The official Honda Thread

Nope just made a plate and sealed it up.
Only if the intake is in the standard configuration.  For that matter, you could just leave the valve in place. 

If it's flipped, you have to block it in either upper or lower plenum.

Only if the intake is in the standard configuration.  For that matter, you could just leave the valve in place. 

If it's flipped, you have to block it in either upper or lower plenum.
So I did flip the intake and plugged the hole under the intake and put a plate over the port on the head does that mean I can just pull the egr and not build another plate?

So I did flip the intake and plugged the hole under the intake and put a plate over the port on the head does that mean I can just pull the egr and not build another plate?
All you needed to do was plug the intake somewhere.  The additional plate would be for looks.

No issues running with the egr not being plugged in anymore or anything?
Unless you are required to run an egr, its better to remove it.  You never want anything other than fresh air going into your intake.  EGR is better for emissions and that's about all.

Also if you are planning to turbo the engine make sure you vent those to atmosphere and possibly make them slightly larger as this is what vents off pressure in the case.

Last edited by a moderator:
Speaking of plumbing, are most of you guys running thermostats on your Hondas? 

Noticed the PO cut off the thermostat housing and welded in a hose fitting. Its takes a while to warm up, but other than that, not sure if there would be any issues with no T-stat?

Last edited by a moderator:
No thermostat here and does not seem to take an abnormal time to warm up. 

Back