Rockwood's XJ

IT FACKING STARTED!!!  

View attachment 104006

The return line is straight pouring gasoline out, so something is up there (clicked to lock, but doesn’t look “right”). 

Getting clooooooooooose to driving this bitch around. 
Isn't the return line supposed to be shooting fuel back to the tank. Excess fuel that wasn't injected by the regulator? I believe my return line is always pouring fuel in my tank. 

Isn't the return line supposed to be shooting fuel back to the tank. Excess fuel that wasn't injected by the regulator? I believe my return line is always pouring fuel in my tank. 
Yep.  It's plugged into the return system I added...

The quick connect appears to have damaged o-rings or isn't working at all.  Will replace with another and see what's what.

Super rad.  Let me know when you're ready to LS swap my XJ... and my buddy's XJ.  ;) 

-TJ

it's only fuel... what's the worry.........send it. 
Fuel economy could only be described as "abysmal".  LOL.  22 minutes of total runtime per tank might be a bit annoying :biggrin:

Super rad.  Let me know when you're ready to LS swap my XJ... and my buddy's XJ.  ;) 

-TJ
Fuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuuck that.  Never again...

(Ask me in a year)

Fuel economy could only be described as "abysmal".  LOL.  22 minutes of total runtime per tank might be a bit annoying :biggrin:

(Ask me in a year)
When does your article with parts list, lessons-learned, etc. come out?  To be clear, that's an honest question not snarky/sarcasm.  I am selling my XJ (I hope) but I'm pretty confident my buddy with your twinsie will end up LS'in his.  

-TJ

When does your article with parts list, lessons-learned, etc. come out?  To be clear, that's an honest question not snarky/sarcasm.  I am selling my XJ (I hope) but I'm pretty confident my buddy with your twinsie will end up LS'in his.  

-TJ
I'll make a YouTube video on the channel with Mike Kojima once its done and sorted. 

There are current parts lists on the existing articles and I can send him what I bought/used for the rebuild if you want.

-TJ

(Ask me in a year)
J swap mine?

J swap mine?
Absolutely. :biggrin:

To be honest, the LS swap was primarily because Holley sponsored a lot of the buildout.  My $?  Yeah, J35 would be perrrrrrrfect for this build.

More please! Thanks 

Got the fan working.  This is manual override at full boogie.  Jesus, suck the herpes off a lot lizard.

40 minutes ago, Rockwood said:

To be honest, the LS swap was primarily because Holley sponsored a lot of the buildout.  My $?  Yeah, J35 would be perrrrrrrfect for this build.

Don't lie to us, it'd be an SR.

-TJ

Sweet.  It will have a Magnusom MP90, 4L6* adapter kit, and be on a Fueltech FT550.. When are you available to accept delivery?....

Don't lie to us, it'd be an SR.

-TJ
Naw. If Nissan kept making them, sure. Currently, the newest barnacle laden JDM import you could find (and want, since the roller rocker 2000+ units sucked) would be manufactured in 1999…

Sweet.  It will have a Magnusom MP90, 4L6* adapter kit, and be on a Fueltech FT550.. When are you available to accept delivery?....
Tomorrow? Lol. 

You actually gonna do it, or ask you Saturday evening when you’re 12 wobble pops in? :biggrin:

BTW, the motor mounts that come with the Novak kit are FIRM. That being said, it’s so nice to have a modern balanced engine… With the 4.SLO, the entire interior rattled with the solid mounts required to keep the fan out of the radiator. This LM7? Smooooth as silk

Tomorrow? Lol. 

You actually gonna do it, or ask you Saturday evening when you’re 12 wobble pops in? :biggrin:
Both...LOL

The only thing I don't have is the trans...and the mounts would have to be fab'd.

I assume you'd boost the J? 

-TJ
Even without boost, still 50-70hp (in swap trim) and 20lb-ft with a much wider powerband over a new 4L. 

Oh, and probably 150lbs lighter. Lol.

Back