SSSSXS Show......This weekend

Spent the whole day there. Show seemed bigger with more vendors outside. If Kicker, Rockford  Fosgste & UTV Stereo never showed up again I’d be so much happier, as would all the other vendors around them. 

If your a buggy guy, the shows a huge disappointment as only Funco & Tatum were there showing off their amazing machines. Clearly the UTV is the future of the recreational sport. 

Bummer to see that Simpson Safety was not there. I’ll find out why tomorrow? No Safeglo whips as expected. Could not find what I wanted and Buggy whip Is charging $275 for a 4ft whip and $345? For their new ultra bright whip! No thanks! 

Clearly the Speed UTV area which is the largest single display in the whole show was packed all day. I mentioned it earlier in this thread and was laughed at. This picture was from around 1:30pm while eating at Baja Blues. 

View attachment 43793
Simpson Safety was sold recently. They asked to cancel the booth but couldn't. Funco parked a car there to fill the spot.

I know they were bought buy Holley back in 2020. Did they get sold again? I have a neighbor who works for them in the seating div. I was going to ask him what was up. I’ll let you know what he says. 
I forgot who told me the story yesterday. Not sure if it was a recent sale or the 2020 sale. Curious to know as well. I run Simpson stuff because it's nice to go into the store in Harbor City, about 45 mins south of me, and walk out with what I need. 

Spent the whole day there. Show seemed bigger with more vendors outside. If Kicker, Rockford  Fosgste & UTV Stereo never showed up again I’d be so much happier, as would all the other vendors around them. 

If your a buggy guy, the shows a huge disappointment as only Funco & Tatum were there showing off their amazing machines. Clearly the UTV is the future of the recreational sport. 

Bummer to see that Simpson Safety was not there. I’ll find out why tomorrow? No Safeglo whips as expected. Could not find what I wanted and Buggy whip Is charging $275 for a 4ft whip and $345? For their new ultra bright whip! No thanks! 

Clearly the Speed UTV area which is the largest single display in the whole show was packed all day. I mentioned it earlier in this thread and was laughed at. This picture was from around 1:30pm while eating at Baja Blues. 

View attachment 43793
my buddy sent simpson an email, took 7 days to reply. he went ahead and ordered seats and hasn't heard a damn thing in 2 weeks now. crazy how they dont seem interested in service now.

I'm trying to figure out how only Slappy took me up on my free beer offer? BTW, that mofo can drink.    :ez:  
200.gif

Was there yesterday and bought some stuff...

Free coozies, some tall skinny ones too for the wife's seltzer drinks. 

2 free shirts

some Tow strap loops for recovery

Door bags from Chupacabra

New sun hat from Dirt design

Folding chair from Dirt Design along with Free hat, pretty cool, seat fits under my seat.

2 whips from 5150 in Blue, I thought it was a good deal till I got home and realized there was no wiring harness with it...I just assumed that came with it.   :kenk:

:simrak:

So I just ordered that.

all in all was fun day.

IMG_20220918_154259323.jpg

Also, so we stopped by the Speed booth to check out the new rides.

I was looking at one of the cars and Robby was standing right next to me I just was checking out the welds and just commented that it looked like art!

He turned to me and said thank you, then he's like, Hey come here and check this out! 

he was showing me stuff on the car...then I looked at his door hinges and I said, wow you really thought of everything.

It is built really well.

Now I'm a nobody and not ordering a car and I thought it was cool that he actually took the time to walk me around and point out some things...He's very proud of his product for sure.

Also, if you saw the Carbon Fiber UTT one (The Truck model)...he told me that was $185K and he's sold 11 of them from the show.

:scared:

Good for him...I really hope it works out.

Before I bought my Can Am, I priced one of the UTT models out and it wasn't too far from what I paid for the X3, but I didn't want to be on a waiting list for who knows how long.

I could not say if they care or not? But if they let go of all the off road division sales staff. That’s probably why it took a week to get a reply, and now no one’s getting back to him. A) No one knows who’s doing what, or who’s responsible for what. B) Because they probably just dumped more workload on a few other people, they are buried and they can’t get to it. These are the unfortunate realities when companies buy & merge. The new company always thinks they can consolidate positions and reduce the employee count. 

