Projects around the shop

This interview for me this past weekend was great therapy. On and off camera I got to hear some new stories about my dad. Jerry Miller and Bob Ream in this interview will have their own interviews and I will post them. Also Kenny Fulcher who was in the Corvette when it crashed at the 1972 Winternationals will have his own interview and I will post that.

Is it sold?
No contact number for the seller. I found it on a Facebook page and posted to see if it could still be available. Going to call Art Morrison today. I have a pretty crazy build in mind. Wheelbase is only 90". I would want to drop the body down on the frame and make it as low as possible. L83 late model direct injected motor with 4 speed auto. Move the motor back and the driveshaft would probably be 18" long. Twin turbos up high so you could see them above the edge of the bed and out the rear view mirror. Race seats and roll cage. 9" rear with 335 minimum rear tires. Hard part would be the front steering and also getting seats to fit above the front tires. We could easily make 600 hp on pump gas. It would be stupid fun. That is the only truck I have seen with the right patina. 

So Morrison has done a Chevy van with similar dimensions. 255/60 15 tires on the front and 325 wide on the rear. 2x4 and 2x6 .180 wall on that chassis. 35 spline axles and a parallel 4 bar setup. Steering is the hard part. He mentioned the Vdog unisteer which looks pretty cool. He is going to look more into that project and let me know. The other issue is can I get the body low enough and still get the seats above the front tires. Guessing the motor could be moved back a little bit but probably not a lot. Maybe 12" to 18"?  It would be cool to have flappers on each exhaust from the turbos. Or maybe run both into a big single. Lightweight little truck with lots of traction and a 90" wheelbase. Sounds fun to me. 

No contact number for the seller. I found it on a Facebook page and posted to see if it could still be available. Going to call Art Morrison today. I have a pretty crazy build in mind. Wheelbase is only 90". I would want to drop the body down on the frame and make it as low as possible. L83 late model direct injected motor with 4 speed auto. Move the motor back and the driveshaft would probably be 18" long. Twin turbos up high so you could see them above the edge of the bed and out the rear view mirror. Race seats and roll cage. 9" rear with 335 minimum rear tires. Hard part would be the front steering and also getting seats to fit above the front tires. We could easily make 600 hp on pump gas. It would be stupid fun. That is the only truck I have seen with the right patina. 
Why not the 6 speed?  My brother's '86 C10 has a 525hp LS3 and a 6l80.  The deeper 1st allow a taller gear, and  with the 2nd OD allows it to get better fuel economy when cruising.

Why not the 6 speed?  My brother's '86 C10 has a 525hp LS3 and a 6l80.  The deeper 1st allow a taller gear, and  with the 2nd OD allows it to get better fuel economy when cruising.
Very good point. For sure I would look into it. Typically the 6 speed can create fitment issues in the tunnel due to the larger diameter. Not in this case. There would be plenty of room. Not sure about the length though. Would want to move the motor back as far as possible and have at least an 18" driveshaft. 

I wonder if they have a performance version of the 6 speed. In the Corvette we put a 4l65 which has the stall converter and shift kit from the factory.

Need to find a shipper get it here from Oklahoma. I guess Uship?

Back