Let's talk garages...remodels and such.

You can't tell from the pics, but there is a hint of beige in the flooring, goes great with the butcher block counter tops.

The floor is called Dolphin Gray.

Whole thing looks stupid ! Ill be over to add some KISS Army deacals so the neighbors understand an actual biological male resides in the house.

Over rated peg board that will just be home to a bunch of your man Bun Scrunchies......A clean white "garage Fridge" which will houze your soy milk and frapachino / pumpkin latte spice mix and to top it all off a hanger rack that will hang your mountain bike and new spandex cycling shorts that you will use to run around OC - driving all the other bearded jackazz man bun dipchits nuts because you don't even know how to ride!

My suggestion would be to ask the installers if they could build you a small shed in the backyard that is painted all white  to use as a place to just sit......Reflect AND ....THINK and really medatate and figure out what the EFF you are doing !

AND NO.....I cant tell from the pics that there is a hint of beige in the flooring, goes great with the butcher block counter tops........

Dear God!!! :what are you saying.......It sounds like you went to see Joana Gains remodel a house and in true Hipster fashion are taking it out on this poor Garage!!!!!!! WHERE IS DALE ???????? WHO Kidnapped Him ???????? Call 911 .....Call 911...........wait, this phone has no eleven !!!!! :scared:    OOOHH, an this little ray of hope..... "The floor is called Dolphin Gray "  say that 3X fast with a lisp and man o man you can see where the EFF this country is headed!!!!  YIKES!!!   ........Paging Dbart,......Paging Dbart ........Clean up in aisle 9 !!!!

You may need a trip to the sand OR maybe it might be good to have @Mac slap you upside the head........I just wanna know,.......Where the HELL is @dbart......... 

GEEEEZ, You really hit this one out of the park!!!!

Sinceely,

:poule:

Garage turned out great. Great use of space also. I am glad that in my new house the washer/dryer have their own space out of the garage lol. You have motivated me to start my project so thank you. 

@Poule43 who touched you in bad places when you were a kid?

I know you were dropped on your Brillo pad Gene Simmons wanna be hair helmet smooth brained head, but geez man...take a chill pill! Be careful not to mix it up with your Blue pills.

It's ok buddy, Maybe your tongue got stuck on the window...it was probably cold and Short bussed don't have the best heating!

Ok, in all seriousness...you made me laugh out loud!

Oh and the fridge...It will have new stickers and magnets back on it soon.

When you get back from entertaining people on the corner while trying to bite your ear and lick your elbow...have a :cheers:

Happy Friday all!

:dbart:

We have a similar garage set up as you. I called out and met with one of the garage remodel guys. Offerings were similar if not the same.  Question I have is on the remaining space.  Do you think you can still get 2 cars in this garage and get out of them once parked? This is my struggle and why I haven't moved forward.

We have a similar garage set up as you. I called out and met with one of the garage remodel guys. Offerings were similar if not the same.  Question I have is on the remaining space.  Do you think you can still get 2 cars in this garage and get out of them once parked? This is my struggle and why I haven't moved forward.
I can park my wife's car (Camaro)...we use the right side for a work out area which we are going be putting back together. maybe this weekend. I can fit my Can Am next to her car no problem. 

It all depends on what 2 cars you have. 2 Smart Cars..no problem :lmao:  (If you have 2 of those, I will be personally come down and punch you! :laugh1:   If you pull one to the right real close and back the one in on the left close to those cabinets...that may work!

I don't think I'd like to put 2 camaros in there...the doors are so long but 2 smaller 4 door cars would probably fit.

Nobody on our street even puts their cars in the garage or it is just one and a bunch of boxes and crap around! So I cant say for sure.

If you want, I'll measure side to side from cabinet to cabinet to give you an idea of how much room there is in mine???

Whole thing looks stupid ! Ill be over to add some KISS Army deacals so the neighbors understand an actual biological male resides in the house.

