Outfront Gen 5 conversion/upgrades.....the story continues

Alright, I stand corrected, I had bad info.  I apologize. 

What would be interesting to see would be John taking a well-setup V8 Funco out back-to-back with his car and giving both equal effort. 

-TJ

I'm not certain a full size V8 Funco can beat his lap times. Having been invited and driven the light subi and the heavy V8 Funco I know I was faster in the Subi car.  For me it was the Chevelle vs the Porsche.  Both had the power but the nimble car makes up more time in the challenging areas.  Coming in 2nd to John in the my old Subi Hustler is one im proud of.  The Hustler just plain stuck where the G52 would swing and drift more no matter how much I tried to stop it.

I'm not certain a full size V8 Funco can beat his lap times. Having been invited and driven the light subi and the heavy V8 Funco I know I was faster in the Subi car.  For me it was the Chevelle vs the Porsche.  Both had the power but the nimble car makes up more time in the challenging areas.  Coming in 2nd to John in the my old Subi Hustler is one im proud of.  The Hustler just plain stuck where the G52 would swing and drift more no matter how much I tried to stop it.
"Us people" like drifting, so I hear... :biggrin:

Its power to weight ratio... every single time thru the dunes.......

Looks good -  sounds good - a lot of engineering being exercised there 

John how many different parts does a run like that eat up - from that turning brake getting WORKED - I’d say need pads, brake fluid change, inner wall of paddles destroyed, and ? and? 

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks good -  sounds good - a lot of engineering being exercised there 

John how many different parts does a run like that eat up - need brake pads, brake fluid, inner wall of paddles destroyed, and ? and? 

Thats funny!

Johns showed up and won some of the races missing parts, broken parts, down on power etc.  He's lucky he was allowed to have parts brought out to fix his car before one of these. :lmao:

Thats funny!

Johns showed up and won some of the races missing parts, broken parts, down on power etc.  He's lucky he was allowed to have parts brought out to fix his car before one of these. :lmao:
I bet John a 100$ hoping he would break something as it was my only chance,,,,,I lost

Re: the video......i cant see it either at the shop but can on my phone

broken parts:  One year i blew 2nd gear on my sequential during the race. any of you who have had  a blown gear know you can double shift and pass right through the gear so from 1st gear i can shift twice into third or down shift twice to get back to first.  the problem was i was not expecting it and it took a few seconds to realize what had happened and which gear to avoid (shift pass)

another time i showed up and my right  rear lower air bag perch bolt was broken very badly.  the bag and perch was basically just sitting in the arm.  that was found after the parade lap.  I had some old bolts back at camp.  we went back and with help of everyone was able to pound out the old bolt and inserter a new one with just the help out there.  yes, that required like 10 guys to lift the car up so arm would hang down while i lined up the holes and pounded in a longer than normal 1/2 bolt, aired it up and then raced

another year:  the next morning after the race was the Funco regatta. I have a unique shifter cable set up that i will show pics of later, any ways there was a single 1/4-20 bolt single shear bolt for a "shifter cable reverser" that broke right when i parked my car for the picture.  realizing after the group foto i would be stranded down there and not be "cool" and drive away like the rest of the cars to take a jump--i asked a stranger to take me back to my camp in his razor, in road runner and got a spare bolt, came back and changed it out while no body knew.  if that had happened in the race 20 hours earlier i dont think i could have won.

there have been some close ones.......................... but luckily never have had a motor issue so i like my motor  builder a lot!😀

as Far as bets? my best year i won $1100 from you all, we celebrated back at camp and i took my group out to the town pump in Westmorland and treated for steak dinners

i remember a non funco 3000lb blown ls3 coming is 2nd place a couple years ago....

Re: the video......i cant see it either at the shop but can on my phone
Taken with iPhone most likely. The codex isn't compatible with vanilla Windows Media Player.  Some browsers might load it.

Also: you're an F-ing nutjob sir, and I mean that as a compliment. :biggrin:

Taken with iPhone most likely. The codex isn't compatible with vanilla Windows Media Player.  Some browsers might load it.

Also: you're an F-ing nutjob sir, and I mean that as a compliment. :biggrin:
Thank you, i'll take "nutjob" any time.    any way to embed it so it can be seen by all.  its on Instagram 

Thank you, i'll take "nutjob" any time.    any way to embed it so it can be seen by all.  its on Instagram 
I assume this forum's software will handle the display if you paste the link.  Not an Instagram person though.  Maybe upload to YouTube?

Back