Lincsters SandTrix F5 Redo

LOL.  Thanks!!!!  I learned from a buddy to add the extra idler and use the HD Tensioner.
I am going to have Alex add some supports from the water pump to the head.

Same buddy that recommended the extra idler broke a water pump at the Tensioner mounts.  Once he added the brackets, no more issues.
You might already know all this, but ...just a suggestion from someone that has done dozens of SC cars  - use dual bearing idlers whenever you can  - you will have a better experience overall - and replace the plastic idler with a dual bearing Aluminum pulley  - I have "melted"  those plastic pulleys on SC cars pretty quickly

Its amazing how much the belt will "whip" when you get on and off the gas  - the tensioner has to be a fast reacting tensioner as well  (which you seem to have)  even with the 2300 resistance  of the SC speeding up and slowly down on the belt is a lot even with the new twisted rotor design .   the 2300 is 2.3L  per revolution vs 1.85L on the MP112 the belt will stretch at least 1/2" in the first 30 minutes  If you can try to after stretch keep the tension sitting at idle at the center of the travel  - thats the best practice most of us use 

By The Way the 2300 is a really nice upgrade  - you will love the low speed performance if its a 5th gen rotor design they make great power

Last edited by a moderator:
You might already know all this, but ...just a suggestion from someone that has done dozens of SC cars  - use dual bearing idlers whenever you can  - you will have a better experience overall - and replace the plastic idler with a dual bearing Aluminum pulley  - I have "melted"  those plastic pulleys on SC cars pretty quickly

Its amazing how much the belt will "whip" when you get on and off the gas  - the tensioner has to be a fast reacting tensioner as well  (which you seem to have)  even with the 2300 resistance  of the SC speeding up and slowly down on the belt is a lot even with the new twisted rotor design .   the 2300 is 2.3L  per revolution vs 1.85L on the MP112 the belt will stretch at least 1/2" in the first 30 minutes  If you can try to after stretch keep the tension sitting at idle at the center of the travel  - thats the best practice most of us use 

By The Way the 2300 is a really nice upgrade  - you will love the low speed performance if its a 5th gen rotor design they make great power
Sent you a message.  Thanks!!!!!

BEAUTIFUL Rail / You are gonna be a happy camper this season ! Looks Brand New !

:poule:

Haven't posted in a while with updates.

Wiring is done, bypass are on, camber/caster are set.

Had an initial dyno run last week.

Car ran strong then developed some weird rich/lean issue.  AFR's were all over the place, couldn't get a torque curve on the laptop then fuel pump died.  So that was that.  :)

Went with the brushless A1000.  Have heard good things about that.

Was at 8lbs of boost with a 2.80 front pulley and 3.0/3.49 rear combination.

I want closer to 10-11 so made some calls and talked to Drew at Grip Tech, he used to work at Magnusson.

Ended up getting a 1:1 ratio on the rear, 3.25 and staying with the 2.80 front for now.  He said that should be good for another 3-3.5lbs of boost.

Took back to Alex yesterday to try and sort out the electrical issue.  Steve Cole is going back to his shop today and plug back into it and check it out.  If everything looks better, will go back on Dyno this afternoon.

Here are some updated pix.

IMG_0424.JPG

IMG_0425.JPG

IMG_0426.JPG

IMG_0427.JPG

IMG_0428.JPG

IMG_0432.JPG

IMG_0431.JPG

IMG_0433.JPG

IMG_0430.JPG

After talking to @Fullthrottleguy he suggested going with the ICT Billet alternator/double bearing alternator mount/idler.  He had the OEM bracket break at the idler and the pulley went flying.  Enough said for me.  :)

Another buddy ran the same blower and ended up snapping the tensioner mounts on the water pump.  I am running the heavy duty tensioner so he suggested to build a bracket that supports the back of the tensioner mounts to the head.

Ended up finding out that LSX Innovations has a kit that already does this, but I was already into the mods, so went this way.

So, that is where everything is at now, hope to have the car dune ready this weekend.  I will report back!!!!

IMG_0429.JPG

Haven't posted in a while with updates.

Wiring is done, bypass are on, camber/caster are set.

Had an initial dyno run last week.

Car ran strong then developed some weird rich/lean issue.  AFR's were all over the place, couldn't get a torque curve on the laptop then fuel pump died.  So that was that.  :)

Went with the brushless A1000.  Have heard good things about that.

Was at 8lbs of boost with a 2.80 front pulley and 3.0/3.49 rear combination.

