Fur babies. You have them. Lets see'em!

Kraut_n_Rice

Site Sponsor
Reaction score
No human kids in my house.  Only the K9 kind.  Spoiled. Spoiled Spoiled....

3 Rotties.  2 are male litter mates about to turn 6.  The other is our new pup...will follow with more

1 Lab/pit mix. 

All are rescues of sort. 

The lab/pit mix was the first to come.  She was being train as a bird dog by the husband of a young family with a small child.  When baby #2 came along baby #1 wasn't happy and took it out on the dog.  Puling ears, biting, etc.  They reached out, and she came to our home.  Precious girl.  So obedient, so many tix.  Madam Yoyo!

The next 2 were Rottie males.  They had a tough go early on.  Owner was a druggie.  Traded them for a fix.  Dealer got busted, the old owner did too.  They lived in a trailer park, and fortunately the neighbor took them in.  But after about 6 months the neighbor couldn't handle it.  2 125lb+ dogs in a single wide is tough... She contacted a Rottie shelter in the PHX area (pups in SoCal), and they headed east.  We'd been looking for another rottie as my old girl had past a couple years back.  We reached out to the rescue for a companion to our Yoyo.  Well....little did Yoyo know she was gonna get two very big bothers. Tank and Diesel.  These were the names they came with..  This was a learning experience for all of us I guess. Yoyo was as easy as fake grass.  These two, well... They never had any real space to run.  Now, my yard isn't big by any means... But, they now have a couple thousand square feet of yard to destroy. 🙂  They play nice with Miss Yoyo.  So, they get to stay..

A couple years go by and the rescue we got the two big guys from had brought in a momma that was prego.  Well, what I was after in the beginning of my Rottie hunt was a puppy.  Not two bull dipshits..  This momma had 10 pups, 2 females (one being the runt)and 8 males.  I put the HEAVY guilt on the boss.  Pups were born late October, homing just prior Xmas.

SHE CAVED!! I GET A PUPPY FOR XMAS!!

Being prior rescuers, and the first to reach out, I got first pick....  Miss Reign came home the Saturday before xmas....hope the pics are in order...they will be added as an edit from my phone,

E5706240-9388-4371-9DF7-B1DCC9D37B0F.jpeg

77148600-760C-4341-805D-C4FA42095026.jpeg

Last edited by a moderator:
Currently we only have Clutch. He is an American Bulldog that I sort of saved from a guy where I work. The guy got kicked out and had the little guy living in his truck.  A deal was struck and Clutch came home. Had some major health issues and almost lost him at 1 year old. Didn't think we would have him long so he is super spoiled and going on 5.  He might honestly be the last dog I ever own. 

bl6.jpg

clutch.jpg

clutch1.jpg

babyc.jpg

This is Bailey. She’s a Shar Pei(spelling?) and lab mix. She’s about 10 years old now. Doesn’t move around so well anymore and prefers to stay home and sleep but she’s been a great dog for the family. A pic the day we picked her up and another on Nov 2020 on a camping trip. 
4C5BD718-3FE9-4C26-8103-6D1E62E5FD43.jpeg0649DD29-5093-4176-9349-A85A8D63C62A.jpeg

Here is our ridgeback mix, her name is Penny. We rescued her from a young military family that didn’t have time to exercise her and she was getting into trouble. It took a little while for us to get close and now she is a great dog. She is seven years  old and loves to cuddle in the blankets.

4AB757E3-0AD8-4B70-AB3A-0BA5605F62DC.jpeg3A563467-C5C8-41D9-B41A-CC410721CBD8.jpeg

This is Sissy. (Skunk) She turns 8 years old in a few months. Real sweetheart. And Swifty, my dog. (Loves the dunes) And even though my German Wirehair, Blitz, has passed, I still have to include her 

20210914_193158.jpg

20210906_171720.jpg

IMG_20160902_125858258.jpg

Ok,  long story and I’m going to cheat here. This is a pic of me and Cheyenne about 7 years ago. She’s passed about 3 years after this pic. After Cheyenne, I adopted a GSD/Rhodesian mix who folded into our family the first year but in year 2 started aggressive behavior and biting visitors. I started a year long regimen of training and aggression modification but nothing helped. After the mix bit my 38 year old son who he had been around since I adopted, I had no choice but to euthanize. It broke my heart. That was about 18 months ago.  The poor pup had been abused and many trainers told me they sometimes never get over it. Now, maybe I’m ready again. Anyway, I am really jealous of everyone’s photos and look forward to posting fur pics of a new baby whenever I can get one. I believe in rescue but am thinking of a pup this time around.

image.jpeg

Ok,  long story and I’m going to cheat here. This is a pic of me and Cheyenne about 7 years ago. She’s passed about 3 years after this pic. After Cheyenne, I adopted a GSD/Rhodesian mix who folded into our family the first year but in year 2 started aggressive behavior and biting visitors. I started a year long regimen of training and aggression modification but nothing helped. After the mix bit my 38 year old son who he had been around since I adopted, I had no choice but to euthanize. It broke my heart. That was about 18 months ago.  The poor pup had been abused and many trainers told me they sometimes never get over it. Now, maybe I’m ready again. Anyway, I am really jealous of everyone’s photos and look forward to posting fur pics of a new baby whenever I can get one. I believe in rescue but am thinking of a pup this time around.

View attachment 22605
Good luck with your search for a new pup quaddaddy. Its amazing how much joy and companionship they bring to the family.

My girls Tonka and Tesa.

We rescued Tesa with the tail  about 6 years ago. She was rehomed 3x before we got her. She is my shadow and the watcher of the home.

Tonka is the meat head. She's about to turn 3 and is Tesas Great Neice. Awesome dog. She's always with my kids.

Queso, well She's my wife's dog. Always with her. She's not your typical Chihuahua. Shes a rescue that had ran off from her owner.

Screenshot_20200920-213917_Samsung Internet.jpg

20190916_155647.jpg

20200321_083954.jpg

20211016_100531.jpg

20211015_182519.jpg

Our 1 year old Bull Mastiff Mongo.

20210216_120322.jpg

The day I picked him up at the breeder

20210322_182441.jpg

4 months old

20211128_143309.jpg