Over rated peg board that will just be home to a bunch of your man Bun Scrunchies......A clean white "garage Fridge" which will houze your soy milk and frapachino / pumpkin latte spice mix and to top it all off a hanger rack that will hang your mountain bike and new spandex cycling shorts that you will use to run around OC - driving all the other bearded jackazz man bun dipchits nuts because you don't even know how to ride!

My suggestion would be to ask the installers if they could build you a small shed in the backyard that is painted all white  to use as a place to just sit......Reflect AND ....THINK and really medatate and figure out what the EFF you are doing !

AND NO.....I cant tell from the pics that there is a hint of beige in the flooring, goes great with the butcher block counter tops........

Dear God!!! :what are you saying.......It sounds like you went to see Joana Gains remodel a house and in true Hipster fashion are taking it out on this poor Garage!!!!!!! WHERE IS DALE ???????? WHO Kidnapped Him ???????? Call 911 .....Call 911...........wait, this phone has no eleven !!!!! :scared:    OOOHH, an this little ray of hope..... "The floor is called Dolphin Gray "  say that 3X fast with a lisp and man o man you can see where the EFF this country is headed!!!!  YIKES!!!   ........Paging Dbart,......Paging Dbart ........Clean up in aisle 9 !!!!

You may need a trip to the sand OR maybe it might be good to have @Mac slap you upside the head........I just wanna know,.......Where the HELL is @dbart......... 

GEEEEZ, You really hit this one out of the park!!!!

Sinceely,

:poule:

Alex Pennywise just did my garage’s. Came out great! I can’t seem to find a photo of the small garage.

View attachment 97122
Thanks Bryan, I know it was a PIA to get my guys there but I hope it was worth the wait. Sorry dbart, I wasn't able to get you any pricing we are just stupid busy. Looks like they did a nice job. Those cabinets look like they are from one of the suppliers we use, Pacific Panel.  

All good Alex. Big Bear is not really in your zip code so I was understanding of that. Definitely worth the wait, came out Bitchin!

All good Alex. Big Bear is not really in your zip code so I was understanding of that. Definitely worth the wait, came out Bitchin!
Happy that worked out for you, Alex 's guys do good work. Unless. It's local and I have time I give out his number.

Dbart looks like they did a nice job on your floor. It's good to go with a established company, the manufacturer's have produced and still do monthly a lot of cheap hacks in this trade.

Last edited by a moderator:
All done. Now I just need to get a new door, paint the trim and put the workout equipment back on the rug. That rug is getting replaced with a gray one though.  

20240228_105403.jpg

20240228_105411.jpg

20240228_105420.jpg

20240228_105431.jpg

20240228_105439.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
@dbart, I like the big hole in the ciceling.  mine is a typical rafters kind of deal & it looks unfinished.  I could have drywalled it in, but it didnt seem like it would have been much different than what it is right now.

Bob

@dbart, I like the big hole in the ciceling.  mine is a typical rafters kind of deal & it looks unfinished.  I could have drywalled it in, but it didnt seem like it would have been much different than what it is right now.

Bob
After we bought the house...we had that same thing. Rafters with plywood.

I had this idea of creating a loft type storage area but didn't want the stupid pull down ladder that you can't carry anything up.

So, I drew this up, 8' off the kitchen wall, 6' off the front of the garage and 4' in on either sides...that would be storage.

Use 2x6 for the initial opening then 2x4's to frame out the floor. This gives a drop lip. 3/4" plywood for the floor and tada...a nice open storage area that is easy to get everything. Added lighting underneath had the whole garage texture coated, but still we had those old cabinets from the inital pics on this thread. The idea was to do this new floor and cabinets someday.

The company that did was recommended from our realtor. When they finished, the said...this is a really good idea that we've never done before!

:lmao:

My neighbor 3 doors down liked it so much he ended up doing something very similar.

MOAR pictures would be appreciated.  I need something to do this summer...........

Back