Subaru timing belt slipped

I do have program and laptop. Where do I go from here. See pics. 

9BB57D74-5DC6-4C4C-973B-BA297905DFFC.jpeg

6EFFDC21-A2C5-4636-8AE8-79017E9577DB.jpeg

first off that MAP is very poor,  it has never been properly tuned as the rows would not progressively go up like they do and the one cell with "0" should not be zero  this is not what's making it not run but there is so much more drivability in that motor once tuned  thats why your plugs are so black

first off that MAP is very poor,  it has never been properly tuned as the rows would not progressively go up like they do and the one cell with "0" should not be zero  this is not what's making it not run but there is so much more drivability in that motor once tuned  thats why your plugs are so black
That’s not the tune of the car(it’s a sample map in the link program) Not sure how to have the ecu sees the laptop. 

Only some later link 1 Ecu’s can use the serial link. More than likely yours is really old. Show me the sticker with number in the side of the ecu

I just fixed another buggy yesterday that had a link Ecu.  Customer had poor wiring and put in new connectors and rewired the Ecu’s in a box. Said he took tons of pictures. And that it was right. Well it wasn’t. He had crossed 4 wires on one connector and hurt the fuel pump driver.  we got him all fixed for 3.5 hours. That is the worst and hardest problem to fix as this type of problem could “never” happen on its own

That was made on 7-14-2005. It says v5. Version 5 I would think that’s new enough. Regardless it can always be tuned by a handheld tuning module. 
I didn’t make any changes to anything with the start of this problem. Is it more engine related with the different compression numbers?

Other than getting fuel psi  readings  not sure where to go if I can’t get laptop to hook up to it  where can I find a hand held?

is it time for a new (used)ej20 and a updated ecu and rewire  and tune? (I’ve been waiting for this day to come)

I hate to not know why I have this issue and just through things at it. 

this is just a shot in the dark one of the holes for the coils looks like the gasket is blown out did it soak the coil with oil and stop that cylinder from fireing. which could of washed down the cylinder giving you that low compression number

this is just a shot in the dark one of the holes for the coils looks like the gasket is blown out did it soak the coil with oil and stop that cylinder from fireing. which could of washed down the cylinder giving you that low compression number
That appears to just be some rtv(or whatever I used last time I did the valve covers. Since that cylinder is getting so much gas I assume that’s causing the low number. No oil leaking though. I’ve got good spark on all 4 coils. 🤷‍♂️

Last edited by a moderator:
I didn’t make any changes to anything with the start of this problem. Is it more engine related with the different compression numbers?

Other than getting fuel psi  readings  not sure where to go if I can’t get laptop to hook up to it  where can I find a hand held?

is it time for a new (used)ej20 and a updated ecu and rewire  and tune? (I’ve been waiting for this day to come)

I hate to not know why I have this issue and just through things at it. 
Judging from what I found, pic included I should be able to get this to be read by the laptop. But I can’t figure out the port thing. 

548D3708-CBF9-404C-89F9-EF2CA04DAACC.jpeg

CF90CA25-AA41-4047-84D0-FBD2018CACE3.jpeg

I think I’m getting somewhere but this popped up and not sure what to input. 

image.jpg

I didn’t see your compression readings. But if it is way off then all bets are off no motor could run well if you had poor compression

I didn’t see your compression readings. But if it is way off then all bets are off no motor could run well if you had poor compression
I agree, but coming. back from a powerful ride everything ran great, idle was great. That cylinder has had a lot of raw fuel in it from trying so much to get it started. Is it possible that the gas washed down the cylinder so much it has that reading? Should I try squirting a little oil in there to help it and check reading again, could it be a valve(noticed a ticking from that side for a while?) 

If it is the case of the engine. I think I would want to find a local Jdm 2.0 turbo (8-9 psi boost)(using an 091) and a new ecu from you (atomx with  a loom?) wire it up and bring to you to tune? 

I think my engine would not be worth trying to fix…and the ecu seems pretty outdated…

thoughts?

I would think even with 90 psi I should be able to get the engine to run somewhat even with starting fluid for a bit..no?

That all sounds like a good plan but it may be cheaper to at least let me see it for 2-3 hours before spending a lot more money and perhaps your motor might come back and finish the year

That all sounds like a good plan but it may be cheaper to at least let me see it for 2-3 hours before spending a lot more money and perhaps your motor might come back and finish the year
John I sent you an email

Well let us know what you find out with your car.  

Back