves his two seater. 

So here is what I been thinking.. Just My opinion here btw. Since Robby is actually "maybe" gonna have a few cars out there with 300hp? What if Can am does 300hp or close too it with a 4cyl turbo and trans with no Belt? I believe that is what Polaris is gonna offer in their new Pro R but we will see Next Monday I guess with Polaris.
Can Am will not be using a 4 cylinder motor.  It will be a 3 cylinder motor that they use in the Sea Doo. They have several above 1000cc motors in the Sea Doo line up.   No reason for them to develop a 4 cylinder when than have very reliable motors that are capable of a lot of hp.   The top level Sea Doo is 300hp with a supercharger.   They also have a 230hp supercharged motor.  Both are 1630cc. 

I do not see them going away from a CVT drive.  

Hopefully what every they are releasing has an all new frame that is beefed up and has better suspension mounting.   The X3 is a great platform and they have been slowly addressing some of the frame issues.  Hopefully they improve on the Smart Shock set up and the top model comes with something like Ride Command.  

Seems like everything I have seen or heard says August there will be an announcement

Reactions: FOG
New Can Am Ex-Ar-Es, EEE, AEIOU, KMG365 I Adam 12 7Mary 3 Turbo Turbo Dual R-Double R!

:bag:

What should be asking ourselves is...

What are other manufactures going come out with to compete with the SPEED car???

I mean...besides actually producing a car available to the public.

:lmao:

What should be asking ourselves is...

What are other manufactures going come out with to compete with the SPEED car???

I mean...besides actually producing a car available to the public.

:lmao:
Can Am new SPEEDIER Car!

:bag:

My opinion the New Can am will have similar wheelbase and seating to the Speed car. Just My two cents. Because I own a Can am X3 and Myself as many that have driven one the being able to see in the Dunes especially is Horrible

My opinion the New Can am will have similar wheelbase and seating to the Speed car. Just My two cents. Because I own a Can am X3 and Myself as many that have driven one the being able to see in the Dunes especially is Horrible
Crap wait till we go rock crawling. You can’t see crap going over stuff. 

The way I see it is in two ways.. Either in August Can am will have something so new and different it will be exciting too see and that is why we are a few months away and still no spy sightings its a well kept secret.

OR Can am is gonna do like Chevy did on their trucks between 73-87 and basically make the small thing again with little changes.

Newer stereo system that plays the sound of a V8. As you drive it makes shifting sounds from throttle positions.  

Nah, my Funco is a whole different animal.  But I also have some very fast SXS's.  The Pro R on the trails is decent.  But I prefer my 420hp Can Am in the dunes.  :ez:
That isn’t exactly the same now is it?! Maybe if you put the 600hp Larue tune on your pro r you would like to dune it more?

That isn’t exactly the same now is it?! Maybe if you put the 600hp Larue tune on your pro r you would like to dune it more?
Nah, still a pig.  That would be like taking an NHRA pro stock to LeMans.  Sure, it would haul a$$ down the straights, but loose everything it gained in the corners. :ez:

Nah, still a pig.  That would be like taking an NHRA pro stock to LeMans.  Sure, it would haul a$$ down the straights, but loose everything it gained in the corners. :ez:
I guess that makes sense. My heavier v8 sand car was fun to dune but I had more fun in my Alumicraft Subaru car that was quicker and weighed quite a bit less.

I guess that makes sense. My heavier v8 sand car was fun to dune but I had more fun in my Alumicraft Subaru car that was quicker and weighed quite a bit less.
My buddy and I were talking about the fun in driving SXS, V8 cars, or Subaru.  We both agreed that for the fun factor a light Subaru was a thrill cause you are banging through the gears..  Unlike SXS just gas and go or the V8 you are just in 2nd or 3rd gear most of the time.  

Now for CanAM  I think they will release new colors and bump of HP but keep configuration.  Since release it has already taken over the dunes so why change anything and just fix the issues.  Then again when does a company ever listen to customers. 

Back