Speed Cars

First time getting her in the dirt. 
Brakes are fine but I’m a push hard person based on my previous cars, I can lock up the breaks. I’m gonna make the adjustment on the clevis for when my wife drives so the throw isn’t so far. 
I really need that quick disconnect steering wheel mount with spacer. After an hour or so my arms weren’t liking how far the reach is. 
We only had about an hour today so we put around 35 miles on the car. 
I’m very impressed with the suspension. Getting through some wicked whoops was a cake walk and the faster you go, the better it gets. 
Mostly 2 WD today but did run a bit in 4x4. 
Ran 1st gear for about 10 miles and 2nd gear the rest. No 3rd yet. 
Was about 95 while out today, hottest belt temp I saw was 190ish.
Power - impressive and she gets moving then that turbo kicks in. Butt dyno says it’s got plenty of power.  
Fueling up - it will splash back on ya some so pay attention when at the pump. 

This was about break in and getting to know the car. We are early 50s and the goal was a car we could take to desert, dunes, and San Felipe and feel this car is perfect for what we want.

That sounds a lot better than what I was thinking.  From reading the internet. 

I was looking at a few cars that had some aggressive paddle set ups. I’m curious how a set of SS360’s would work on these cars.  

What's the deal with the bed?  Usable?  Able to relocate the spare or change it's position?

Wonka!

Hopefully they work good because that’s what I’m going to use when I get paddles. 
The SS360s should work fine on the Speed car.  Which ones did you get?   They make the higher hp version.  

You can take the center box out and have the tire fit with the gate closed? Seems weird to run with the gate down.
That’s exactly what I did. I don’t need all the space and didn’t want to run with tailgate down. It also blocks the rear camera. 
you can remove the two side boxes and move the crescent box to one side with the spare and close the gate. 
I’m messing with the different options to see which one I like best. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Congrats Rob, its a great looking car.

The motor sounds very buzzy, like a 2 stroke almost. Is the power band the same? Whippy when that turbo spools up like a mazda type motor or ?

Back