SSSS facts

That Racer is pretty wild with the front engine! It didn’t look like a solid rear axle. 

Where any of the sand car MFRs there?.. Funco, Tatum, SCU,.. Racer?

abc
No SCU.   Racer had a bitchen front engine twin turbo car.  Talked to Dale about it for a few minutes.  Carbon fiber drive shaft.   It was really cool.  Yesterday saw some of the horsepower war guys checking it out.   

Funco had some some cool cars and Tatum had the usual stuff.   Buckshot had some cars spread around the show.   

The show overall was good, but smaller than a few years ago.  Lots of high hp sand drag UTVs.   I was impressed some of the dealers had inventory to sell.  Not really discounting the UTVs much.  

Rugged Radios was making a killing.  Their booth was packed Friday night and all day Saturday.  I picked up the new M1 Radio.  

Any LED lights and lighted whips for sXs ?   Asking for a friend @SANDPSYCHO

he loves the accessories for these things.// Billet cup holders and led lights make that guy happy......... 
Nothing is more important on a SxS then some rad LED's. Blow out belts one every run=LED's. Suspension a choppy ruff mess=LED's. Once you get your LED game on point, it's time for a system so you can blast your gangster rap every where you stop and subject others to your greatness. :thumb:

Last edited by a moderator:
A lot of Whips….. A lot of flashing lights……A lot of  stereos…. But the best part was A lot 😉 of lovely women in bluejean short shorts. 
+1 for your optimistic out look and pointing out the positive in a negative situation. 

Free beer at 4WP.  The portable bar got a lot of attention as well.

IMG_20210918_140440188.jpg

IMG_20210918_132717004.jpg

SSSS = Super Stereo Sound Show.

It was the year of obnoxious stereos on ridicules UTV builds. I actually feel sorry for the vendors next to these loud music booths as it’s got be hard to talk to your customers or make a sale when you can’t hear. Lots of Polaris General UTV’s with portal hubs, lifted with mud bogging 40 inch tractor tires.   

Oh yeah no shortages of light up whips if you need one. Could not find Safe Glow, though? 
I was looking for safeglow as well as they told me they were gonna be here this weekend I was really interested in their "new" magnet style and 10x brighter supposedly whips then the HD whips I have from them. I think it's time to move on they never answer the phone.

I was looking for safeglow as well as they told me they were gonna be here this weekend I was really interested in their "new" magnet style and 10x brighter supposedly whips then the HD whips I have from them. I think it's time to move on they never answer the phone.
I think 5150 whips was in Safeglo’s spot. There was a new whip company with magnetic whips and some other big vendor display in the same building as where Safeglo was to be. I was wondering if they changed their name? There was 4 big whip vendors in that same building including Buggy Whip, so maybe they bowed out, not wanting to compete with 4 other vendors within 50ft. 

Since this threads about SSSS facts. By far the biggest crowds all 3 days, all day long was at Robby’s Speed UTV area. 

If you needed a place to get away from the crowds, both Polaris, Can Am’s and the hidden away Kawasaki displays were very quiet! 

Honda got some good attention as they are at the front gate. They had some cool bikes, race trucks & UTV’s to look at. Plus the roller ramp display was actually really cool. Props to Honda for actually having a working display showing how the 4wd works on the Talon. 

Since this threads about SSSS facts. By far the biggest crowds all 3 days, all day long was at Robby’s Speed UTV area. 

If you needed a place to get away from the crowds, both Polaris, Can Am’s and the hidden away Kawasaki displays were very quiet! 

Honda got some good attention as they are at the front gate. They had some cool bikes, race trucks & UTV’s to look at. Plus the roller ramp display was actually really cool. Props to Honda for actually having a working display showing how the 4wd works on the Talon. 
Of course Speed was gonna draw the biggest crowds. Everyone wanted to see what the cars were gonna look like. If we are being honest, everyone I knew that went were going mainly to see the Speed UTV. Still being honest, Speed UTV was the biggest upset. From the horrific welds to the shitty fit and finish. Yes these issues will get worked out but for that to be on display, for everyone to see that has waited so long to see the baddest game changer ever, was a bad showing and some real bad publicity. Yes I am talking chit about Speed but with no fear as I don’t have a deposit down! As for Polaris and Can-am, they had nothing new to show so no need to visit.

The SxS Super Spreader Social Sand Sports Show (SSSSSSSS) was good to have back.  Went Saturday, it was packed.  PCI and Speed were the most crowded booths.  Great to see WIlkey going around and taking pics with anyone that wanted to.  The sad thing, the only thing I bought all day was beer, nothing really got me excited or anything I needed/wanted.  Kind of all the same crap now.  But it was great to hang with my dunning peeps which I only see in the Dunes.

Was a great show and was totally packed! More whip Vendors than I have ever seen. 

Back