Let's talk Griddles

I decided to order the Blackstone 22" Adventure Ready from Walmart. The griddle part can be lifted off the stand and placed on a table if desired and has hookups for both the small propane cylinders as well as the 20lb bottles. Should have it early next week.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Griddle-with-Stand-and-Adapter-Hose/222411088
Make sure you get a cover (fabric) for the desert, dust and sand sticks everywhere, and it needs to be covered when not using.

I decided to order the Blackstone 22" Adventure Ready from Walmart. The griddle part can be lifted off the stand and placed on a table if desired and has hookups for both the small propane cylinders as well as the 20lb bottles. Should have it early next week.

https://www.walmart.com/ip/Blackstone-Adventure-Ready-22-Griddle-with-Stand-and-Adapter-Hose/222411088
And Amazon has the connectors to run a hose directly from your RV quick disconnect as well.

https://www.amazon.com/Improved-Propane-Connect-Blackstone-Adapter/dp/B09D2SXK21/ref=sr_1_3?crid=112DSQE1CSQL5&keywords=blackstone+rv+quick+connect+hose&qid=1666989785&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIzLjY0IiwicXNhIjoiMy42MyIsInFzcCI6IjMuNTAifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=blackstove+rv%2Caps%2C278&sr=8-3

Make sure you get a cover (fabric) for the desert, dust and sand sticks everywhere, and it needs to be covered when not using.
Recommendations for a cover that will fit that unit? I see there are some of the big ones that are meant to go on it when it's all set up on the stand. Thinking one for just the grille itself would work better for when I have it stored in the moho.

Dang. Wish my ol moho had one of those installed. Might be something to look into putting one in maybe...

I have a 22'' Blackstone on my bbq cart for camping, keep it in the enclosed. Brother in law has a 17'' (too small, only 1 burner). I have a 32'' gas grill at home, 1/2 of it has a flat top, the other 1/2 is grill grates. Thought about getting a 36'' on a cart for home. Fried rice, breakfast, everything else that's been said. 

I did make some aluminum sides for wind guards, you can see them in the pic. It helped a lot, I was losing heat when the wind blew.

I still like my BGE with lump charcoal for steaks.

There is another mfg on the market called Loko cookers, worth a look.

If you already have Pit Boss and know their customer service then that's a great reason to stick with them.

View attachment 47484

View attachment 47486
That my old Weber on there? Looks to clean! :)

As for griddles I have a 2 burner Blackstone with the lid and fold up legs (can also sit it on a table). Plenty big enough for us and I have done tacos for 10 with it. I like that it's portable if I need it to be but mostly just use it in the backyard.

5'10 f*cker...don't short change me.   :lol:
Before or after you spent 20 years landing helicopters...?

FabulousMajorIcterinewarbler-size_restricted.gif

That's the one I have. We bought it about 4 years ago though and it was considerably cheaper. I welded up a rolling cart for it to sit in and also holds the big propane tank.

Recommendations for a cover that will fit that unit? I see there are some of the big ones that are meant to go on it when it's all set up on the stand. Thinking one for just the grille itself would work better for when I have it stored in the moho.
See this one on Amazon now, no idea if it will fit, but may consider one myself

https://www.amazon.com/ZBXFCSH-Blackstone-22inch-Tabletop-Griddle/dp/B09FS2D5C2/ref=sr_1_3?crid=2DMUQHNIPTV08&keywords=blackstone+griddle+cover+22+inch+with+hood&qid=1667081426&qu=eyJxc2MiOiI1LjEwIiwicXNhIjoiNC4zNyIsInFzcCI6IjQuMTYifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=blackstone+griddle+cover%2Caps%2C270&sr=8-3

You should buy it and let us know if it works... haha

That my old Weber on there? Looks to clean! :)

As for griddles I have a 2 burner Blackstone with the lid and fold up legs (can also sit it on a table). Plenty big enough for us and I have done tacos for 10 with it. I like that it's portable if I need it to be but mostly just use it in the backyard.
I think thats a different one, but im not 100% sure :lol:  

Dang. Wish my ol moho had one of those installed. Might be something to look into putting one in maybe...
My trailer is a 2005.  It already had a hard propane line, I just needed to add the quick disconnect.  Take a look, that may be all you need to do.  And they make a different tape for the threads that is rated for gas/propane, if it is there and you do it.

My trailer is a 2005.  It already had a hard propane line, I just needed to add the quick disconnect.  Take a look, that may be all you need to do.  And they make a different tape for the threads that is rated for gas/propane, if it is there and you do it.
I'll have to take a closer look and see. The tank is buried under the middle of the moho, mounted length-wise and uses a remote fill for filling. I might be able to snag a feed somewhere that leads to the water heater or something. And yes, I always keep a roll of the yellow thread tape in the tool bin for gas lines.

Nice for my patio.  So is there a spot for the tank in the shelf cabinet?
According to the manual, yes.  I don't have one, I already have a bunch of griddles. But still might get this to replace my OG 36" 14 YO Blackstone, before they came with hoods. Hood is very useful at times. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Hope im not wrong but white teflon tape is just thinner than yellow. If youre out in glamis and can only find white tape dont worry. Just add more wraps. I personally have yellow and use it. So cheap having both is no big deal. 

No propane connectors. That is worthy of a thread. I dont know how 90% of trailers out there dont have propane leaks at the regulator hoses. Its a swivel fitting and prone to leak. 

Hope im not wrong but white teflon tape is just thinner than yellow. If youre out in glamis and can only find white tape dont worry. Just add more wraps. I personally have yellow and use it. So cheap having both is no big deal. 

No propane connectors. That is worthy of a thread. I dont know how 90% of trailers out there dont have propane leaks at the regulator hoses. Its a swivel fitting and prone to leak. 
The yellow is specifically for gas lines, butane, propane, NG, etc..  The colors have a purpose.

https://blog.boshart.com/thread-sealant-tape-where-and-how-to-properly-use-it#:~:text=This PTFE tape is designed,seals threads quickly and easily.

Its just thicker though. Probably started for some code to have its own cute color. 

White tape is still safe for gas if thats all you have. Maybe wont pass an inspection in some states....that i dont know. 

Its kind of funny because most people, myself included, do too many wraps. Youre probably better off using white on gas!!! 

That joke might make sense to some. 

I like the link Kraut posted. Read it though. Understand what its saying. I believe the idea is that you can tell a worker to wrap a certain pipe, with X amount of wraps, using a certain color of PTFE tape. It brings a consistency to the jobsite. Reduces liability maybe for the boss? Who can show that he taught his workers the correct procedure. 

You cant really say...."hey if you only have white tape just wrap it more because its thinner"

But again like said earlier i prefer using yellow on gas. Makes me feel better. I also wrap it twice as much as i should. So thats the joke part. I would be better off using white if im going to over apply each time!! 

Back