I want closer to 10-11 so made some calls and talked to Drew at Grip Tech, he used to work at Magnusson.

Ended up getting a 1:1 ratio on the rear, 3.25 and staying with the 2.80 front for now.  He said that should be good for another 3-3.5lbs of boost.

Took back to Alex yesterday to try and sort out the electrical issue.  Steve Cole is going back to his shop today and plug back into it and check it out.  If everything looks better, will go back on Dyno this afternoon.

Here are some updated pix.

View attachment 83746

View attachment 83745

View attachment 83744

View attachment 83743

View attachment 83742

View attachment 83738

View attachment 83739

View attachment 83737

View attachment 83740

After talking to @Fullthrottleguy he suggested going with the ICT Billet alternator/double bearing alternator mount/idler.  He had the OEM bracket break at the idler and the pulley went flying.  Enough said for me.  :)

Another buddy ran the same blower and ended up snapping the tensioner mounts on the water pump.  I am running the heavy duty tensioner so he suggested to build a bracket that supports the back of the tensioner mounts to the head.

Ended up finding out that LSX Innovations has a kit that already does this, but I was already into the mods, so went this way.

So, that is where everything is at now, hope to have the car dune ready this weekend.  I will report back!!!!

View attachment 83741
Looks Awesome  - hope shakedown goes well.  I think you will probably end up swapping the balancer for something that is 10%  - 15% overdrive to keep the boost consistent - Griptec can only do so much with small pulleys  and while I use their service  - they do eat belts 

Alex and Steve got everything straightened out and finished Dyno up last night.

11.5 lbs of boost, plenty of timing, AFR were controlling within 1-2%.  I am very happy with the numbers.

Worked with Drew at Grip Tech and told him my target boost.  

He suggested a 1:1 on the rear of the blower and he nailed it!!!!!

First pulley combo was 8lbs, 3.25 1:1 on the rear and a 2.8 on the front hit 11.5lbs.

IMG_0440.JPG

IMG_0439.MOV

Going to get more graphs from Steve, this is just the 1 I took pix of.

540 ft/lbs of torque.

425 HP at 2400rpm and it keeps climbing, will be awesome coming out of a turn.

100% duning setup!!!!!!!

Attachments

Maybe I am not seeing it correctly but it looks like your rear tire is barely on that dyno roller.

Congrats on the #'s. Car is coming out great.

Maybe I am not seeing it correctly but it looks like your rear tire is barely on that dyno roller.

Congrats on the #'s. Car is coming out great.
Weird angle.  Each tire had half of the tread on the roller.  

It is close for sure.

Thanks!!!!

Car came out great. How many hours would you estimate did it take to reassemble the car after powder?

Car came out great. How many hours would you estimate did it take to reassemble the car after powder?
Thanks!!!!

I did all the work myself, minus wiring. 
I would say about 30-40 hours. 
But I went very slow and was super careful to not scratch anything. I have some OCD issues. Lol

First trip was a success!!!!!!

Car ran perfect.

I LOVE the new supercharger and S4.  Shifts so nice and the extra 100HP is a game changer!!!!!

Still dialing in bypass/suspension.  Got another set of springs for the front I am going to swap and try.

But overall had a great trip!!!!!

FQUX3909.JPG

VYWZ2845.JPG

IMG_0533.JPG

IMG_0530.JPG

LUJD2455.MP4

Attachments

Last trip ended a little rough.  LOL

But, Alex Arvizu already got me new arms made up!!!!  Went from 1.25" arms to 1.5" arms.  Changed shock mounts on lower arm (4130 chrome moly plate) and added plating by uniball cups.

New caliper/rotor on driver side.  Thanks @parker@gearone

New inner wheels halves, I have bolt together wheels.

New bypass shock shaft.

Heading to Idaho next week!!!!

PTIR5654.JPG

IMG_1311.JPG

IMG_1310.JPG

IMG_1308.JPG

Last trip ended a little rough.  LOL

But, Alex Arvizu already got me new arms made up!!!!  Went from 1.25" arms to 1.5" arms.  Changed shock mounts on lower arm (4130 chrome moly plate) and added plating by uniball cups.

New caliper/rotor on driver side.  Thanks @parker@gearone

New inner wheels halves, I have bolt together wheels.

New bypass shock shaft.

Heading to Idaho next week!!!!

View attachment 106510

View attachment 106511

View attachment 106512

View attachment 106513
That's an upgrade!  Alex does great work. Hopefully it still wheelies with all that extra weight up front  :igor:

Back