Let's talk garages...remodels and such.

dbart

Reaction score
So, we have decided the next project would be to do a remodel on the interior of the garage before getting the house painted.

Epoxy floor, new cabinets/counters and maybe slatwall for hanging bikes and odds and ends.

Garage is typical 20x20.

Has anyone here done this or who does this? I think @Stugots does flooring...not sure???

I'd like to get a few quotes...there are some companies in Orange County that I am going to look at!

For those that have gone this route what have you done, do you mind sharing pics things to look at, things to consider and look out for. PM me if you don't mind giving me a range of costs??

Any help or insight would be appreciated.

Thanks,

Dale :dbart:

I just went through the process of figuring out what flooring to do in my garage and ended up choosing Race Deck flooring. I like the look of the floor coatings, but the professionally applied coatings are expensive and the cheap ones don't last. Here is a photo similar to what I am going to do. (My flooring is coming first week in January). I'm doing 2' checker squares, not 1' in this pic. Around 700 sqft for my 3 car garage.

image001.png

One advantage of this flooring is you can replace tiles if they get damaged, and you can tear it down and take it with you if you move.

Here is a thread I started on cabinets: 

before-after-performance-2_1-1024x768.jpg

Do lots of cabinets. When you think you have enough find room for more. 

I just did this I rented a pod, purged cleaning and purged going back in and still have too much chit

Coating guy did outstanding, cabinet guy f*cked me hard

go with can led lights when you think you have enough put 5 more they are cool cheap and look great easy to put in

added a sink best thing we did

im happy

whatever you budget is x2 lol

my Flooring guy is out of oc and was fair price and quality work

let me know if you want his number his chit won’t yellow if it sits in sun 

install side mount garage door openers, for the price it’s worth it to not have the opener hanging down night and day difference and if you have room they can raise the tracks up so when door is up the door is higher I paid 1600 for w side mount lift masters installed

IMG_7305.jpeg

IMG_4905.jpeg

IMG_4908.jpeg

IMG_7534.jpeg

IMG_7535.jpeg

IMG_7533.jpeg

IMG_7536.jpeg

IMG_7633.jpeg

IMG_7635.jpeg

IMG_7645.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome @CHRIS J

Your garage is huge.

Already did the side mount opener and outside key pad.

I really want to do the floor and new cabinets. I will have to have 2 electrical outlets moved possibly 3.

I'm going to layout what I think we want as far as cabinets and workbench, but I'd really like to talk to a company to get their take.

Keep the responses coming...this is so cool to see.

@Stugots did my floors. I'd like to get him out to Prescott but not sure I can afford that!

Subscribed! Got a 3 car im going to paint, flooring, cabinets and tool box.

I really like the side mount openers!!! Not sure I have the room but ill look 'em up and see.

Also talking to a contractor next week about an RV garage

Last edited by a moderator:
Awesome @CHRIS J

Your garage is huge.

Already did the side mount opener and outside key pad.

I really want to do the floor and new cabinets. I will have to have 2 electrical outlets moved possibly 3.

I'm going to layout what I think we want as far as cabinets and workbench, but I'd really like to talk to a company to get their take.

Keep the responses coming...this is so cool to see.
Add electrical

i had the sockets moved inside cabinets to charge tools and what not

standard 3 car it does look big in pics though lol

thx

@Pennywise Maybe we can talk????

:cheers:
Alex is a great guy / He don't wanna talk to you Dipchit !!!!  Head on over to the water colors and paint the floor yourself !!! maybe set up an old kitchen cabinet off the FREE STUFF section of craigslist and call it a day!

:lmao:

Lets see B4 and Afters !!!!!

:poule:

Depending on your garage roof structure you should look at framing a ceiling with a drop down attic ladder and sheeting it for storage. 

Depending on your garage roof structure you should look at framing a ceiling with a drop down attic ladder and sheeting it for storage. 
I had a custom loft built that has an open 8' x 8' center that we can put all our stuff up in.

The pull down doors suck cause they are too small to carry things up.

:thumb:

Alex is a great guy / He don't wanna talk to you Dipchit !!!!  Head on over to the water colors and paint the floor yourself !!! maybe set up an old kitchen cabinet off the FREE STUFF section of craigslist and call it a day!

:lmao:

Lets see B4 and Afters !!!!!

:poule:
Listen up wanna be Richard Simmons fake plastic hair do...try getting your comb unstuck before you come on here blasting everyone with your BS!

You probably have your tongue stuck to the tail pipe of an ATC 70...effing Ra TARD!

LOL

Yeah I'll do before and afters for sure. Just gotta figure out what were doing!

:cheers:

Back