Off season remodel and prep

RAD!!! I love it. What color scheme are you going with? 

RAD!!! I love it. What color scheme are you going with? 
The chassis is going white with white panels black suspension components Maybe bronze wheels and interior will be tan/peanut butter coloring I’m also playing around with a simple decal down the side

Very cool thread and I like all the nice work you're doing.  I bought a used Baja Shop car earlier this month.  Looking forward to seeing your progress.

Very cool thread and I like all the nice work you're doing.  I bought a used Baja Shop car earlier this month.  Looking forward to seeing your progress.
thank you.

thats very cool post some pictures of it. 

I have only ever seen maybe 5 of these cars out there. I save all the cars I come across. The first picture is what mine looked like just after it was built 

IMG_3631.jpegIMG_3641.jpegIMG_3640.jpegIMG_3639.jpegIMG_3642.jpegIMG_3638.jpeg

thank you.

thats very cool post some pictures of it. 

I have only ever seen maybe 5 of these cars out there. I save all the cars I come across. The first picture is what mine looked like just after it was built 

View attachment 96774View attachment 96769View attachment 96770View attachment 96771View attachment 96772View attachment 96773
I bought the one in the garage with the flames.  The Baja Shop may have got a good deal on orange paint!  LoL

I have a thread in Sand Rail Stuff with more pictures from the ad if you're interested.  

I bought the one in the garage with the flames.  The Baja Shop may have got a good deal on orange paint!  LoL

I have a thread in Sand Rail Stuff with more pictures from the ad if you're interested.  
Right on dude I like that car a lot hopefully you got a good deal on it 

Reactions: FOG
How did they remove the power coat from the frame?
I had it all sand blasted the majority of it was rattle caned. So it was a ton of years worth of spray paint with very little original powdercoat. Once I redo some more tabs and mounts for the new transmission I’ll have it re powder coated white like the render I did shown in the original post. 

a little update. i got the new s4 and had a little bit of time to test fit it. she slid right in without any modifications other than the notch in the front 2d "mid mount" i will have to bring the motor mounts up a tad but that was to be expected. the starter has about 1/16th of an inch before it would hit and the front nose of the s4 to the pivot tube cleared without cutting into it. 

IMG_4212.JPEGIMG_4211.JPEGIMG_4209.JPEGIMG_4213.JPEG

progress update.

1. s4 is in. new support mounts made for the new elevation of the motor. 

2. new fuel filler bracket made

3. mounted the new shifter

4. fabbed up new shock tower plates. old ones were too thin and i wasnt happy with the welds. 

5. made a new upper radiator mount the original one functioned well but it could use some style points. 

6. ground out and re welded a decent amount of welds on the car. 

7. added permanent resi mounts instead of hose clamping the resis to the tube.

8. got rid of the original race runner coil overs and got a set of matching fox cos

while looking at all the previous work on the car and checking squareness i found the passenger rear of the car behind the shocks to be almost 2" out of square that is fixed and because of that i have to fab a new rear removable engine cage section. 

image.jpegIMG_4378.JPEGIMG_4377.JPEGIMG_4376.JPEGIMG_4374.JPEGIMG_4372.JPEGIMG_4379.JPEG

Last edited by a moderator:
A little update on the Baja shop. 

got the rear engine cage re built since the old one was out of square pretty bad. I also made a new whip/wing mount and fixed a couple stress cracks. I had custom fix washers made for the rear trailing arm pivots to fix the ovaled out holes as well. 

once the gearbox was located and all mounts adjusted for that I threw the motor back in to make sure there weren’t any clearance issues and everything fit like a dream. I got incredibly lucky with this swap with not having to cut and notch the pivot tube or change much of anything else for that matter

now she’s off to final blast the new work then powder! The real fun begins once she returns.

IMG_0153.jpeg

IMG_0154.jpeg

IMG_0151.JPEG

IMG_0141.JPEG

IMG_0111.JPEG

IMG_0142.JPEG

Last edited by a moderator:
Very nice progress and great work. I’m looking forward to seeing it go back together after paint. 

Very nice progress and great work. I’m looking forward to seeing it go back together after paint. 
that's the part I'm least looking forward too. 

all new brake lines. rewiring some of the lights and misc components. all the damn dzues tabs lol not the most fun stuff but I'm excited to get it all done.

Back