Speed UTV

I got an email from Karla last night that mine has been ready for pickup, she had two numbers transposed in my phone number and I guess has been trying to reach me.  I guess I'm going to find out pretty soon if it's truly the POS the internet wants it to be...

-TJ

I got an email from Karla last night that mine has been ready for pickup, she had two numbers transposed in my phone number and I guess has been trying to reach me.  I guess I'm going to find out pretty soon if it's truly the POS the internet wants it to be...

-TJ

Good luck, eager to read your reports and opinions :cheers:

-TJ

Anaheim or Havasu?

-TJ

Always look forward to hearing what you have to say, you shoot straight  :thumb:

Good luck, eager to read your reports and opinions :cheers:
Thanks!

Anaheim or Havasu?
Waiting to hear back from Karla, but I believe it's in Anaheim right now.  However, they'll take it to Havasu then deliver within 500mi of there (I'm like 150mi) so I could have it delivered, but I doubt the timing will work out with how much I'm away.  If possible I might try to make some turn-n-burn run this weekend.  BTW, King Buffalo is playing at the Mint 400 this weekend, I just happen to have an extra RV spot...

Always look forward to hearing what you have to say, you shoot straight  :thumb:

I was just going to say the same thing.
Thanks!

-TJ

BTW, King Buffalo is playing at the Mint 400 this weekend, I just happen to have an extra RV spot...

-TJ
Hmmmm... I'm bringing my RV home this Friday from Glamis and I'm off work through Monday.  Maybe Glamis to Vegas is in order.  Call me this evening.

My buddies band is playing at the Mint as well, go see Stillwell

I knew there would be some issues. I bought into that. I bought through a dealer hoping that would be a quick way around issues. I was wrong. 
I took my car to Coyne early Dec to fix the front bulkhead swaybar bolts pulling out. 
I was to get that fixed, the new turbo, ECU, and other things like, ride height and roof bolts. 

2.5 months later I get the car back. 
rust and chit from being in the rain from being left in the yard. I’ll deal with that with wd40 and a brush. 
Took the car out last Sunday with @Punchdrunk Monkey and I could only full throttle for like 10s and then limp mode 10s and then it would full throttle etc. cycle it. 
Reaching out I found a resource where  can take it to havasu. God I hope that works. 
I also lost a toolbox at like 65mph and it held up. That’s a hugh plus for the tool boxes. 
it’s still by far one of the best UTVs I’ve driven so I really hope they get it worked out. 

I knew there would be some issues. I bought into that. I bought through a dealer hoping that would be a quick way around issues. I was wrong. 
I took my car to Coyne early Dec to fix the front bulkhead swaybar bolts pulling out. 
I was to get that fixed, the new turbo, ECU, and other things like, ride height and roof bolts. 

rust and chit from being in the rain from being left in the yard. I’ll deal with that with wd40 and a brush. 
Took the car out last Sunday with @Punchdrunk Monkey and I could only full throttle for like 10s and then limp mode 10s and then it would full throttle etc. cycle it. 
Reaching out I found a resource where  can take it to havasu. God I hope that works. 
I also lost a toolbox at like 65mph and it held up. That’s a hugh plus for the tool boxes. 
it’s still by far one of the best UTVs I’ve driven so I really hope they get it worked out. 

Yes I’m frustrated. 

Dealers are slow not matter what UTV you own.   Just sucks when they have it that long and your first ride out you have the throttle issue.  

Is the throttle issue a tune thing or is your fly by wire pedal acting up?

Doesn't surprise me with Coyne....sad but that is the the reality these days....Can you take it to the Anaheim location? 

Yes I’m frustrated. 
I am truly sorry for what you are going through. I did hope upon hope that the bugs would be fixed by the time you guys got your cars. I know we’ve never met but it would be cool to meet up with you guys sometime out at Plaster for a good smash down!

I never understood why dealers just leave UTVs, etc, outside while being serviced.  No one keeps their chit outside. 

