What Are You Listening To

11 minutes ago, MWB said:

A buddy and mine knew who Steve Via was before he joined up with Alcatraz, So when Alcatraz was booked into this new bar in Phx. We went to see them.  Every guitar player in town was in attendance, except for one Steve Via, He had just left the band to join up with DLR.  Yet nobody knew that.

That night at this new bar my buddy while sitting in the restaurant portion of the club decided to light up a little something he had rolled at home. That got passed around the table and nobody seemed to mind.  So about 20 minutes later he pulls out round two. About 10 seconds later we were standing outside :lol:  and the band was just starting and we had just walked past these two girls we knew ( Remember the two girls in the Cinderella video's ?  They were like our version). So we look at each other and say, screw them they can't kick us out. So we switch jackets, So I am wearing his red leather jacket and he is wearing my black one, We already had a stamp to get back in.  So back in we go. About the time we get a beer in our hand the bouncer that thru us out walks up and say's I don't think so. :lol:     We try the old , it was out twin brothers who you must of thrown out routine and it's not working as we pass the owner and he ask's where we are going. That was the end of our exit, and it was back to the show and the two girls. 

Don't remember much of the concert but I will never the night. That bouncer gave us Crap every time he saw us, we were entertaining to say the least.

Do you mean Steve Vai?

2 hours ago, aceisback said:

I believe Rare Earth was the  first  white act signed to Motown.  My brother and I picked up a 7" of "Hey, Big Brother" back when we were kids.  We wore it out . . .

When I went to high school in San Diego our school band had a bagpipe section. Me and a few buddy's knew a few of them and they were rockers.  So our plan for the annual senior talent show was to play this song and have the 3 bag pipe guys we knew come out from the back of the gym for this .

They cancelled the talent show the year we had learned the song and found all the pieces to the puzzle.  It would of been epic

A lot of Sublime with Rome and also Dirty Heads right now.

Back