Let's talk garages...remodels and such.

I installed the Racedeck flooring yesterday with the help of some buddies. I like how it turned out and it does make a slight clacking noise but not annoying at all. One thing I noticed is the floor doesn't feel nearly as cold as bare concrete, it's been cold up here.

IMG_0747.JPGIMG_0749.JPGIMG_0750.JPGIMG_0746.JPG

Is the C8 as close to the door as it looks? :biggrin:
Yep, probably an 1", so about a RCH. It has a front camera and I have a reference point on the floor I use to park close to the door so I have plenty of room in the back to get around and get in the garage fridge easily.

It freaks my buddies out when I park and close the garage door. They all yell the door is going to hit the car, I just chuckle every time. That thing on the wall to the right of the fridge is a radar sensor for the wifes Acura and it's accurate and can get close to the door but a safe inch or two back from it. 

Yep, probably an 1", so about a RCH. It has a front camera and I have a reference point on the floor I use to park close to the door so I have plenty of room in the back to get around and get in the garage fridge easily.

It freaks my buddies out when I park and close the garage door. They all yell the door is going to hit the car, I just chuckle every time. That thing on the wall to the right of the fridge is a radar sensor for the wifes Acura and it's accurate and can get close to the door but a safe inch or two back from it. 
I used to keep my detail cart behind my car. Had to pull it forward a little to get it out…

Forgot to put the car back after putting it away. Luckily, it cleared by about 1/2”. Yeeeeeesh

Tomorrow, Garage Remedy is coming out and Alex is coming by Thursday. Starting the process...getting quotes!

Should be fun.

:lmao:

Luckily I have lighting all sorted out and done when we had the loft built.

Looking for Epoxy flooring, cabinets and slatwall!

I will need to move one electrical/light switch outlet, but hopefully that isn't too big of a deal!   :dunno:

:dbart:

So it begins.

Worked all weekend to get it so they can start in this morning.

Painted the portions of the walls that aren't going to be covered up!

Should all be done Tuesday or Wednesday!

No spoilers from me...gotta wait and see!

:bag:

What it looked like as of Saturday and by Sunday night...

20240210_081640.jpg

20240210_081646.jpg

20240210_081652.jpg

20240210_161740.jpg

20240210_182219.jpg

20240210_182212.jpg

20240210_182225.jpg

20240211_162921.jpg

20240211_162919.jpg

20240211_162917.jpg

Our Audi is about this close when we close the door. What I did was raised the safety beam up so it was in line with the bumper. That way if the car isn't in far enough the door won't close. We have camera and reference points too but like the final no thought security the door isn't going to hit the car when closing.

these garages give me so cal anxiety. my garage is 2300sqft and in the works of building another 4000 sq ft shop out back with a 1100 sq ft upstairs 1 bedroom apartment for guests.
That is AWESOME!!!!

If it is the one thing that I would love to be bigger on our home is the garage. My wife's car fits perfect and that's about it.

We will still have the workout area to the right but at least we will be organized!

@dbart One place you can gain some space is to turn the water heater support into a bin.  Great for shoes/boots/whatever.  

Also: you box?

@dbart One place you can gain some space is to turn the water heater support into a bin.  Great for shoes/boots/whatever.  

Also: you box?
No, my wife trains with her cousin sometimes who's an MMA guy. I should start though, good stress reliever, huh???

:cheers:  

Super stoked on how this is coming out.

Won't be finished today. One of the cabinets, a panel was built too short or the wrong panel was put in with the order.

Also another cabinet was not put on the truck.   :dunno:

No biggy...it will be 95% complete.

Maybe later I'll do one shot of the side that is complete....maybe!

:dbart:

Ok, so there is a cabinet above the fridge that needs to be remade and a portion of the one below the counter on the left side.

Also, there is more slatwall that goes in on the left side where the 2 blank spots are and at the very top above the garage door track.

Love how it is coming out.

My wife was gone when this was done, and didn't want any teaser pics. She was blown away!

20240214_162129.jpg

20240214_160750.jpg

20240214_160808.jpg

20240214_160800.jpg

20240214_160745.jpg

Oh, I had them extend the counter on the right side so I can put a vice. I just need a small one and found one that rotates, swivels and is a clamp type...no drilling into the butcher block.

Next week I will get a new door and paint the trim around both doors...and also paint the door to the side yard too.

Last edited by a moderator:
Looks sharp, as you said paint the doors and trim.......also the white walls (Go a light grey even a grey/blue)

Looks sharp, as you said paint the doors and trim.......also the white walls (Go a light grey even a grey/blue)
I painted the walls white already where there is not going to be slatwall.

Painting a darker color would make it seem smaller!

Looks great! What cabinets did you get?
Those gray ones in the pictures!

Ok seriously, we went with www.garageremedy.com.

They did the flooring too...everything. I would definitely recommend them.

Back