Let's talk garages...remodels and such.

@dbart The epoxy floors are worth every penny.  Make sure and fill the cracks.

Before jumping all into this, look at where you want cabinets and such.  Look at where you want extra outlets or to move existing outlets.  Think big.  You will be glad you did.  Want about extra lighting?  What about a dropdown staircase if you have an attic?  What about moving plumbing/putting in a whole house filter/car wash filter system?

A big rollaway tool box/bench is awesome.  I love mine.

Look at how you will want to use the garage after you put the time and money into it.  The whole functionality of it.  No point in spending the money if you find that you can't use it to its maximum potential.  

Add electrical

i had the sockets moved inside cabinets to charge tools and what not

standard 3 car it does look big in pics though lol

thx
That is a great idea...I may not have to move outlet location, just extend them into the cabinet????

Interesting

:thumb:

I had a custom loft built that has an open 8' x 8' center that we can put all our stuff up in.

The pull down doors suck cause they are too small to carry things up.

Would a unistrut style elevator or one of these lifts that fit in your loft opening be of use? As I age, the powered lift mechanisms look bad ass to me and my back. 

@Fireballsocal that is cool. The way mine is, I just put up a 6' or 8' ladder to grab stuff. Super easy it came our awesome.  I'll take pics when I get home to show. 

Keeping an eye on this one.  Planning on building a shop on the side of the house next year.

Can Lights are nice for smaller garages but if you want to see what your doing, go big and bright.

Andy Garage.jpg

Before you say anything about the center doors instead of the side mounted ones.  They only lift so much before you have to go commercial grade and the door you can't see exceeded that limit.

I finished up my Garage a couple of years ago & thought I had a thread on there, but maybe that was pre-Crash....

in any case, I have a basic 2 car garage that had cabinets in the back & the wall on the house side was finished.  I wanted to brighten it up a bit with some paint, insulate the last 2 open walls & then drywall in those same 2 walls.  I also removed the slats in the overhead & put in some plywood, but painted the bottom sides to reflect the light down into the garage. 

I opted for a bunch of LED lights that have switches on each light so I can turn on or off lights as I want.  I got them from Amazon & they have been pretty robust.  none have gone out in 4 years & they are on a lot. 

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

I built custom garages for years, cabinets/flooring. When Race deck first came out we had numerous issues with the tiles expanding when the sun would hit them. If we didn't cut the tiles short of the walls by 1/2" or so it would actually raise the tiles up off the floor, sometimes even a foot. The other problem we had was with moisture getting trapped under them and mildew growing. There are some tiles that are slotted to allow evaporation. Another complaint I would get is how noisy the tiles are to walk on. Not an issue for everyone but something to think about. 

This. 

Well, the fact that lighting sucks when the door is open. I ended up hanging some LED 4’ jobs just above the windows in the door when it’s opened, and 4 more along its edge just above the track. 
i just couldn't pay that price, so i researched how they did it. basically led strips and an brass contactor i've seen on show cars with a lever that triggers it. pretty simple. but in the long run the cost of parts wasn't much less than their price and it all came in one package ready to go. someday i may pull the trigger lol.

I finished up my Garage a couple of years ago & thought I had a thread on there, but maybe that was pre-Crash....

in any case, I have a basic 2 car garage that had cabinets in the back & the wall on the house side was finished.  I wanted to brighten it up a bit with some paint, insulate the last 2 open walls & then drywall in those same 2 walls.  I also removed the slats in the overhead & put in some plywood, but painted the bottom sides to reflect the light down into the garage. 

I opted for a bunch of LED lights that have switches on each light so I can turn on or off lights as I want.  I got them from Amazon & they have been pretty robust.  none have gone out in 4 years & they are on a lot. 

View attachment 90611

View attachment 90612

View attachment 90613

View attachment 90614

View attachment 90616

View attachment 90622

View attachment 90617

View attachment 90619

View attachment 90621

View attachment 90623

View attachment 90624
love the hose reel!