Lincsters SandTrix F5 Redo

Car looks great! Who does chrome in the valley these days?

E2
Fernando's polishing in Phoenix is who I used.

They do the prep work then take the parts to Metro Plating in Tucson.

I don't think there are any shops left in Maricopa county doing chrome.

It came out great.

The guys said it is all in the prep work and they are right.

This is better looking than the stuff I did directly with Metro a few years ago.

so how is the tank extended,  not sure that is a sound extension.  is it butt welded, overlapped?  having seen cars lit on fire from fuel leaks thats one area of concern as a full tank is very heavy and gets jerked around during your type of driving

i would have opted for a second tank and just connect it to the tank "next door" with a hose top and bottom

Last edited by a moderator:
so how is the tank extended,  not sure that is a sound extension.  is it butt welded, overlapped?  having seen cars lit on fire from fuel leaks thats one area of concern as a full tank is very heavy and gets jerked around during your type of driving

i would have opted for a second tank and just connect it to the tank "next door" with a hose top and bottom
It is overlapped and he added more baffles inside.  

I trust Alex.  I told him to make a new one if he felt necessary and he said it wasn't.

I still have the smallest tank in the group, so those Sand Lemon tanks are even heavier. LOL

I take offense to "your type of driving".  AHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHHA  

Looking good!  Is that the 2650?  I’m excited to here how this combination compares to your previous setup. 

there are 2 heat exchangers (and the radiator), what are they for?  I would assume one is for the trans (the big one on top of the radiator?), and Power steering???
Small cooler on the floor is for engine oil. 
Heat exchanger up high is for supercharger. 
Then the lower radiator is for engine. 

Looking good!  Is that the 2650?  I’m excited to here how this combination compares to your previous setup. 
2300. The 2650 only will work with corvette belt line. I run a F body belt line so the 2300 from Hawks Motorsports are some of the last ones for that belt line. 
I added the heavy duty magnusson tensioner and then an additional idler from LSX innovations to reduce the length of “free” belt. 

Small cooler on the floor is for engine oil. 
Heat exchanger up high is for supercharger. 
Then the lower radiator is for engine. 
Nuts.....  I'm on my phone and saw a ls1 intake on it, and didnt blow it up to see.  Duh....  thanks.  

Car looks great! Who did you use to powder coat the frame?

All dat belt wrap.  Nice.  :thumb:
LOL.  Thanks!!!!  I learned from a buddy to add the extra idler and use the HD Tensioner.
I am going to have Alex add some supports from the water pump to the head.

Same buddy that recommended the extra idler broke a water pump at the Tensioner mounts.  Once he added the brackets, no more issues.

Last edited by a moderator:
Back