Lincsters SandTrix F5 Redo

Went down to see Alex yesterday, had to take more parts he needed.

Couple updates.

He has gotten a ton of little stuff done off my list.

He thinks he will be done in 2 weeks.

Console is mocked up.

My radio is going there, used to be under my back seat, along with shift indicator.

Battery is being moved to this location so that Alex can add onto my gas tank to give me another 7 gallons.

The pump is my larger pump for my heat exchanger.

This area will also mount computer and MSD relays.

Getting closer!!!!!!!  Whoop!!!!!!

IMG_9224.JPG

IMG_9223.JPG

Checked on progress yesterday.  

Only a couple of tubes left to place around tranny.

Tough to see with these angles, but that is 3/16" chrome moly plate that was bent and will tie together pivot tube to the tube coming down from the chassis.

Tight fit, but everything clears.

Spindles are done, couple of tubes left to place around tranny, need to finish intake, install shift cables, need to finish up console.  

Should be done by 4th of July weekend, then I can get it home and tear it down.

IMG_9289.JPG

IMG_9290.JPG

IMG_9295.JPG

IMG_9296.JPG

3/16 4130 is SO freaking tough. strong like bull! Please post more of the cage/pivot once finished. I have three of these to do, super curious how he tied all of this in.

car looks great!

E2

Few more updates.

Not a great pix, but console is done.  Will hold radio and shift indicator.

Fuel tank modified to hold an extra 7 gallons.  I was always first to run out of gas.  LOL

Intake is being mocked up now.  Will be a dual intake like my last one.

Alex had to have an O ring groove machined in to an adapter to get the fly by wire TB to clear the jack shaft drive pulley.  But everything is fitting up!!!!!

Motor and trans are coming out today to finish bracing around front of tranny and to weld everything from the inside.

Making a new rear floor section.  My floor attaches to the bottom of the chassis and is in 2 pieces.  From adding stuff over the years, have lots of holes that aren't needed now, so I told him to make me a new one.

Hope to pick it up next week.

Console.jpg

NVDL1863.JPG

IMG_9312.JPG

Alex will finish up this week.

Just need to finish welding up seat brackets, put motor/trans back in.

Remake my floor for the back section.

Check axle length to verify axles aren't too long.

Just a few things.

But here are some pix of finished trans mount areas, shifter console.

IMG_9350.JPG

IMG_9351.JPG

IMG_9352.JPG

IMG_9353.JPG

What a summer of upgrades!  i love the tranny and front spindle upgrades!  having broke a kingkong spindle from normal driving the 2" was a peace of mind for big jumps and wheelies!

looking good

Back