GD.com will go offline at some point this week!

RiverDave

Administrator
Staff member
Reaction score
It should be offline for approximately one day while we move the site onto my servers and import the content into a new software.   

The first version of the site will look similar to this one and be pretty basic.   It will get built out over the first few weeks on a test side and then implementing changes to the live site as we progress.  

I appreciate your patience as we make the transfers, and look forward to the future with all of you!  

I personally am getting on the road to goto the LOTO shoot out in Missouri but will be checking in a couple times a day..   

RD 

will we have to re-register?

Reactions: FOG
Please tell me there's no way possible for the site to crash and lose 20 years of content. (Like last time)

Last edited by a moderator:
Backups have been made.  

The biggest concern is with security updates and Invision which is what is currently running the site. Not going to bother with security updates so the change over to xenforo will be smooth and with all forum content intact.

:cheers:

will we have to re-register?
Absolutely not.  XenForo should import ALL of the content from the old site to the new site. 

It should be pretty much seamless. 

IF you want to see how XenForo works ahead of the move, just sign up on RDP now!

Lots of members here, that have water And sand toys, have been on RDP for awhile. 

You'll see lots of familiar screen names over there. 👍🏼

7324_1177213943897_822191_n (1).jpg

You won’t have to register again and we won’t lose any content..  

it should be pretty seamless..   either way this site will be backed up to my servers before it is imported so we won’t lose anything.  

RD 

Anticipating the next GD.com chapter………

@RiverDavedoesn’t mess around, shits gonna get good ladies…

Back in 2005-2006 you could refresh the home page every 10 minutes and there would be 15-20 new posts.

No questions went unanswered for more than a few minutes, like RDP is now.

Still in mourning over loosing the content from the big crash………

Anticipating the next GD.com chapter………

@RiverDavedoesn’t mess around, shits gonna get good ladies…

Back in 2005-2006 you could refresh the home page every 10 minutes and there would be 15-20 new posts.

No questions went unanswered for more than a few minutes, like RDP is now.

Still in mourning over loosing the content from the big crash………
Same. It wasn't just the technical stuff there either. Tons of great convos with Vince B, APD, VOR, etc etc etc. about the RAMP and BLM issues... the literal history wrritten as it was happening. Too much knowledge just vanished. :cry:

Absolutely not.  XenForo should import ALL of the content from the old site to the new site. 

It should be pretty much seamless. 

IF you want to see how XenForo works ahead of the move, just sign up on RDP now!

Lots of members here, that have water And sand toys, have been on RDP for awhile. 

You'll see lots of familiar screen names over there. 👍🏼

View attachment 118270
Howdy!  There's a familiar name!  👍

Nice to be informed the the site will be down, unlike the last time this happened. There was no warning and it was between Thanksgiving and New Years, on and off for a couple weeks.  That's not when the site crashed and the content was lost.  That happened a couple years later.

Back