Tatum Blackwidow build

Now i am still waiting on that damn Whipple Gen 6 3.8L supercharger to be released. 
Car is looking great!  Any update on the 3.8L Whipple? I hear this has supposedly been coming for quite some time with others waiting on it as well. This is one of the reasons I opted to go with a 4.5 for my new build. I was afraid I would be sitting and waiting for the 3.8. 

Car is looking great!  Any update on the 3.8L Whipple? I hear this has supposedly been coming for quite some time with others waiting on it as well. This is one of the reasons I opted to go with a 4.5 for my new build. I was afraid I would be sitting and waiting for the 3.8. 
Its looking bleak, I called again two days ago, They said it should be any week and they are just waiting on part numbers (this is the same thing they told me 3 months ago). I told them thats what they said 3 months ago and i would like a realistic time frame for their release so i can plan to go another direction if i need to, The guy said he would talk to his sales manager and call me back in an hour, he never called me back. ( i also emailed their customer support a week ago asking the same thing and got no reply). 

Little exhaust and front drive kit update. I am missing the black alternator on the front drive kit, gonna track it down and get it put on. 

IMG_0609.JPEG

74372818852__0248BB17-5379-4F1D-8F21-192D06C41BAC.JPEG

74372819786__DF148DDC-B60E-4CC0-BFF5-E730FDC25B71.JPEG

74372820856__A19E87FE-B0DB-4BD6-9BC0-694535EEF40C.JPEG

74372822021__3925C297-1763-41F3-904D-6DE738C00C90.JPEG

74372825218__6EE0D002-EF77-45ED-82BA-32D0C6658A80.JPEG

74372827706__824EC393-66C6-4006-8F41-6817F14B1AB2.JPEG

:blowkiss:

Last edited by a moderator:
Did you change rear spring rate?

When Kenny owned it and he put that cast iron block in, it bottomed out very easy.  
He never got around to changing springs.

Did you change rear spring rate?

When Kenny owned it and he put that cast iron block in, it bottomed out very easy.  
He never got around to changing springs.
Im going to be doing a shock tune in the desert after everything is built, Will be switching then. 

Great thread!  I really enjoying reading about everything that you’re doing to the car. 

Awesome thread. I remember seeing that car when it was listed and thinking it was already a bad ass car. 

Well I was excited to move the car to the next stage for Exterior body panels, Interior panels, dash, console etc. Loaded it up and dropped it off at the shop. Now for the bad news, I had been talking with a guy since December 2023 who is supposed to be doing the tin work and he is supposed to be renting a space from Racer to do it. I was very stupid and did something I know I should have never done. I had already sent him over $15,000 since we first started talking which also included money for some parts like tires and lights. Well he never showed up last week to meet me at the shop and start the work( I am from Canada and flew in). Allegedly seems like health problems and his truck transmission problems are not allowing him to come in. I spoke to Dale with Racer about trying to have them do the tin work before the season but unfortunately they are quite busy and would not be able to complete the work in time. So at the moment im stuck and out 15k (my fault should have never sent that much money). Also missing one shock thats getting some touch up done on the powder coating.

IMG_3778.jpeg
IMG_3779.jpegIMG_3780.jpegIMG_3781.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
What @JM PRO said......  I hope you get your money back & find a place to finish this up for you. 

Well I was excited to move the car to the next stage for Exterior body panels, Interior panels, dash, console etc. Loaded it up and dropped it off at the shop. Now for the bad news, I had been talking with a guy since December 2023 who is supposed to be doing the tin work and he is supposed to be renting a space from Racer to do it. I was very stupid and did something I know I should have never done. I had already sent him over $15,000 since we first started talking which also included money for some parts like tires and lights. Well he never showed up last week to meet me at the shop and start the work( I am from Canada and flew in). Allegedly seems like health problems and his truck transmission problems are not allowing him to come in. I spoke to Dale with Racer about trying to have them do the tin work before the season but unfortunately they are quite busy and would not be able to complete the work in time. So at the moment im stuck and out 15k (my fault should have never sent that much money). Also missing one shock thats getting some touch up done on the powder coating.

View attachment 117325
View attachment 117326View attachment 117327View attachment 117328
So sorry to hear your news. I am troubled by people who do not honor their word. Seems to be more and more of this and really makes you think about precautions you have to take now to protect yourself. Hope it all works out for the better and you get what you paid for.

Back