Glamis Only Speed Reviews

Speed Key got EPA and CARB approval last week.  He mentioned it in the video when they gave winner of the Bandit at NORRA his keys. 

I think you still need to own the car for 6 months before they hand it over.  They want to make sure the factory warranty is expired so if the motor goes boom or something breaks due to the Speed key it is on the aftermarket warranty or the owner.   
I have the extended/white glove warranty that DOES cover the Speed Key.

I believe they only got the EPA cert for now, so if you're in California, no dice yet.

For everyone else that doesn't need Carb, Speed is working on fine print, and a docusign form for the people who qualify for the Speed Key, which was or still is 6 months and 500 miles on the car.

I don't think they are contacting anyone yet since the paperwork, and probably legalities about warranty are complete.
I'm in NV so I guess I'll be able to get it pretty soon.

-TJ

I believe they only got the EPA cert for now, so if you're in California, no dice yet.

For everyone else that doesn't need Carb, Speed is working on fine print, and a docusign form for the people who qualify for the Speed Key, which was or still is 6 months and 500 miles on the car.

I don't think they are contacting anyone yet since the paperwork, and probably legalities about warranty are complete.
Interesting they only have EPA certification.  I was under the impression from the video they had CARB approval too. 

This is not a Glamis but an Idaho dunes speed review. I just got back from Idaho dunes and I drove the speed for 3 days out of the seven. I drove our Funco the other 4 days. Things I did for the trip. I purchased the speed paddles and wheel set. Those are skats and buffs on RG wheels. I didn’t really have time to try and come up with something else. I really wanted to run small dune sports and 33 baja pro buffs on aluminum wheels but it just never happened. The speed setup is extremely light and knowing what I know now I am glad I went with them. I purchased the new clutch cover fan but didn’t have time to install it so I just pulled the clutch cover off the car. Now for how the car performed. We go to Idaho with the main Funco group and they ride extremely hard. I didn’t have any dune seat time in this car. To say the least I was a little nervous and of course I ended up about 5th in line behind 4 newer Funcos.  Also, I drove in 4 wheel drive and 2nd gear the entire time. Within about 15 min I was comfortable that the car was not going to roll over in the turns at the speed we were doing. I was pleasantly surprised with how planted the car was. With the narrow tall paddles it even slide a bit which was a surprise.  The power was great in Idaho. The car pulled hard up every hill and I stayed in the corner of the car in front of me the entire time. At Devils dune it gained speed all the way up and got to 90mph on the turn and down hill straight. On the way back the ride picked up speed a bunch and the speed performed well. The big power cars started getting into long straights and I basically had to put the pedal to the floor at this point and was worried I was going to break a belt but it never happened. My belt temps were in the 140-150 range with no cover. First ride was a success for the speed and I was actually really happy to have it as a spare car. The next day we gained a couple of additional funco’s so I went back a couple of cars in the group and that slowed my pace down a bunch. By the 3rd day I got asked to lead the rides so the speed got parked and I drove the funco the rest of the trip. Overall feedback is the car has been great to us. We didn’t break one belt or have any issues. The car got driven extremely hard for three days. I got put into limp mode one time on a very fast ride because the car got up to 220 in the big straits behind devils dune. We have the windshield in the car and I don’t think that would have happened if we didn’t. The turbo motor does not loose any power in Idaho. 

This is not a Glamis but an Idaho dunes speed review. I just got back from Idaho dunes and I drove the speed for 3 days out of the seven. I drove our Funco the other 4 days. Things I did for the trip. I purchased the speed paddles and wheel set. Those are skats and buffs on RG wheels. I didn’t really have time to try and come up with something else. I really wanted to run small dune sports and 33 baja pro buffs on aluminum wheels but it just never happened. The speed setup is extremely light and knowing what I know now I am glad I went with them. I purchased the new clutch cover fan but didn’t have time to install it so I just pulled the clutch cover off the car. Now for how the car performed. We go to Idaho with the main Funco group and they ride extremely hard. I didn’t have any dune seat time in this car. To say the least I was a little nervous and of course I ended up about 5th in line behind 4 newer Funcos.  Also, I drove in 4 wheel drive and 2nd gear the entire time. Within about 15 min I was comfortable that the car was not going to roll over in the turns at the speed we were doing. I was pleasantly surprised with how planted the car was. With the narrow tall paddles it even slide a bit which was a surprise.  The power was great in Idaho. The car pulled hard up every hill and I stayed in the corner of the car in front of me the entire time. At Devils dune it gained speed all the way up and got to 90mph on the turn and down hill straight. On the way back the ride picked up speed a bunch and the speed performed well. The big power cars started getting into long straights and I basically had to put the pedal to the floor at this point and was worried I was going to break a belt but it never happened. My belt temps were in the 140-150 range with no cover. First ride was a success for the speed and I was actually really happy to have it as a spare car. The next day we gained a couple of additional funco’s so I went back a couple of cars in the group and that slowed my pace down a bunch. By the 3rd day I got asked to lead the rides so the speed got parked and I drove the funco the rest of the trip. Overall feedback is the car has been great to us. We didn’t break one belt or have any issues. The car got driven extremely hard for three days. I got put into limp mode one time on a very fast ride because the car got up to 220 in the big straits behind devils dune. We have the windshield in the car and I don’t think that would have happened if we didn’t. The turbo motor does not loose any power in Idaho. 
90 mph at the top of  Devils dune, that is very impressive.  Wonder how fast it would be with the speed key at the top of devils dune?  

90 mph at the top of  Devils dune, that is very impressive.  Wonder how fast it would be with the speed key at the top of devils dune?  
Not at the top. I meant when you come around the turn and get on that long straight back to where everyone hangs out. I am not sure my funco could do 90 at the top of devils dune. I just meant it gained speed all the way up. 

Back