Smart investors looking to continue long term success should leave the successful company alone. There’s a reason and formula why they were a success and worth buying. Unfortunately they only look at the short term and how they can increase revenue  and lower overhead. 
eventually we will call and i will go to india lol.

The one thing about the show Saturday was that it was obvious that a LOT of the people....mostly the women....ate GOOD during the covid shutdown.....it was crazy how fat most people were.....I mean I'm not vegan, but I didn't gain more than a few lbs...I've been bouncing around my current weight for years.....most of their guts stuck out further than the bolt ons....maybe Sat night was better, but very disappointing. 

How many have met or interacted with the Polaris, Can Am, Honda, Yamaha, Arctic Cat etc.. CEO? Ever seen them at a show or take questions? 

Raises hand :classic_tongue:

People like to give crap about Robby. Most have never met him. But what you saw is the real deal. That’s just how he is. On Saturday Robby was tossing hats out. He went back to the trailer grabbed another hat and had handed it to young kid. The dad looked to be in shock that Robby did that. 

One year at NASCAR he handed a kid who was wearing a #24 Jeff Gordon hat, and #7 hat and signed it. He told the kid he should be wearing the real Gordon’s hat. 

How many have met or interacted with the Polaris, Can Am, Honda, Yamaha, Arctic Cat etc.. CEO? Ever seen them at a show or take questions? 

I have a great story about a guy meeting Robby I’ll share later. 
Nope, total douche.  He nearly killed our pit crew down in Baja plain and simple just being an arrogant idiot.  That was my first RG experience.

Out in Glamis, they broke down in their UTVs.  He had one of his guys come over and ask if we had tools.  I grabbed my kit and walked over.  He opens and looks..."is this the only crap you have?"  I just Laughed and said I can take my crap and leave if you like.  After they were done, no thanks, not offer of a beer, no chit chat.  Yeah...pretty much f*ck that guy.

Last edited by a moderator:
The one thing about the show Saturday was that it was obvious that a LOT of the people....mostly the women....ate GOOD during the covid shutdown.....it was crazy how fat most people were.....I mean I'm not vegan, but I didn't gain more than a few lbs...I've been bouncing around my current weight for years.....most of their guts stuck out further than the bolt ons....maybe Sat night was better, but very disappointing. 
Next year, open a booth offering the next fad, diet craze for these chub chubs... :lol:

"You're husband/man doesn't need more power!  He needs you to lose weight!  Power to weight can be increased simply by you buying this new product!

:lmao:

Nope, total douche.  He nearly killed our pit crew down in Baja plain and simple just being an arrogant idiot.  That was my first RG experience.

Out in Glamis, they broke down in their UTVs.  He had one of his guys come over and ask if we had tools.  I grabbed my kit and walked over.  He opens and looks..."is this the only crap you have?"  I just Laughed and said I can take my crap and leave if you like.  After they were done, no thanks, not offer of a beer, no chit chat.  Yeah...pretty much f*ck that guy.
That's a bummer!

:cheers:

Also, so we stopped by the Speed booth to check out the new rides.

I was looking at one of the cars and Robby was standing right next to me I just was checking out the welds and just commented that it looked like art!

He turned to me and said thank you, then he's like, Hey come here and check this out! 

he was showing me stuff on the car...then I looked at his door hinges and I said, wow you really thought of everything.

It is built really well.

Now I'm a nobody and not ordering a car and I thought it was cool that he actually took the time to walk me around and point out some things...He's very proud of his product for sure.

Also, if you saw the Carbon Fiber UTT one (The Truck model)...he told me that was $185K and he's sold 11 of them from the show.

:scared:

Good for him...I really hope it works out.

Before I bought my Can Am, I priced one of the UTT models out and it wasn't too far from what I paid for the X3, but I didn't want to be on a waiting list for who knows how long.
Was that carbon fiber UTT one hand built with all billet parts and TIG welded?

Back