Helmets in buggies, new law??

Head on accidents in the dunes is almost nonexistent.  Head on accidents in the hard pack happens all of the time, thus the reason I won't ride my motorcycle at Octillo or Dove Springs anymore. If you actually dune, the chances of hitting head on is very unlikely.
Yea, we don’t dune where all the SxS are hanging out to avoid getting lost.  I like to get way out in the dunes and away from sand highway as soon as possible.  I like seeing another group off in the distance and pealing off the other direction. It’s the guys with 99 payments left on his golf cart who thinks he can drive because active suspension and CVT but doesn’t know to see what’s coming before they go flying over a dune that scares me.  I’m usually looking 3-5 dunes ahead of me finding a nice line.  

Yea, we don’t dune where all the SxS are hanging out to avoid getting lost.  I like to get way out in the dunes and away from sand highway as soon as possible.  I like seeing another group off in the distance and pealing off the other direction. It’s the guys with 99 payments left on his golf cart who thinks he can drive because active suspension and CVT but doesn’t know to see what’s coming before they go flying over a dune that scares me.  I’m usually looking 3-5 dunes ahead of me finding a nice line.  
LOL.....It's because you can't keep up w/us and every 3-5 dunes we circle around to wait for you.

Empirical data, as opposed to “common sense”  or a hunch or a feeling.  I’m agree that getting hit in the head with a helmet on is generally safer than without. I have a good friend who should have been paralyzed from the neck down from a hard hit when she wasn’t paying attention as a passenger with a helmet on in a buggy many years ago. It was only heroic medical work that allows her to walk today.  

I’ll take John Lock’s empirical data over common sense gun laws every day of the week and twice on Sunday.  
Sorry about your friend.  Freak accidents happen, but I'd bet the life saved because helmet, or injured because helmet is way in favor of with than without.

Empirical data wise: they don't just make helmets however they feel.  There are certification standards.

https://smf.org/stds

Despite the fact that you're far more likely to crash auto racing or hotlapping, you're LESS likely to die.  The minimum requirement to run a track day? Helmet. 

Keep in mind that belts are meant to stretch 15% (ish) with 2500lbs of force.  For most of us, that's a very minor 10-15g accident (a 30mph crash will produce over 30g).  "But I have plenty of room!"  Your 26"+ belts will put you 4" closer to your cage in this super minor accident.  Are you sure about that? 

Do as you please, but keep in mind that the same people making "common sense gun laws" know nothing about guns or why we have them, so who's making the "common sense gun law" fallacy? 

I have a picture of a dude's fully intact brain sitting on the asphalt from an accident on the freeway a while back if any of you twisted Effers wants to see it. That's all I have to contribute 

I have a picture of a dude's fully intact brain sitting on the asphalt from an accident on the freeway a while back if any of you twisted Effers wants to see it. That's all I have to contribute 
Freeway 1

No helmet 0

Hey hey hey!! You're the one with the picture saved!! LOL no thanks, I'm good. 

Isn’t he the dude that kills everyone because they stole his dog? 😂
Exactly, John "Lock" (sic) Wick who doesn't need a helmet due to the empirical evidence that he can't be killed . . .

Isn’t he the dude that kills everyone because they stole his dog? 😂
I remember that guy. He went on an excellent adventure when he was younger. Must be harboring a lot of anger for his dad not letting him be in a rock band…?

image.gif

Back