Speed UTV

Not so awesome.  Though, I have stupid Jeeps for doing stupid Jeep things.  And man, as much as the new Pro R 4cyl is cool, I think I'd get annoyed AF with that exhaust about 10 minutes into a ride. 

-TJ
Yeah, I hear those bastards in the dunes and it’s irritating just driving by. I can’t imagine droning through the dunes like that. 

Not so awesome.  Though, I have stupid Jeeps for doing stupid Jeep things.  And man, as much as the new Pro R 4cyl is cool, I think I'd get annoyed AF with that exhaust about 10 minutes into a ride. 

-TJ
Yep that’s an aftermarket exhaust. My Pro R is way quieter. Are you prepared for the exhaust tone of your new Speed? I wonder if an aftermarket exhaust would make yours sound better?

3 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

Yes I watched the video also. The car looked to handle pretty good. So far everyone I have read about raves about the car in open desert but says it’s lacking in the dunes. I’m thinking it must have to do with the extra weight of the 4 seater vs the shorter Bandit? Maybe the stock clutching just works that much better since the car doesn’t weigh near as much? I wonder how the Diablo will do since it’s in between? Hurry up and drive your car already so we can get some feedback!

Yes I watched the video also. The car looked to handle pretty good. So far everyone I have read about raves about the car in open desert but says it’s lacking in the dunes. I’m thinking it must have to do with the extra weight of the 4 seater vs the shorter Bandit? Maybe the stock clutching just works that much better since the car doesn’t weigh near as much? I wonder how the Diablo will do since it’s in between? Hurry up and drive your car already so we can get some feedback!
I still haven't even picked it up!  Hopefully the weekend of 16/17 I'll grab it and at least get some dez testing in.

-TJ

10 hours ago, tjZ06 said:

Did you see how much they had to work the steering wheel in that 2nd video.  I know they didn't mention it but that feedback looked crazy.  I was worried for one of the guys as he had his thumbs wrapped around the steering wheel.  Now a good habit if you are working the steering wheel that much.

I have zero interest in anything Polarass. Plus, the Z1 was likely RG's target initially.
I would venture a guess the Speed motor is based of the Z1.   I would just be concerned with getting parts for a Z1 as Suzuki stopped making years ago.  Those Z1 motors were not great at keeping belts on the cars that ran them and those were light weight compared to a Speed. 

Pro R motor has no belt issues, clutching is great, and the amount of reliable hp you can get out of the motor is really good.  Motor is already set up of a heavy car.   A tune, Bikeman Cam, and exhaust will get you 300hp to the crank.    

Back