Paddle leaks

This might get it done.  

Now I need to decide if I swap the tires from side to side or not.  

It's pretty amazing how deformed the bead becomes from the beadlock. 

20220706_172010.jpg

20220706_171946.jpg

Well....  I guess the good news is the drivers side does not go flat overnight...  

The back side is leaking too, but WAY less.  Almost nothing compared to the beadlocks.  

Drivers side lost 5 lbs in a week and the pass side 3 lbs.  And made a nice red berrymans red stain on the trailer carpet.  :( 

I guess this is the best I can expect.  

20220716_084448.jpg

20220716_084451.jpg

20220716_084459.jpg

20220716_084443.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
You can also try filling the paddles up to like 25+ psi for storage.  The extra pressure helps seal and seat the bead.  Then just deflate to preferred PSI when you get to the Dunes.

Never heard of this stuff before this thread started - I got this yesterday and put it on the canam beadlocks - taking it to mammoth is a few weeks.  Amazon's version of this does not come with the pump apparently - so I purchased from ebay.  Easy to use with clear instructions on how much to use - one pump = 1 ounce...and a table on the back for how much in total based on tire size...for 40 bucks it should last me a long time.

image.png

I remember those days. Nothing seemed to work, just slowed the leaking if anything. Even built a box to rest the cage in but the car would bounce and kick that loose through while towing.

About the only thing I don’t miss about the SCU.

abc

I took the Berryman’s out of my paddles. I got tired of the red stains and found Stalo starch seals much better. 
I was a stayflo fan, but 2 applications of that leaking out sent me to try something new.  

Feel ya. Had the antifreeze stop leak stuff leak all over my trailer for two seasons.  Guess I got lucky when I switched to staflo. It just worked.

I was a stayflo fan, but 2 applications of that leaking out sent me to try something new.  
I am winning my tire war, but slowly. I am only using Sta-flo. I did the Berymans at a time in the past and really didn't like it. I probable at this point have between 1/2 and 3/4 bottle in one tire.

How much staflo are you using? I put a full bottle in each one of my paddles 
When they were not leaking down every day I had been using 20 Oz/paddle & 12 Oz/front (of starch).  When I broke the wheels down there seemed to be LOTS of starch rolling around inside each of the tires.

How long would it take for your paddles to leak, from what PSI to what PSI??

@ the end of last season, my drivers side was leaking from 15 Lbs down to 10 or so in a day.  the last trip I was adding 6 or 8 Lbs in the morning and 2 or 3 before the afternoon ride. 

Ive not changed the QTY in each paddle because it seems if whatever Im putting in it does not seal the hole then adding more is simply going to make a larger puddle on the floor. 

I put 32 Oz of Berymans in each paddle this time. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Berrymans old formula worked great. The new formula, not so much. I’m going to try some Monster Seal tire sealant and see how that works.

Berrymans old formula worked great. The new formula, not so much. I’m going to try some Monster Seal tire sealant and see how that works.
Ive never heard of this one.  "worlds best Tyre sealant" is a pretty bold claim... 

if this is a designed & made in USA product why does the narrator have an Australian accent?? LOL

Also note tire spelling "tyres" and traffic was on the wrong side of the road.

I switched from Berrymans to Liquitube at the recommendation of Fullerton Sand Tire several years ago.  What I found was that the Liquitube worked well at sealing punctures because the mix contains fibers which do a good job at plugging the hole. What it didn’t do well was seal the pinhole leaks around the bead lock and bead. Supposedly Monster Seal has the ability to do both. The original Berrymans was the consistency of a watered down paste that would fill up small holes and congeal. New stuff just leaks out of the tire around the bead like water. 

I switched from Berrymans to Liquitube at the recommendation of Fullerton Sand Tire several years ago.  What I found was that the Liquitube worked well at sealing punctures because the mix contains fibers which do a good job at plugging the hole. What it didn’t do well was seal the pinhole leaks around the bead lock and bead. Supposedly Monster Seal has the ability to do both. The original Berrymans was the consistency of a watered down paste that would fill up small holes and congeal. New stuff just leaks out of the tire around the bead like water
Kinda like this???  LOL.

Paddle leak, July22.jpg

Back