Lincsters SandTrix F5 Redo

lincster

Reaction score
Decided to do some changes/upgrades/fresh powder etc this summer.

Some of the list.

Go to a S4, install bigger blower, bigger gas tank, Sector 7 mirrors, Holley Dash/Computer, 2" Hollows, rewire entire car, install PCI TRAX system, Switch Pro, MSD Solid State Relays, Bigger CBR heat exchanger, larger pump for supercharger cooling system.

Alex Arvizu in Tucson is doing all of the fab work.  @arvizu_fabrication

I tore the car down and will finish tearing it down after he is done.

All new powder, rewire, retune etc.

All the basic stuff.  LOL

Here are some pix to date.

XZWB6480.JPG

IMG_9115.JPG

IMG_9111.JPG

CDJG8743.JPEG

IMG_9158.JPG

PETO4429.JPG

NRFD2100.JPEG

SUHZ6246.JPEG

I will post up more as progress is being made.

Last edited by a moderator:
Will definitely be following this. Love the work that comes out of Arvizus shop. One day I hope to get in for some updates on my car. 

Nice!  Peace of mind from the upgrades makes for more fun dune runs.

Are you going to use the VW style bell housing or the Chevy?

Do you think that is an upgrade? 
Yes I do.

Ever since I went to more power, I have been going through pinion head bearings.

McMullen says the S4 bearings are much bigger and he doesn't see failures in the S4 like I have experienced.

5 guys in our group have similar or more power then me and are going 3 years on taking their trans out.
I took my Fortin out 3 times this past season.

I'm over it.

When my motor was a stock LS1, I was going 5 years on needing to do anything with it.

Yes I do.

Ever since I went to more power, I have been going through pinion head bearings.

McMullen says the S4 bearings are much bigger and he doesn't see failures in the S4 like I have experienced.

5 guys in our group have similar or more power then me and are going 3 years on taking their trans out.
I took my Fortin out 3 times this past season.

I'm over it.

When my motor was a stock LS1, I was going 5 years on needing to do anything with it.
Interesting 

I to went to more power last year also so far so good. I’ll guess i’ll see how my wide gear holds up. 

Interesting 

I to went to more power last year also so far so good. I’ll guess i’ll see how my wide gear holds up. 
I also put 1500 duning miles on my car in 1 season.

We go alot and we run very hard in my group.

Probably a combination.

Good luck with it!!!!!!

What was the purpose of removing the entire lower cage section from the pivot tube to the mid mount tube? I know the pivot tube needs to be removed for the additional length of the S4. Did Alex just opt to remove the entire tube because the Fortin mounts would have been a bear to remove and keep the area clean?

What was the purpose of removing the entire lower cage section from the pivot tube to the mid mount tube? I know the pivot tube needs to be removed for the additional length of the S4. Did Alex just opt to remove the entire tube because the Fortin mounts would have been a bear to remove and keep the area clean?
My car was originally built specifically around a 2D.  So the lower cage bars were bent in around the 2D.

Had to remove all that to get those bars to clear the S4 and where the shift cables hook up.

Had nothing to do with the Fortin, goes back to the 2D.

Great set of upgrades! Performance, safety, and fun

Alex does really nice work

Keep the pics coming!

Lots of little stuff has gotten done, new motor mounts, grind off old exhaust mounts, new seat brackets, AN bungs welded onto supercharger, heat exchanger pump.....  not worth pix.

Biggest thing is spindles are done.  Crazy beefy, double sheered at the bottom.

New heat exchanger is mounted and tacked in.  This heat exchanger is 5" taller than my old one and has dual 12" Spal Fans with curved blades.  These things will move some serious air.

I'm going back next week to verify seat angle/placement.

I will get more pix then.

IMG_9204.JPG

IMG_9199.JPG

IMG_9198.JPG

Is the bottom one the radiator and the top for the intercooler?

Back