Freshening a turbo J35

Nicely done, thanks for posting pics. Looks like you will have it back in the buggy in no time!
Should be able to fire it up once the break in oil arrives. Gonna stab it in tonight or tomorrow. 

The following weekend we will be in glamis to start actually breaking it in.

The engine is running. After a valve adjustment confusion and a misfire from right valves. We got it fired up. Engine was idling around 31 psi and when blipping the throttle it would come up to around 60. Was hoping for more. But maybe that external cooler is just too much 

42B3294A-2298-4710-AAA2-EF324DD412BA.jpeg

CF795D55-E76B-40C2-8CC5-4EC05877F85A.jpeg

44AB9BA2-B0C3-4C8A-8BEC-2FD983A4E069.jpeg

Well playing with oil pressure gauge placement makes a huge difference. We installed a mechanical gauge directly where the factory oil pressure sender is for the Vtec stuff. The gauge at the dash and the mechanical gauge at the sender read 15 pounds different (60psi-75psi these are “ish”numbers) with just a little bit of throttle input. 

So an electric gauge is going in place of the mechanical one in the dash 

Well playing with oil pressure gauge placement makes a huge difference. We installed a mechanical gauge directly where the factory oil pressure sender is for the Vtec stuff. The gauge at the dash and the mechanical gauge at the sender read 15 pounds different (60psi-75psi these are “ish”numbers) with just a little bit of throttle input. 

So an electric gauge is going in place of the mechanical one in the dash 
Why not run the electric sender off the OEM port? I teed mine in with the turbo oil feed line. 

Skid plates installed now the last of the paneling need to be cleaned up and installed pretty much ready for this upcoming weekend…3 week engine rebuild. 

Rock bouncers would approve of the steel skid plate. It’s what I had 

F9BEB58D-7C45-4786-8334-35A61BA88BD7.jpeg

69E1531F-0667-4D6C-A22F-56C940A56467.jpeg

57575B49-E165-47F4-A890-287003ECE864.jpeg

Nice. I love my LS3 but sure do miss the 3.5. It ran so good I should have mothballed it for a future spouses car of her own, but I sold it. Oh well I may buy another some day if I come across a decent one. Mine had 110k but ran like it was still new. 

Nice. I love my LS3 but sure do miss the 3.5. It ran so good I should have mothballed it for a future spouses car of her own, but I sold it. Oh well I may buy another some day if I come across a decent one. Mine had 110k but ran like it was still new. 
They’re great engines. But I definitely love the ls3 and the massive amount of support in the industry they have. The J series have still pretty limited support 

Agreed, there isn't really anything out there to replace them with that is as cost effective as the J35.

It would be really cool if RHS would develop an aftermarket block and heads for the Honda V6.

It would be really cool if RHS would develop an aftermarket block and heads for the Honda V6.
That would be bad ass if They did but luckily stock blocks seem to be pretty sturdy at least with the sleeving. 

I wish high volume/high pressure pumps at least existed or a dry sump kit for them 

That would be bad ass if They did but luckily stock blocks seem to be pretty sturdy at least with the sleeving. 

I wish high volume/high pressure pumps at least existed or a dry sump kit for them 
Inlet cleanup possible/worth it? 

Or honda would release the HR35TT engine (which was dry sumped) as a crate engine for a 'reasonable price'
I can only imagine the price. That was the same engine that was used in that Honda trophy truck built by lafortune race cars I think

Back