My little girl is off to the Air Force part 2

It’s been an honor to be able to watch this from the beginning, thanks for sharing! 

Congratulations to your Daughter what an awesome accomplishment. Well done Dad and Mom great parents seem to be hard to come by these days.                              Thanks for sharing her amazing journey in life very proud to be able to thank her for serving our country.

Congrats to you all 

That's so cool. What will she be flying?

abc
She has not been assigned it yet, in a couple months they have what's called a "Drop Ceremony" It is a informal event where all the pilots get together have beers and get there planes,. She wants to fly heavy planes with a crew so most likely a C17 

My Daughter had her Drop Ceremony last week. At the beginning of their training they give a list from 1-10 of the planes they would want to fly.  Depending how good you during training  can determine what you will fly.

Marlene's first choice was the C-17  And she got it! 

This Video is the actual moment she found out and really had no idea what it would be.

This day was pretty much the day she has worked for and will determine her career.. She worked so hard for this day. I get a tear every time I watch it.

received_2094483524258850.mp4

IMG_5614.jpg

Attachments

Last edited by a moderator:
That is so bad ass. Congrats Randy on a job well done raising such a talented young lady. 

Very cool!  Congratulations to Marlene and to the both of you.  I would be honored to meet her at the Veteran's Day ceremony.

Congrats to the family, really been awesome to see this from the sidelines... :clap1:

Congrats, super-rad and thank her for her service.  :flageagle:

-TJ

@Stugots

So awesome.  Did she say why heavies?
Thanks guys!

Well because it's easier 😂. Fighter jets are constant training and updating and she is not a fan of high G's . On a heavy there is a crew and she is very sociable.

It will be cool to watch the next journey, she is off to Ok for 5 months to train and fly the C17 then she will be stationed in Charleston SC for a couple years where they will buy another house.

She sends mye extra patches when she's done with them  can't wait to add to the collection 😁 

IMG_20240418_144709088_HDR.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
These were some pics when we went for her graduation.  She was able to get me into the simulator rooms and fly.. I only crash landed 2 out of 3 times :lol:

IMG_20240126_095547046.jpg

IMG_20231215_173246269.jpg

IMG_20231215_172659184_HDR.jpg

IMG_20231215_164859791.jpg

Greatest thing about crashing the simulator...........................Reboot and start again. No injuries. Peace

My Daughter had her Drop Ceremony last week. At the beginning of their training they give a list from 1-10 of the planes they would want to fly.  Depending how good you during training  can determine what you will fly.

Marlene's first choice was the C-17  And she got it! 

This Video is the actual moment she found out and really had no idea what it would be.

This day was pretty much the day she has worked for and will determine her career.. She worked so hard for this day. I get a tear every time I watch it.

received_2094483524258850.mp4 13.13 MB · 0 downloads

View attachment 103284
hell i never met you and that video made me tear up. that's a hell of a job, she is awesome

Back