Tatum Blackwidow build

That really sucks.  Hope you get your money back and get the work done by someone else. 

Man that sucks, sorry to hear that.   

You can try Jason at Next Level Motorsports. Hes in Riverside California but he does great work.

Making some more progress, Its the little details. new misalignment spacers, cutting grip length bolts, new skid plates, trans cable brackets. Getting close to having it back on wheels and moving on to the body and interior panels.

View attachment 114812

I don't want to rain on any parades here, but using these brackets with the shifter you have will reverse the cable throw (push forward upshift/pull back downshift).

This is backwards from how most people prefer (pull back upshift/push forward downshift), but it can be personal preference. It won't necessarily hurt anything as long as you know which way you are shifting. 

It also adds drag to the cable having to make the 180º loop at the trans, which is not ideal for shift quality. It's best to bring the cable straight in from the back of the shifter into the front of the trans. 

I'm only mentioning this as many are not aware of this. It looks like you could change this now before painting/powdering the chassis and having to change it later if you don't like it.

I don't want to rain on any parades here, but using these brackets with the shifter you have will reverse the cable throw (push forward upshift/pull back downshift).

This is backwards from how most people prefer (pull back upshift/push forward downshift), but it can be personal preference. It won't necessarily hurt anything as long as you know which way you are shifting. 

It also adds drag to the cable having to make the 180º loop at the trans, which is not ideal for shift quality. It's best to bring the cable straight in from the back of the shifter into the front of the trans. 

I'm only mentioning this as many are not aware of this. It looks like you could change this now before painting/powdering the chassis and having to change it later if you don't like it.
Thank you for the post, I definitley want to pull the shifter down to go from 1-2-3-4-5 and push the shifter up to go from 5-4-3-2-1 

I will clarify to make sure i get it set up right. 

Exact same as this. 

EDIT: we did not end up putting it on, and is set the way Sean Recommends 

Last edited by a moderator:
Well since we aren't doing a new body/interior this season we are moving forward with a few other things.

I have decided to get the Holley Dominator ECU, If anyone is looking for a Holley HP ECU thats only be used twice send me a message, its for Sale.

IMG_0814.JPEG

Doing a battery relocate and switching to a 2 battery system with a shut off switch.
IMG_0823.JPEGIMG_0824.JPEG

Adding some baja LP4's

IMG_0826.jpeg

Went with Tilton pedals (because i think they look cool)

74650558112__90E26639-1793-427D-9978-F2A9F1AB78A8 2.jpeg

74650703697__1CCB37D6-66E4-42A2-81BD-A7006D0346E2 2.jpeg

74650704958__428FD541-E8C8-4BBD-BA9D-6BD960443405 2.jpeg

I have decided to get the Holley Dominator ECU, If anyone is looking for a Holley HP ECU thats only be used twice send me a message, its for Sale.
Curious why you are switching from the HP to the Dominator? My understanding is the only real difference is if you need more then 8 i/o's or multiple O2 sensors. I'm certainly no expert here, just going by what I found when I compared and selected the HP based on engine builder's recommendation.

Curious why you are switching from the HP to the Dominator? My understanding is the only real difference is if you need more then 8 i/o's or multiple O2 sensors. I'm certainly no expert here, just going by what I found when I compared and selected the HP based on engine builder's recommendation.
Holley HP does not support drive by wire. I want to eventually put in no lift shift and when i get the new whipple supercharger ill be running a throttle body thats around 132mm, Running a throttle body over 100mm with a cable is very hard at low speeds.

Holley HP does not support drive by wire. I want to eventually put in no lift shift and when i get the new whipple supercharger ill be running a throttle body thats around 132mm, Running a throttle body over 100mm with a cable is very hard at low speeds.

Wow. 👍🏼👍🏼

Back