I had this happen with a motorcycle: was gonna sit outside for months while waiting for a part.  I went and picked it up.  Wish dealers would say "we're gonna wait for parts a while, do you want to take it home and bring it back?"  Just seems like it would lead to less anger.

Looks as if SPEED has actually surpased Polaris.... in isuues!

Canned Ham for the win.

abc
Not even close and as far as I know no deaths in any speed car. which is probably more important than a tailgate, falling off or a belt, breaking, etc.

dude, when they finally started trying to race the Polaris and even the Can-Am back in the day, they barely ever made it through the first lap. Even sometimes the first checkpoint in the bigger races were one year into this as far as deliveries go. Everything that has been a bigger issue with Speed has been looked at and tried to be fixed as quick as possible. Yes there are issues with some cars but there are people that have had their cars and never had one issue for well over six months. They will continue to be issues even five years from now and that goes for any brand.

Not even close and as far as I know no deaths in any speed car. which is probably more important than a tailgate, falling off or a belt, breaking, etc.

dude, when they finally started trying to race the Polaris and even the Can-Am back in the day, they barely ever made it through the first lap. Even sometimes the first checkpoint in the bigger races were one year into this as far as deliveries go. Everything that has been a bigger issue with Speed has been looked at and tried to be fixed as quick as possible. Yes there are issues with some cars but there are people that have had their cars and never had one issue for well over six months. They will continue to be issues even five years from now and that goes for any brand.
Agree, and the motivation to fix these issues is apparent.  His engineering team is definitely solid and appear to be a good bunch.

But RG didn't say he was gonna build a car on relative par with the other manufacturers every week for 4 years.  He said those cars were piles and his was King Shiznit.

Guys like NIKAL, LOTD, DTA, etc, bludgeoned anyone who tried to temper those expectations every one of those 4 years.  

I personally despise this type of sales tactic, but if he makes money, he makes money, so I guess it'd be a success.

I never understood why dealers just leave UTVs, etc, outside while being serviced.  No one keeps their chit outside. 

I had this happen with a motorcycle: was gonna sit outside for months while waiting for a part.  I went and picked it up.  Wish dealers would say "we're gonna wait for parts a while, do you want to take it home and bring it back?"  Just seems like it would lead to less anger.
One simple answer: $.  Space inside costs more $ than space outside.  Period.  I've always hated that (anybody that knows me knows how overly anal I am about keeping even my off road toys nice) and it's one of the reasons I generally have never done an extended warranty on a SxS nor really used dealer service.  The Speed is of course different, I got the extended warranty.  However, if it's going to them I will stipulate it's inside, or they do their diag, order parts, and I'll take it back until parts come in.  

Back to the vehicle itself, since mine is "ready" that means it's been Stateside for at least a few weeks.  Before that it was on the ocean for a few weeks... and who knows how long it was built before it made it onto the boat.  Meaning, I doubt I have many/all of the upgrades.  So, fingers crossed and we'll see what breaks first.  I hope I can work it all out in the first few months of owning it, but... only time will tell.

-TJ

One simple answer: $.  Space inside costs more $ than space outside.  Period.  I've always hated that (anybody that knows me knows how overly anal I am about keeping even my off road toys nice) and it's one of the reasons I generally have never done an extended warranty on a SxS nor really used dealer service.  The Speed is of course different, I got the extended warranty.  However, if it's going to them I will stipulate it's inside, or they do their diag, order parts, and I'll take it back until parts come in.  

Back to the vehicle itself, since mine is "ready" that means it's been Stateside for at least a few weeks.  Before that it was on the ocean for a few weeks... and who knows how long it was built before it made it onto the boat.  Meaning, I doubt I have many/all of the upgrades.  So, fingers crossed and we'll see what breaks first.  I hope I can work it all out in the first few months of owning it, but... only time will tell.

-TJ
I think that is the "prep" work, making sure they have all the latest upgraded parts and tunes before delivery. 

Back