Transporting your SxS to the Trailhead?

At a standstill. 
Waiting for my welder to get some free time. 

Don Pascales built something like this but better for on the road.  He had it for sale before the crash. He didn't come back after the reboot, maybe someone has his contact info and if he still has it or if he has some pictures. 
It was a super nice one and very compact but I sold it. DON~~~

Not plans just the build. The plans were in my head. We use to spend the summer in Utah and some of the trails were a long way to ride. I was street legal and most of the time we just drove the Arctic cat. The trailer worked great. DON~~~

Arctic cat trailer wheel.JPG

DSC00976.JPG

DSC00979.JPG

DSC00978.JPG

DSC00980.JPG

DSC00990.JPG

Reactions: FOG
It’s been a while since I’ve worked on this project, but I have been making some slow progress. 
Mounted the main over-cab piece that will stay on the truck full time. There will be additional supports that go to the truck bed, but I wanted to check for clearance before welding them. So I hooked up the 5th wheel at various turning angles to make sure it was good. 
Now I can get the supports and other parts sized for final welding. 

E4E4ADD0-F880-48AF-A9FC-8FFFBE3A026F.jpeg

B5BBF1EB-D318-4517-8462-BCFA9EF9540D.jpeg

8AAD7BF0-A482-42D6-BE86-6327746A9DDB.jpeg

why not attach a tow bar to the front of the utv ridgid that can be jacked up to lift the front off the ground while on the hitch. probably have to strap the front shocks and the remove the belt and put it in gear and tow it like a trailer. with in gear all the gears are turning so there shouldn't be a problem with the trans getting lubricated

why not attach a tow bar to the front of the utv ridgid that can be jacked up to lift the front off the ground while on the hitch. probably have to strap the front shocks and the remove the belt and put it in gear and tow it like a trailer. with in gear all the gears are turning so there shouldn't be a problem with the trans getting lubricated
To the best of my knowledge, towing a vehicle with any of it’s wheels touching the ground requires that vehicle to be street legal. In California and a number of other states you can not have a street legal SxS. 
Mine is street legal in Arizona but is not street legal in CA and number of other states. 

I got one for you guys, 

Make the Rear door removable, have small wheels already attached, and a place to put in a removable receiver hitch, 

not you have a trailer, 

or you could make a trailer mount to the rear door so it sits upright 

if you used torsion style axle, the trailer would be very close to flat, 

To the best of my knowledge, towing a vehicle with any of it’s wheels touching the ground requires that vehicle to be street legal. In California and a number of other states you can not have a street legal SxS. 
Mine is street legal in Arizona but is not street legal in CA and number of other states. 
 so what about a tow dolly here the towed vehicle falls under the plate on the dolly 

Back