GD.com will go offline at some point this week!

Nice to be informed the the site will be down, unlike the last time this happened. There was no warning and it was between Thanksgiving and New Years, on and off for a couple weeks.  That's not when the site crashed and the content was lost.  That happened a couple years later.
Such a ray of sunshine... :lol:

Nice to be informed the the site will be down, unlike the last time this happened. There was no warning and it was between Thanksgiving and New Years, on and off for a couple weeks.  That's not when the site crashed and the content was lost.  That happened a couple years later.
I understand you and the previous administration had some heart burn. If possible I’d like to let the past be the past and move on.  We are keeping the same moderators so I’d rather not continue whatever bad blood is going on.. 

I think we can have a mutually beneficial relationship if ya give it a chance  

RD 

Last edited by a moderator:
So, will my saved favorites link to the "Unread Content" still work after the change or will I have to come back in the front door like the white folk and find a new spot to save as my jumping in spot? 

@MWB got me to thinking.  Ive saved a few PM's over the last few years that I refer to every once in a while. 

@RiverDave, Will PM's go over to the new SW?

@MWB got me to thinking.  Ive saved a few PM's over the last few years that I refer to every once in a while. 

Dave is traveling to LOTO for a boat week event.  His IT guys will have everything saved and I believe this format won't be deleted until things like this are sorted out.  @rivermobster may have more intel at the moment but from what I understand we will have time to work this all out.

So, will my saved favorites link to the "Unread Content" still work after the change or will I have to come back in the front door like the white folk and find a new spot to save as my jumping in spot? 
Those links will probably change, since the site won't be in an "invision" folder anymore. 

But the home page will be at the same location though. And, eventually...

it will probably look something like this...

https://www.riverdavesplace.com

They should. If it's important to you, save it on your own. No sense in taking chances. 👌

Last edited by a moderator:
During the sell  - did they happen to hand over the hard drives from when the site crashed years ago? It was my understanding it was running on a single PC at someone house?  When it crashed several of us offered to help / chip in money / etc. - but the messages went ignored.  It would have been comforting to know that they at least tried to pay a 3rd party company restore the data.  The answers were simply - the data is gone, but no details as to the efforts made to restore it. (If i missed a detailed post on what they tried to do, my bad).

I only recall one post where they stated they had photos - but nothing about the content.

I understand you and the previous administration had some heart burn. If possible I’d like to let the past be the past and move on.  We are keeping the same moderators so I’d rather not continue whatever bad blood is going on.. 

I think we can have a mutually beneficial relationship if ya give it a chance  

RD 
What can be, unburden by what has been.

Lemme say this, just for shits and giggles...

When RDP moved to XenForo, ages ago, I don't recall Anything being lost. 👍🏼

no that probably won’t remember that through the transfer.  

During the sell  - did they happen to hand over the hard drives from when the site crashed years ago? It was my understanding it was running on a single PC at someone house?  When it crashed several of us offered to help / chip in money / etc. - but the messages went ignored.  It would have been comforting to know that they at least tried to pay a 3rd party company restore the data.  The answers were simply - the data is gone, but no details as to the efforts made to restore it. (If i missed a detailed post on what they tried to do, my bad).

I only recall one post where they stated they had photos - but nothing about the content.
unfortunately that is all gone..  way before my time.   I’m gonna look into some stuff but the actual hardware is gone so not much I can do about that.  

What can be, unburden by what has been.
lol - we are gonna make gd great again.. It’s gonna be huge, it’s gonna be the greatest, quite possibly the best website on the web.. or at least that is what they tell me.. my IT guys, the best IT guys you can get.. they are beautiful IT guys.   

RD.  

Current plan is to move the site Thursday if everything behind the scenes is done by then! 

As said in the first post please don’t judge the site on the initial move..   we have to build it out over two or three weeks.    We are just moving asap for some better functionality.

RD 

Back