Let's talk Griddles

Its just thicker though. Probably started for some code to have its own cute color. 

White tape is still safe for gas if thats all you have. Maybe wont pass an inspection in some states....that i dont know. 
You can get white in the same thickness.  

Seems like a good deal?? early black Friday deal... what do you griddle experts think?  This would be for my backyard. https://www.tractorsupply.com/tsc/product/blackstone-36-in-4-burner-hard-top-griddle-1866?cm_vc=-10011
First thought was they upgraded the hood to take up less space. 

Now it looks like the hood is not on a pivot? Is it like a weber grill where you hang it off the edge?

This might be a case where they have leftover griddles without a hood. So they include a separate freestanding hood and hope people dont notice. 

what's the best smaller 20"-ish size for my trailer since its just the wife and I most of the time now days?

First thought was they upgraded the hood to take up less space. 

Now it looks like the hood is not on a pivot? Is it like a weber grill where you hang it off the edge?

This might be a case where they have leftover griddles without a hood. So they include a separate freestanding hood and hope people dont notice. 
That’s the “hard cover” version for when it’s not in use vs the usual hood. I looked at a couple, pretty akward.

what's the best smaller 20"-ish size for my trailer since its just the wife and I most of the time now days?
Zero, complaints with the 22" Blackstone.  Well, having upgraded from the 17", it does use more propane!

Do you have a ton of solar and huge battery bank? The electric griddle might be a good choice. 

The 22" Blackstone that Camino has is a good choice. Its versatile and you can place it on a counter. Negative is that you need to lift it. For some people with a bad back that might be impossible. 

I have the 22" with built in legs and 2 wheels. That would be a good choice for home use and if you own a toyhauler. Because you can wheel it up the ramp nice and easy. Takes up more space and you cant stash it inside a storage area.

@wopachop that would be a great option if it gets as hot as fast as propane. I have a solar setup and normally run a lil Honda 2200 to just keep everything topped off. Then I could use it at home too in my outdoor kitchen without needing more floor space or another propane line, thank you for the suggestion.

@wopachop that would be a great option if it gets as hot as fast as propane. I have a solar setup and normally run a lil Honda 2200 to just keep everything topped off. Then I could use it at home too in my outdoor kitchen without needing more floor space or another propane line, thank you for the suggestion.
Scroll back to page 1. 

Sausage has the electric version and likes it. I think someone said its a ceramic surface. 

Maybe he can crank it on high and shoot it with a temperature gun. 

The 22" propane model does get hot fast. I often do quick cooks on mine. Dont let the entire surface absorb a ton of heat. Just turn it on high and sizzle up some food. Turn it off soon as possible. Works great some something simple like a grilled cheese sandwich. 

Tonight i will do a walmart pizza on mine. I set 1 burner to low. Go do stuff for 10-20 minutes. Once i remember i go turn the heat off. Come back in another 10 minutes and its golden. Hit it with a butane torch to crisp up the top and it taste amazing. Something about that dry old school heat. Stuff comes out different than if you put it in an oven. The butane torch is the secret though. Blackstone griddles rock but their downfall is getting heat on the top. The hood only does so much. Its not like an oven where you have heating elements on the bottom and top. 

This BS 22" is made for camp. I like the hinged hood better, for use while cooking, but I am using this model now in the TH because the bag/case is good for stowing in the storage compartment. And you can store other stuff in your compartment on top of the griddle in storage, as the flat lid is sturdier and lower and flat. 

The stand that is available is very bulky, and I use my 22" on a table anyway. And if you can use an adapter hose to connect to the RV propane system it's so easy and cheaper than small propane cylinders.

This deal goes live at 4pm today, and free shipping. Probably be in brick and mortar Walmarts also.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Propane-Griddle-Gift-Bundle-in-Black/527076247

Last edited by a moderator:
I have used the 22" for two years camping, it is perfect.  Just throw it on a table, the stand is too bulky.  I carry a 5 gallon propane bottle that I can use for the griddle and barbeque (I do also have a heater for super cold nights around the fire as well).

This BS 22" is made for camp. I like the hinged hood better, for use while cooking, but I am using this model now in the TH because the bag/case is good for stowing in the storage compartment. And you can store other stuff in your compartment on top of the griddle in storage, as the flat lid is sturdier and lower and flat. 

The stand that is available is very bulky, and I use my 22" on a table anyway. And if you can use an adapter hose to connect to the RV propane system it's so easy and cheaper than small propane cylinders.

This deal goes live at 4pm today, and free shipping. Probably be in brick and mortar Walmarts also.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Propane-Griddle-Gift-Bundle-in-Black/527076247
Sweet deal, that's the ticket for me right there.

:cheers:

A non hinged hood would be a deal breaker for me. Especially inside a toyhauler. Where you gonna set the hood when its all hot and greasy?

Sweet deal though. Thanks for posting to the fella who noticed the deal. 

I would not use this to cook inside a TH or MH, they are made for outside cooking.

If your cooking inside why now just use one of these on the stovetop?

GUEST_9c383a39-8005-41f5-be21-9bad328f20eb

I would not use this to cook inside a TH or MH, they are made for outside cooking.

If your cooking inside why now just use one of these on the stovetop?

That'd be fine inside for pancakes and eggs.  But fajitas, burgers, greasy potatoes, etc...  you don't want that on an inside stovetop.

I agree, griddle cooking belongs outside.

I guess you just lean the hood like in the picture. Depending on the wind could set down foil or a towel or a dedicated hood leanin 2x4. 

Back