Projects around the shop

On 8/16/2022 at 8:19 PM, onanysunday said:

This interview for me this past weekend was great therapy. On and off camera I got to hear some new stories about my dad. Jerry Miller and Bob Ream in this interview will have their own interviews and I will post them. Also Kenny Fulcher who was in the Corvette when it crashed at the 1972 Winternationals will have his own interview and I will post that.

you grew up in an awesome environment, I can only imagine what all you got to see growing up. amazing interview

I've shipped a car before and used this lady named Kim. She is a broker and will give you a quote and then find someone to do it. Give her a call.

(561)221-5700

Well as of now my A100 deal is on hold with title issues. Likely I won't get this truck which has me bummed. Here is Bob Reams interview from last weekend. 

Later in the vid Bob talks about his son Bobby Jr and his racing. I remember Bobby and I set up a race track in the smaller dunes on our quads. (Buttercup)  I was running so hard trying to stay up with him that on one drop off was slamming the bike each time. We had a lot of fun. 

Well, At least we had the graphic for the back window figured out. Hoping I can still buy this truck. Also it would have (4) T2 turbos to feed the 4.8 or 5.3 motor. Talk about some fun exhaust to build.  :scared:

kurtisratrodA (1).jpg

So I wonder if I tried to get a bonded title and there was a problem. Like stolen, previous owner said he never sold it, any kind of lean: Could I then find another truck and VIN tag? This is the VIN plate on the truck now. Called our off site title and registration people we use and she said there is no way to search the VIN. You have to start the bonded title process and go through it. Maybe I will do a separate thread. I kind of feel it will be a needle in a haystack to find another truck with patina this nice. I have looked at every a100 for sale and has sold in the past 3 years. 

275437275_3169138689994899_2162306193579340088_n.jpg

that is completely ridiculous................

I Love it!!!  LOL

So I wonder if I tried to get a bonded title and there was a problem. Like stolen, previous owner said he never sold it, any kind of lean: Could I then find another truck and VIN tag? This is the VIN plate on the truck now. Called our off site title and registration people we use and she said there is no way to search the VIN. You have to start the bonded title process and go through it. Maybe I will do a separate thread. I kind of feel it will be a needle in a haystack to find another truck with patina this nice. I have looked at every a100 for sale and has sold in the past 3 years. 

View attachment 40559
Can PHX PD run it for theft?

If it comes back clean, I'd buy it.

I did a bonded title on a quad once.  IIRC, it was cheap and relatively easy..  In the end I had to do an AZ serial number because the original VIN was damaged.

Or, have the seller do it.  My old J&J car didn't have a title.  I had the seller get a title with an AZ serial number before I would give him a cent.

9 hours ago, onanysunday said:

Well as of now my A100 deal is on hold with title issues. Likely I won't get this truck which has me bummed. Here is Bob Reams interview from last weekend. 

what are the title issues. I have a title 42 lady i use when i buy vehicles with title issues, missing titles etc. I am sure we can work thru this on my end, being in okla. If needed she can do the title work, put it in my name, and I sign it and send to you, or put it in your name at my address. I'm sure there's a fix, let me know if you need help. She has done probably 7 titles for me, including one i was told you will never get a title for it, and she got it. There is a wait/backlog, but i'll help you any way i can. I also have a storage facility in moore, if needed to store it until the title is fixed.

I am going to go ahead and wire funds on Monday and buy this. My dad made cool little animals out of car parts. For sure one of these will be riding along some day when I build this truck. I know there is one more of these at the shop. So it will be one of the four. Also that cool yellow Oklahoma license plate on the truck will be incorporated into it somewhere.

20220819_175843.jpg

20220819_175924.jpg

20220819_175937.jpg

I could go a whole different direction. We have an 8.1 BB Chevy my dad bought 20 years ago for a hot rod project. He had said it needed to come apart because it sat so long. Approx. 70000 miles on it. Maybe put a scope in the cylinders and see if it can take some marvel oil and run. Dual plane would be better but we have this BB intake laying around. Put on a modern Holley FI system. Should have some old takeoff turbos from late model diesel projects. One or two turbos. Then an old school turbo 400 trans. Front half and back half the frame with disc brakes. Although I think this truck is a unibody. Still put a Ford 9" in it. I have my back Beard seats out of the Funco. Those with some new 5 point harness. Vintage air. Using old junk laying around would make it a true ratty. Just dreamin and havin fun. 

293498255_5473710872685767_1442059476141385792_n.jpg

294426594_8077477648959084_1574836146588616407_n.jpg

294546885_8605992709426816_3246034027635326934_n.jpg

That Dodge A100 pickup is 171" long and 78.6" wide. A C4 Corvette is 178.7 long by 70.8" wide. Wheelbase on the vette is 96" and the truck is 90". Vette frame is steel which is nice. Looks like I can put a frame under that truck and make it work. Just shorten it by 6". Also add some cross bracing like they did on the convertibles.  Stock rear tire size is a 275 but some guys have gone as wide as 305 to 315. Front is normally a 245 wide. Hardest part would be the steering and ride height. http://www.corvettereport.com/corvette-chassis-history-pt-3-the-c4-chassis-that-mclellan-built/ I would be limited on wheels and probably go with these. Powdercoat them black chrome like I did on my C5. Steering is the wild card. Splined section of the rack points backwards at an angle and it would need rotated to point forward. My guess is use the VDog 90 degree coupler and custom fit a different rack of some sort.  Possibly rotate the factory vette rack 180 degrees. Curb weight on the vette is over 3500 lbs and the A100 is 3040 lbs. Thinking I really need to stick with the 4.8 or 5.3 vs a huge motor like the 8.1. Plus fuel mileage would be drastically different. 520 lbs vs over 750 lbs. Thinking when I am all done with the lighter motor the truck would be in the 3300lb range. The vettes started coming with the Dana 44 rear diffs in 86. For sure would want that and not the 36. I have read a couple of guys running 500+ HP and it staying alive. Rear tire size and compound would make a difference there. Of course my right foot has a weight problem.  Might end up sticking with twin turbos. Still make it cool. The other issue is the front seats sitting on top of the front tires. I know in my C5 you are laying down a fair amount. Lots of room to go back with the seat so that may be an option. If the truck is dropped down it would get new raised front fenderwells. Most of these trucks I see that are hot rodded have tiny tires on the front for that reason. Would be awesome to have a 245 tire on a 17 inch wheel in that space. You can see in the pic how much room is behind those seats. Steering shaft would be layed way back compared to stock. If I can move the motor back at least a foot or more then it would get a much smaller doghouse built. More room for a console and storage. Anyone think I am crazy?

corvette-wheels-rims-cray-mako-5-lug-both-silver-std-700.jpg

s-l500.jpg

s-l500 (1).jpg

ka0316-235817_4.jpg

Back