Its Saturday Sept 2nd 2023!! What is everyone up too this LABOR DAY WEEKEND?

My post seems so boring after the previous post, not even worth talking about detailing my truck in the heat, you’re out there actually being a man. Be safe out there @GBR.

Seriously….. whoooooo cares….?  Do you really? If this is how you act when you have a drink then maybe you should stop for another year. 

Got that right @BONES Peace

Spent time with my dad helping him get his Chevelle wagon finished...Then grabbed my old hayabusa buggy from my brother to get it running again and then put it up for sale once done

Reactions: FOG
Corporate life. In order for pay to be covered, I have to go through the checks and balances. 
Are you saying that your work is still REQUIRING you to get a Covid test if you are showing symptoms?? If so, are you REQUIRED to use their Dr. who then sends the results directly to them??

The Dog next door bit me. Peace

@ChEFF well that sucks.... 

She usually kisses my hand but.....the blue healer Marley came around and she ignites the fire. Harley is a Doberman and shes very sweet. Until that biatch Marley shows up. Peace

Daughters 1st cross country race was yesterday in Leadville Colorado. 

She was super nervous but took 3rd in the 7th and 8th grade group. Super impressive for her 1st race and at 10,100' above sea level.  She does trains at over 8000'.

Properly mounted my starlink last night.

Taught the twins how to clean gutters, replace all our smoke detectors, rehang towel bars they have ripped off the walls, install new washing machine water lines.  Took 3x long than it should have but i think they need to know this crap at 13.

Cleaning the exterior windows from a 16' and 24' layer is next. If the boss let's them. 

Beers soon. Working tomorrow. 

Are you saying that your work is still REQUIRING you to get a Covid test if you are showing symptoms?? If so, are you REQUIRED to use their Dr. who then sends the results directly to them??
We have a special "bucket" of time off for covid. In order to qualify for it, I need to show proof of covid. A PCB test was the norm but since my medical insurance, kaiser permanente, accepted my at home test and wrote me an order for self quarantine, my company accepted it. I am not required to use their Dr. I am using subsequent testing to know how long to self quarantine. I don't have all symptoms any more however I don't want to pass the virus along to anyone else if I can help it. 

Some pictures from our walk yesterday and some from lajolla shores. We were hoping to see the bio illuminescence but it evaded us again...  maybe tonight.   Going to the Coronado concert at the park.  Last one for the season.  Then maybe down to the beach to see if we get lucky.  

20230902_104418.jpg

20230902_101742.jpg

20230902_094718.jpg

20230902_092927.jpg

20230902_092921.jpg

20230901_195020.jpg

20230901_195006.jpg

20230901_194853.jpg

Last edited by a moderator:
Last Coronado concert of the year.  Every year they have a surprise bad (six string for the last few years).  Every year they have had surprise guests.  One year a dude from rascal flats, last year some sude from Chicago, this year the lead singer ger from Boston.  This dude is f'ing KILLING IT!!!!  

We went to sunrise highway. To a trail called sunrise trailhead.  There are a couple of little lakes out there Los rasalese and big laguna lake.  It was super nice.  70*, nice breeze.  Some shade from the trees.  Very enjoyable walk.  

Came home to sprinkles and we grass.  

View attachment 79374
Is that accurate? Walking 5 miles only burns 600 calories? I probably drink 2-3k calories a day in just adult beverages and maybe walk a total of 5 miles a week. These are just guesses and estimates but I might be in trouble if my bad habits ever catch up to me.

Yea that part has not ever been right.  

Is that accurate? Walking 5 miles only burns 600 calories? I probably drink 2-3k calories a day in just adult beverages and maybe walk a total of 5 miles a week. These are just guesses and estimates but I might be in trouble if my bad habits ever catch up to me.
This was when we walked around Canada  Over five miles 

IMG_7623.png

This was when we walked around Canada  Over five miles 

View attachment 79514
Is that 5 miles in one day or over the week?  Looks like one day, and it looks like it is pretty close to our walk.  

It just doesn't seem reasonable.   A pb&j is around 300 calories.  One model is 140 calories.   Maybe I'm missing something I'm no diet expert... 

Is that 5 miles in one day or over the week?  Looks like one day, and it looks like it is pretty close to our walk.  

It just doesn't seem reasonable.   A pb&j is around 300 calories.  One model is 140 calories.   Maybe I'm missing something I'm no diet expert... 
just one day.  I don’t carry my phone all the time so I have some days that’s only got a couple hundred steps a day. 

So, to burn calories, we need to enter a triathlon? Peace

Back